It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you date a woman who failed to launch?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Could you date a woman who failed to launch?

That is, she still lives with her parents after age 25...isnt in school, work a low paying job, debt, no life goals or career ambition, and is perfectly content with making just enough money to cover food and a hobby.

Now personally I would not date such a person. Not because living at home is bad...but because lack of ambition and the inability to be a independent or contributing adult is unattractive. If a gal had goals and was living at home to save up for a house one day, and was actually chipping in with her parents expenses, then Id be kool with that.

But someone who has no goals outside of paycheck to paycheck expenses isnt something Id go for. Not to mention I wasnt raised with the idea that I should date someone Id have to end up taking care of if things got serious.
the girl
So what say you men?

edit on 2/29/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: gratuitous reseller link removed

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
How is the sex?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Still yes here

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It is a conspiracy that envelopes the whole of the generation, wheres the NWO seeks to take full control of the the world Government AND Banking by means of sheer and utter slacking on the part of the female portion of the control group(a) while at the same time causing depopulation through lack of possible sexual encounters with the male control group(b). The Greys and Reptilians also have a hand(claw?) in it too but that is a much deeper and shrouded part of the conspiracy.

The answer may be contained in the equation 1a+1b=0

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I might, but I'll just buy a Crain Knee Length Dress for myself instead *transforms into credit card zombie*

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
One could say that I'm someone who 'failed to launch'.

-I'm 25
- I finished highschool with decent grades
-spent a year and a half in university, racked up some debt, thought it wasn't a path for me
-always kept a random decent job, paid off my debt immediately and now I live with as little money as I need to just survive and take care of my hobby of ART (see signature)

Now my girlfriend of now 6 years is about to finish her second degree, will probably get a scholarship for grad school, then move on to a Phd. She's dating me, so there must be more than what you can see on the outside, people are made up of more than their place in the system.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
It is a conspiracy that envelopes the whole of the generation, wheres the NWO seeks to take full control of the the world Government AND Banking by means of sheer and utter slacking on the part of the female portion of the control group(a) while at the same time causing depopulation through lack of possible sexual encounters with the male control group(b). The Greys and Reptilians also have a hand(claw?) in it too but that is a much deeper and shrouded part of the conspiracy.

The answer may be contained in the equation 1a+1b=0

What? I thought it was bad enough that his link went to some random eCommerce site, but what you said actually makes more sense.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
One could say that I'm someone who 'failed to launch'.

-I'm 25
- I finished highschool with decent grades
-spent a year and a half in university, racked up some debt, thought it wasn't a path for me
-always kept a random decent job, paid off my debt immediately and now I live with as little money as I need to just survive and take care of my hobby of ART (see signature)

Now my girlfriend of now 6 years is about to finish her second degree, will probably get a scholarship for grad school, then move on to a Phd. She's dating me, so there must be more than what you can see on the outside, people are made up of more than their place in the system.

very well said, OP take note of the smart man two spots above me
edit on 27-2-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If she was that hot?
And if she wasnt a pain in as*?
And if she didnt complain going out and crap like that?
And if she moderately kept her mouth shut?
If she was always willing for sex but never asked for it letting me decide when?
If she was "passive"?

If all of the above were a "yes", then

Of course!!!!! Who cares about her paycheck or ambitions? I got my own paycheck and ambitions, I dont need hers.

I just want her to be cute, beautiful, passive and easily entertained - I dont ask for much really.

Kinda tired of dating lots of women... I cant even count them anymore. If you find one like that, please tell me - I'll marry her.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I was going to ask if she was attractive haha

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Depends on your goals.
Does she fit the mold you have envisioned for yourself?
Planning on kids?
It's up to you and what you think.
Love,and someone who will be there for you no matter what.
Not someone who will bail on you when things don't go according to plan,like a job loss.
If she is looking for someone to support her,run.
Cause you are not a sugar daddy,are you.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Same goes for men.

You guys are so one sided.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
man,humanity never ceases to amaze me!
first of all,i think your post would be better suited in a dear abby section in your local newspaper.
secondly,true love is not dictated by material items and ways.
think with your heart,not your penis.
love is the law.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Same goes for men.

You guys are so one sided.

Got to agree with ya there.
We are both one sided.

All I can say is I did very well with my choice,God bless her.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

If you think with your heart, you'll go broke in less than a year and be in mounds of debt before you know it. Keep thinking that way.
Then just wait for the kids to come along and times that by 5.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Unfortunately people that don't think ahead reproduce faster than those that do.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

sir,your mindless banter is unwarrented.
my 2 kids are doing just fine,i`m not `broke`as you put it,my heart is not `broke`,and i do not live beyond my means.
it seems you put money and lifestyle before anything else,so go find barbie and have a wonderful life with your credit card!
gotta love the american dream!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

In due time my friend. I bet you won't make it to 50 years.

Only the old timers make it to that long.

Oh, and last time I checked, I was Barbie. Looking for Ken right now.

edit on 27-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

almost there my friend! just around the corner

and i always say i`ll live to be 100,cause life ain`t done with me yet!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Oh ok. I guess you're the 1% then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join