It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iran ready to wipe Israel off the map'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Do you not understand the simple concept of self defense?

Deputy Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi on Friday warned Israel against mounting such an attack: "Any act by the Zionist regime against Iran will bring about its destruction.

These remarks are of a defensive nature, these are not offensive threats such as the ones that are constantly being made by Israel.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

No need to spin this one. Not sure what you're trying to get across but from what I've read it confirms that Iran are stating their intention to protect themselves and their allies from Isreali aggression.

So...what is your point?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

And? What does that have to do with the United States? Do we have a declared alliance with Israel?

Go to the Middle East & fight if defending Israel is your strong conviction.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Do you honestly think by staying out of the war you are safer? Once Israel is gone USA and Europe are next. They may not necessarily have to fight with weapons but just use the lack of critical thinking skills of progressives. Islam is nothing like Christianity as a religion.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by mayabong

I find Americans like you hilarious. With bases spanning the globe, with countless wars, coups... ect under your belt in the last 50 - 60 years. You actually have the nerve to make like Iran is the war mongering state.
No really don't try to explain yourself. lol. No need.

One of those holocaust deniers,
can't wait to see a few million jews or americans killed.

This anti-Semitic hate and American hate is getting out of hand..

Iran is ready to get their hands on some infidels and jews.

Ready to Join the Iranian army, seem so ready to go to war!
A nuclear Iran is out of the question, now unless one wants to go
to Iran and join their army and fight that war go fight that war,
I suggest that one hopes they quit their nuclear ambitions.
We know they will not so they must be stopped. So naive little sheeple.

Reported, what an irrational reaction. And calling someone anti-Semitic because they have different viewpoints than you is pathetic and happens way to much on this site.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Not certain who that question is directed to by my reply is yes, by staying out of war I am safer. In fact for anyone who has been to war nothing is quite so certain. That said, I challenge those whose deepest concern is for Israel's safety to move out to the Middle East and take up arms.

As for Islamic jihad spreading to the four corner of the world ... I don't fool myself into believing that the Israeli government is the choke point against radical Islamists the world over. That's what I would describe as epic mythology.

Added:

Good read for those concerned about Iran's nuclear prospects from the NYT: www.nytimes.com...

edit on 27-2-2012 by Kovenov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
'Iran ready to wipe Israel off the map'

They should do that and see what happens.

The fact is, they know what will happen. So, they never will do that.

Non-issue.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Ahmedinejad's comments of wiping israel off the map have been used frequently!!!

What did Ahmadinejad actually say? To quote his exact words in Farsi:

“Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad.”

“The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time.”

This is from washington post

sorry if this is already posted.

most of the middle east governments have hated the israeli regime...nothing new...
the hype now is to get people convinced that pre-emptive strike is necessary!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Looks like Ahmadinejad is hell-bent on self destruction. I wish the good citizens of Iran would all evacuate and leave him standing alone in his suicide.
edit on 2/27/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
SPIN THIS ONE???

After a bazillion threats they respond with we will defend ourselves????

Thats all the response this attitude of "kill the unarmed babies that are looking the other way, and install a privately owned central bank, and steal their oil" really deserves

edit on 27-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If it's gonna happen, there's nothing any of us can do to stop it. It's a train wreck of epic proportions. The future war in the Middle East was written long ago. Israel will be destroyed, along with, Tehran, & every other major city over there.

The only real question is. Who starts it? I mean there's only so much posturing & shat talking that can occur. Israel has America. Land of the free home of the stupid. We will gladly go lay down some young American men & women to save Israel from the bad ole Muslims.

All for a people that could care less if we existed or not. The wars (occupations) we have been involved in here of late, will look like bad training days compared to what Iran brings to the table. Iran will soundly test our military might. It's a fight we should refrain from entering.

No Iranian has ever attempted to prevent me from my personal rights & freedoms, I can;t say as much for my own Government. There will be war, It will be bad, Israel will be leveled. Millions will die......stupid damn humans
edit on 27-2-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

nevermind.

edit on 2/27/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I don't get it Xcathdra, where does your opinion on this matter come from? What did Israel ever do for you? Do you have family there or something? Why defend them? Looking at things objectively:

- Israel has a much more extensive history of offensive and belligerent military behavior than Iran does. Yes they are surrounded by people that hate them, but why is that anyway? Just because they're Jewish?

- Iran probably does support terrorist groups, but then again so do we and so does Israel so that point is moot.

