It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iran ready to wipe Israel off the map'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

i don't think it is in iran's interest to nuke israel. russia has said on multiple occasions that they don't really want iran to have nukes.

iran makes alot of it's money from selling oil (obviously), and the recent economic santions by the U.S. and E.U. is pretty stupid. iran would be less inclined to nuke israel when it sells oil to israel's biggest ally.

we've heard similar rhetoric from North Korea for years, yet clashes tend to be minor, despite the threats and crazy leadership.

if iran got one nuke, and actually had the balls to use it on israel, iran would be wiped off the map. WWIII would probably happen at that point, as russia and china would have to decide whether WWIII is worth it over iran when they were the aggressor. russia would probably say no, china may say yes.

i don't think nukes will be used. even if iran gets one off, we'd take them out very quick probably without using nukes in return. no one wants the whole planet engulfed in radioactive fallout. certainly not the elite.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

You may be right regarding us trying to get all the smart people from these countries but to try and say that a Country in today's day and age will be successful in destroying Israel is funny. We dont need to care really because Israel can defend itself. Why are you so worried about this?? The only way this turns into a World War is if the US Russia and China get involved. But, I suspect that really doesnt matter any way. Please enlighten me.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Added more headline links from Arab sources concerning Israel, the US and the West..

Im thinking someone got into the meds and shared them with their neighbors over there.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's interesting that everyone keeps assuming that wiping Israel off the map would require nuclear weapons....... Iran could manage the feat with conventional missiles they are known to have. If their targeting and guidance systems are accurate, anyway. Israel is a SMALL SMALL place.

How large is Israel?

The U.S. Map is particularly interesting as it allows a zoom down to any one state and then overlays Israel on the state for comparison. Their whole nation would take up a small % of the state of Missouri.

By comparison.....Iran is 4% larger than the State of Alaska...or twice the square mileage (roughly) of the state of Texas. Here is a quick reference chart on size comparisons.

How big is everyone else compared to U.S. states?

Frankly..Israel will clobber Iran's population centers but Iran will survive as a nation in a war where Israel was the only one fighting. Israel would have nothing left whatsoever and without a single nuke being needed. Check that first link again for how TINY a place it is...... 263 miles north to south and between 9 and 71 miles wide.

Err... Such a small place for such mountains of hate on all sides.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: changing 236 to 263... sorry ;/

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I read nothing of nukes.....
I re-read.... still nothing was said about nukes....
Again, to triple check.... nope, no nuke-talk (except for a 'Related news Story' about Iran's developing program)

Why bring up nukes?
If someone were to invade my home, I'd want to 'wipe' my aggressors off the 'map' too~

I just know no one is trying to use good ol' Property of Substitution to fit in, what was said, to be about nukes.

edit on 26-2-2012 by bojimbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

No... Iran will do that for us, the writing is on the wall, Iran is doing all it can not to the war maker, but one to push the buttons, to go to war
" we, Iran warned and warned now it is on their hands" any move this is were it gets touchy move to a defensive line act of war , making more sanctions act of war , UK seeking new oil supply act of war now do you see check mate, rook takes knight, Queen sacrificed !!! check mate

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Are u for real?? Israel has some of the best Pilots that exist in the World as well as some very well trained and battle tested soldiers. You probably believed that Iraq was the 5th Largest/Best Army in the World when we attacked them. LOL. Israel will clobber Iran 1v1 because Iran is not a War Country and probably doesnt want a problem with no one but we will never know that will we.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

And you are correct, Iran would have to be STUPID to bomb anyone as you point out, there will be a huge glow in the dark parking lot where Iran used to be... I do however raise you, it owuld be an insane notion...

I don't think Iran is so insane it does not have the ability to envision the outcome if they were to follow through on their alleged threats. As much as they despise the U.S., it doesn't take a brain surgeon to conclude what the end result would be if the U.S. became involved. The logic being promoted by those who are intent on attacking Iran does not stand up under scrutiny.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Who wants to try and spin this one?

Dude, your title is misleading and dangerously persuasive. "Iran ready to wipe Israel off the Map."

However, you neglected to supply the thread with the reason for this quote. Iran said, "Any act of violence against it's country will not be tolerated and dealt with aggressively."

You yourself are spinning the subject matter. But I'm sure you're so prejudice in your view that you don't even recognize it.

What if you were president of a country where another country assassinates your scientists so you can't produce energy and resemble a sovereign nation? Then uses it's media control to dictate public perception while continually mistranslating your speeches?

