It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iran ready to wipe Israel off the map'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Do you honestly think Iran, Hamas and Hezbullah are going to call a cease fire so Israel can elect a new government? The answer by the way is no - which will result ion Israel being wiped off the map.

So what are you saying, that democracy isn't possible in a country that is surrounded and threatened?

SoyonaraJupiter-
.... added ..... this should be interpreted as a neutral question without risk or reward. who is dudi cohen really?

The source is Ynet news. This source has always been known as a radical Jewish media outlet, usually reporting Israeli propaganda. Simply going to the site shows its quality- littered with ads and questionable articles.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So people are taking a propaganda statement as fact.

What's to be said then about our politicians who say that "US Soldiers are ready to do whatever is necessary to destroy X threat?" Worse is the parrots of wars who keep saying "Let's turn the middle east into a glass crater". How do you think Iranian media portrays them?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Nice comments however they dont answer the question I posed to you.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Nice comments however they dont answer the question I posed to you.

You mean the question about how everyone should stop bothering Israel so it can hold an election? I don't get the point of the question. Israel holds elections regardless, and the hardliner nationalists always win because obviously they are going to get the popular vote. The entire goal after achieving power, is to maintain it. You think these warhawks want peace? There would be no place for them.

Even look in the US, virtually all of the republican candidates (aside Ron Paul) are all warhawks who want violence so their government can be re-established. Newt Gingrich even said specifically that terrorists attacks are good against the US because it justifies his policies.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
You mean the question about how everyone should stop bothering Israel so it can hold an election?

I see once again you are incapable of reading and properly comprehending the post.

I don't get the point of the question.

Actually yes you do.. The reason your side stepping it is because the answer you would be forced to give run contrary to your stated position while exposing Iran and its intent.

Israel holds elections regardless, and the hardliner nationalists always win because obviously they are going to get the popular vote. The entire goal after achieving power, is to maintain it. You think these warhawks want peace? There would be no place for them.

Again, this has nothing to do with my question.

Even look in the US, virtually all of the republican candidates (aside Ron Paul) are all warhawks who want violence so their government can be re-established. Newt Gingrich even said specifically that terrorists attacks are good against the US because it justifies his policies.

Again, deflection and trying to change the toic of conversation in order to get out of answering the question.

Lets try again -
If Iran takes out the Zionist regime, do you think Iran, Hamas or Hezbullah are going to allow Israelis to form a new government?

Thats the question - Its a simple question...
edit on 1-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I truly don't think that after considering Iran's non-involvement in other nations affairs we can come to the conclusion that they will do anything other than support a valid democratic vote by the people. They have through their leaders said time and time again that they support the will of the Palestinian people. I think the true question is whether the Palestinian people would support a new Israel.

Iran will not intercede militarily as their track record indicates. They will however voice and give platform to the Palestinian opinion on the subject. Israel should begin immediately to open dialogue with Palestine so as to come to a peaceful and honest negotiation where both sides sacrifice and meet half way on concerns.

If Israel did depose its regime and establish a new government, that government would benefit from incorporating Palestine as equal citizens into their country, or incorporating itself as a neutral nation within another. Like the Vatican in Rome. It makes sense since they are a religious entity in nature even by their own definition. The need for an Israeli presence in the ME would be negated if they allowed Palestine to prosper and be as a host to their country.

I always saw the possible solution to the Palestine/ Israeli conflict as a creation of a neutral nation within another, like the Vatican within Rome.

If I were in charge of said new Israeli Government I would seek such a solution and simply sacrifice world presence for peaceful co-existence with Palestine. Both peoples love the land and would die to defend it. That to me is the nature of a unified country between them. I would take advantage of that mutual love of the land and establish a new nation for both.

edit on 1-3-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

If Iran takes out the "Zionist regime", thats it for Israel. Israel is not recognized by those 3 groups as a country, which is one of the reason people try to make the distinction about wiping Israel off the map (and there is no distinction, they are one in the same).