- A common mistake made regarding the middle east conflict is that it is 'Israel vs everyone else'. This is a gross oversimplification of the politics of the region. Whereas Israel is 'surrounded' by some very under-equipped nations that it has a violent history with, Iran is surrounded by people that hate them a well, and those 'people' are a hell of a lot better armed than they are (the United States, Israel, Saudi Arabia, etc.)

You need to remember that Iranians are PERSIANS, not Arabs. There is a lot of tension and animosity between them, stemming from their very different sects of Islam. Israel is backed by the most powerful military force that has ever existed. Iran is backed by no one of such importance(Russia will NOT come to their defence if tshtf - they're not idiots).

All you need to do is turn on the MSM or listen to guys like Santorum/Gingrich/Romney. We threaten to 'wipe Iran off the map' on a daily basis. And we have a very good history of keeping our word in that respect. Iran has many, many more reasons to be concerned than Israel does.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Let's not get personal.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

oh, we thinks isreal is like 250+ times "more ready" to wipe... their arse?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Ok so Ahmadinejad says he wants to wipe Israel off the map? So that should only be Israels problem right?

Which means US and NATO are not required as Israel itself is a very powerful nation, remember the 7 days war?

Let the Islamists have their 7 days again and leave the West out of this.

I actually want to see how well Israel does after it attacks while Hamas/Hezbollah/Iran/Al Aqsa/Nasrallah/Ayatollah/Al-Qaeda/Al-Shabab pump rockets into it.

Let Israel fight it's own battle for once rather than using Goyims to do their dirty jobs.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Added more headline links from Arab sources concerning Israel, the US and the West..

Im thinking someone got into the meds and shared them with their neighbors over there.

Ur so uneducated its funny...........please read about israels capability on counter attackin .....wise the bap son

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I haven't been spending as much time on ATS lately because I am just SO sick and tired of all this Iran/Israel/US war talk. Honestly it is getting so old. Every thread is the same old B.S. back and forth from those who defend Israel/US and those who defend Iran. The amount of time being wasted on this topic is getting out of hand.

I am going to try and clarify one thing for everyone on this board though and hopefully it will sink in somewhat. Even when Iran gets a functional warhead it won't change ANYTHING. If they decide to use it there is no chance they will be successful, it will 100% be intercepted. If Iran makes the choice to strike with a nuclear weapon first, then that will be every Iranian's LAST day on earth. I'm not even talking nukes here boys and girls, we have 100's of different ways and weapons systems to exterminate an entire country, we don't have to use 1940's technology.

Call me crazy, call me smart, don't call me anything I could give a less. Just stop wasting your time people on arguing about this nonsense. People on here need to stop holding on to every word of jibberish that comes out of Ahmadinejad's and Khamenei's mouths and understand that all they are doing is trying to buy themselves time. They honestly believe that once they acquire their precious warhead that it will change things, when in fact all it will do is create more smiles and laughs around the war room table. The Unites States and Israel are completely ready for any scenario any of us on here could imagine and come up with.

I've been out of the intelligence community since 2008 but even back then the IC had 100% evidence and proof that the Iranian leadership was working very hard to try and buy anything they possibly could to get their program off the ground quicker. There was constant interaction with Russia and North Korea all the time regarding obtaining whatever they could to expedite the process. They are trying to play the propaganda machine the same way we do, which is fine because its just another tool to use. Hell, almost ALL of America is under the spell of whatever propaganda our government spews at us, its sick. How many Americans only get their news from sheeplevision news like Fox, CNN or MSNBC?

I too am just so sick and tired of war. Unfortunately it is never going to stop as long as the wealthy elite of this world control everything and always get their way. Understand this ATS, it's not Obama, Congress, the Joint Chiefs of Staff or any other governmental figure heads who are in charge of all this. Their strings are being pulled and when orders come down from the top that's just all their is to it, there is no debate. Back in 2000 when the whole story was still being written the invasion of Iran AND Syria was already in the works. I'm not entirely sure why, I only have some educated guesses, but all we need to know is it's because THEY want it done, so it will be done.

Hopefully one day in the future the citizens of the world will be able to come together in peace, love and harmony and begin to prioritize what we invest our knowledge, love and resources on.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

"Well said" ....
He names 'Islam" as a terror group and you say "well said". Apparently you didn't actually read what he said? Just agreeing because he has the same narrow viewpoint of the world, just like you?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join