What would you do? Roll over and take it up the A$$?

AAC

edit on 26-2-2012 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Its not my title.. Its the title of the article, which we are required to use per T and C.

As far as scientists go I would not have been a no talent ass clown like Ahmadinejad and the top Turbins by constantly calling for the death / destruction / removal of Israel as a nation.

I wouldn't have a clandestine nuclear program...

I wouldn't stonewall IAEA inspectors...

I wouldn't build secret facilities and not declare them...

I wouldn't support terror groups like Hamas , Hezbullah or Islam..

Just to name a few.....
edit on 26-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Checkmate for Whom....WW3?? I think not. I bet Russia and China back off like they have every other conflict that they didn't want to vote for which is everyone that has happened since the 1st Gulf War. Pretty sure it will be just how it was/is.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Maybe some of our Pilots Need Practice!

link   

Its not my title.. Its the title of the article, which we are required to use per T and C.

Well then your interpretation is dangerously persuasive.

AAC

link   
reply to post by bojimbo

Why bring up nukes? If someone were to invade my home, I'd want to 'wipe' my aggressors off the 'map' too~

Maybe because the notion that Iran could wipe Israel off the map without using a nuke is worthy of an LOL.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Well then your interpretation is dangerously persuasive.

AAC

Its not my fault that people are unable to read articles and comprehend them.. I will try and dumb down any other responses as much as possible to help those people out...

/end sarcasm

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

From the looks of that our Pilots dont care so much who Iranians send into THERE Airspace, and who do you think trained the Israel Pilots or Vise Versa?? Come on, Israel can take care of themselves. This whole thing really has nothing to do with Israel and does involve a Chess Board. The whole thing could come down to the US is the only one playing.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

And you are correct, Iran would have to be STUPID to bomb anyone as you point out, there will be a huge glow in the dark parking lot where Iran used to be... I do however raise you, it owuld be an insane notion...

I don't think Iran is so insane it does not have the ability to envision the outcome if they were to follow through on their alleged threats. As much as they despise the U.S., it doesn't take a brain surgeon to conclude what the end result would be if the U.S. became involved. The logic being promoted by those who are intent on attacking Iran does not stand up under scrutiny.

Hey NG... I agree.. Iran cannot be dumb enough to believe they could win in an manner... war is a complete losing propostion for Iran.
I wish the US, Russia and China would get their diplomatic panties out of a wad and tell Iran... 'you don't want to go there'...
I for one am sick of consoling friends whose grandchildren's lives have been wasted policing countries who have no interest in dancing together in the first place.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by bojimbo

Why bring up nukes? If someone were to invade my home, I'd want to 'wipe' my aggressors off the 'map' too~

Maybe because the notion that Iran could wipe Israel off the map without using a nuke is worthy of an LOL.

Well, thanks for the LOL, given that I just posted a few from this one the details of how Israel is smaller than the State of New Jersey and really couldn't expect to survive a sustained, accurate missile barrage with BIG missiles.

I hope you're right... Just keep in mind that when Israel talks about being good to go for absorbing thousands of 'missiles', they're talking about things like the over-grown Bottle Rockets the Arabs shoot at them like the Katusha Rocket. Iran will be tossing true Missiles with real warheads. .....and to recap. Israel is a *VERY* small place.

It isn't about Israel being tough....or having a super military. Listen to those that survived the Blitz against London. It's simple numbers of accurate hits to dead civilians. One number runs out before the other and decides victory.
If Syria is throwing real missiles with real warheads at the same time...well.. It's only a matter of time and pure math.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

yes WW3 is just that check mate!!! Iran gets what they want war, the world gets what it wants... the end of Israel and the US, big loser's in this chess game, UK could be as well a loser, no oil but needing to go to the aid of US for it is a NATO member.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Who wants to try and spin this one?

Misquote? Mistranslated? They really aren't speaking about Israel, but the Zionist Government?? Come on people, you have been going round and round on this topic for sometime, stating Iran is peaceful with no ill intentions.

Anyone think Iran's nuclear program is still peaceful only? What the hell are Arab nations drinking lately that is making them go cookoo for death and destruction?

You guys have been spinning for Iran.. Spin this one..
edit on 26-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

No spin needed at all if people know how to read.

But let me try to explain it to the members like a 3rd grader.

Iran is saying that if Israel attacks them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if ISRAEL ATTACKS IRAN,,,,,,if ISRAEL STRIKES FIRST

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join