Iran funds and sends weapons to Hamas and Hezbullah, so the argument they dont interfere in other nations is not accurate at all and blatantly ignores the facts.

Hamas, Hezbullah and Iran all have stated Israel must cease to exist, and Hamas and Hezbullah have that built into their carters.

You guys are trying to sidestep the issue because you know the answer. If Iran took out the Zionist Regime, that would be the end of Israel.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

You guys are trying to sidestep the issue because you know the answer. If Iran took out the Zionist Regime, that would be the end of Israel.

That is the answer that makes the most sense. De-nationalize the area.

What was done by the United Nations in 1947-48 can be UN-done, so to speak.

Make the area into an international zone. Make this a place where people can be safe and not in fear of 2,000 year old retribution from a fantasy booklet published by insane desert dwellers.

Your thread has failed. Ultimately, you will see that violence is not the answer. And then you will surrender.
edit on 3/8/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: years

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
By promoting this erroneous headline "'Iran ready to wipe Israel off the map'" you have proved yourself to be a part of the problem. You are a jingoist. You are the problem.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
By promoting this erroneous headline "'Iran ready to wipe Israel off the map'" you have proved yourself to be a part of the problem. You are a jingoist. You are the problem.

Ya know if you spent more time reading and less time accusing people you might actually learn something. For starters how the T and C for this site requires the thread to use the article title (unless the title is so big it will not fit), as I did.

If you don't care for that then by all means submit a complaint with the site admins.

Do you have anything to contribute to the thread that is on topic? Maybe the fact that the article title came from Iran's Defense Minister, who is the one who made the statement?

How about we discuss the Ayatollah calling for Israel to be cut out and removed like a cancer?

As for your use of the term Jingoist - Iran is the one who is constantly making threats, from wiping Israel off the map, cutting them out like a cancer, shutting down the straights of Hormuz.

Iran's hissy fit is the problem and the catalyst for what we have today.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The link in your OP is, what Jacques Ellul Jacques Ellul would term, " a propaganda of agitation."

The article you posted. www.ynetnews.com...

Answer the questions.

1. Was Dudi Cohen (or Ynet) attending the "ceremony honoring past Hezbollah commanders" where Minister Vahidi made the statements on Feb 24, 2012?
Yes or No

2. In what city was the "ceremony honoring past Hezbollah" held?
No guessing allowed

3. Does Dudi Cohen (or Ynet) interview Minister Vahidi personally on Feb 24, 2012?
Yes or No

4. Did Minister Vahidi make these statements in Persian or English?
Persian or English

5. Is Dudi Cohen (or Ynet) a qualified translation expert in both Persian and English languages?
Yes or No

6. Can you find ANY OTHER SOURCE FOR THESE QUOTES other than Ynet or Dudi Cohen?
Yes or No

Last question. Is this Ynet article by Dudi Cohen a reliable source?
Yes or No
edit on 3/10/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: do not believe in poorly sourced propaganda headlines

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Please answer me this! What would iran get out of bombing
israel? If iran did do this, then most of the world would be
against them, and will most prob wipe them off the face of
the map. So, why would iran do this?

Its seems alot of governments only have to say jump, and the
people will say how high! It would hace been people like you
who said the same thing about iraq, and how they need to be
stopped because they have wmd. Some people will always fall for
government/media propaganda

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Is this the same Dudi Cohen who wrote the propaganda for Ynet?
Is this the same Dudi Cohen who was an Israeli Police Commissioner?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Wow, all these stars and flags for a thread that uses
dodgy links and people for their argument. This thread
has failed. If anything, this thread proves how brainwashed
some people are

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

I think , He's a Very Dangerous Nut Case!

edit on 26-2-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

Do you speak Farsi?
Can you confirm the translation in your vid is precise?

In fact, the alleged statements made by Ahmadinejad calling for Israel to be "wiped of the map" were proven to be fake thanks to a false translation from Farsi into English. (See: www.guardian.co.uk...) This has been well known already for some time, although it does not seem to faze the war propagandists.

PEACE,
RK

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join