It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Alignment right now!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
WAIT!!!!
Theres a planet alignment occuring and there have been no major earthquakes???

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
There will never be what is called an "exact" planetary alignment because of the different orbital planes of the planets, but there will be another close alignment of all eight planets in 2438, very similar to the one that happened in 1962.

Yes, and it will be on April 22, 2438:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
thats pretty cool ill have to check it out tonight i seen jupiter, and venus next to the moon last night and that was pretty cool

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sorry can not buy the idea of alignment causes earthquakes. Actually Magnetosphere reductions causes earthquakes. So, but not sure!!! Need more idea about the same... About possible earthquakes daily there is at least 4 - 5 earthquake above intensity of 5 worldwide. So, it should not be alignment for sure. we need to find some better reason...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
people still buy into this nonsense... lol.

im very dissapointed that nothing interesting happened.
edit on 27-2-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This is really cool but I have a question. Why do people associate plantary alignment with earthquakes? It seems more like superstition to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Add this to the mix:

CME IMPACT: A CME hit Earth's magnetic field on Feb. 26th at ~2100 UT
www.spaceweather.com...

Full disk view of magnetic solar filament erupting during the early hours of February 24, 2012. A coronal mass ejections (CME) directed toward Earth accompanied the filament eruption. This video was taken by the Solar Dynamic Observatory in extreme ultraviolet wavelength (304 angstrom).

www.nasa.gov for more space related information and goodies
www.youtube.com...

Solar Filament Eruption, Solar Tsunami - Close-up

Close-up of magnetic solar filament erupting during the early hours of February 24, 2012. Notice closer to the surface the solar atmosphere splits and waves of solar material fan out in opposite directions from the split (almost 248,500 miles long), like tsunami waves. This eruption hurled a coronal mass ejection in the direction of Earth. This video ranges from Feb 23 22:32:44 to Feb 24 04:31:32 UT.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 2/27/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: text and links

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by STEADFast

So....

Where's the quake?

Here:

Magnitude 6.7 - SOUTHWESTERN SIBERIA, RUSSIA
2012 February 26 06:17:19 UTC

Versión en Español
Details
Summary
Maps
Scientific & Technical
Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude
Date-Time
Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 06:17:19 UTC
Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 01:17:19 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
11.7 km (7.3 miles)
Region
SOUTHWESTERN SIBERIA, RUSSIA
Distances
101 km (62 miles) E of Kyzyl, Russia
333 km (206 miles) NE of Ulaangom, Mongolia
375 km (233 miles) SE of Abakan, Russia
3758 km (2335 miles) ENE of MOSCOW, Russia
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 14 km (8.7 miles); depth +/- 5.9 km (3.7 miles)
Parameters
NST=578, Nph=578, Dmin=534.3 km, Rmss=0.8 sec, Gp= 18°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usb0008672

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

using 2010 / 2011 as a ` benchmark ` - there was a mag 6.0+ EQ every 2 days - so thare was a rouhly 50% chance of an EQ regardless of alignments

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Just now

Magnitude mb 5.0
Region CENTRAL IRAN
Date time 2012-02-27 18:48:55.0 UTC
Location 31.47 N ; 56.79 E
Depth 12 km
Distances 133 km NW Kerman (pop 577,514 ; local time 22:18:55.1 2012-02-27)
22 km NW Ravar (pop 40,167 ; local time 22:18:55.1 2012-02-27)

EMSC
edit on 27-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy

Nothing interesting happened? the sight of this should be interesting enough. what are you expecting?
edit on 27-2-2012 by balladofcirclingvultures because: tpyos sukc

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
elenin alignment on twentyfirst dec this year

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy

earthquake.usgs.gov...

233 Earthquakes on this map, I don't think I have ever seen that many, normal is around 200 ish to 216 when i think it is high.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Ssssh, Elenin blew up into space junk.
It was quite the spectacular sight last night.
I didn't get to get out with my telescope but viewing it alone was marvelous just from the naked eye. I loved seeing all of my favorite sights all in such perfect conjunction as if by design. Hoping for another good view tonight and a clear sky. I personally love watching Venus and Jupiter make their voyage with the moon to the western sky every night. I also enjoy looking at Orion's belt (It's so well alligned!) and Betelgeuse every night, but that is another topic. I was looking last night and also got to see Mars as well which is a rare treat for me because I'm usually indoors at that hour.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I seen this too in the UK, looked amazing, however my camera kept blurring so didn't get a good enough picture ( insert awwww now) did look very cool thought
👍👍👍👍👍

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by STEADFast

Planet alignment does not cause earthquakes....

Planetary alignments (in astronomy called 'conjunctions'[4]) excite the public, and raise inevitable questions in their minds. Astronomers, especially those involved in public outreach programs, are used to answering these questions. However, when believers in various mystical systems use alignments as evidence for their own beliefs, many astronomers are at a loss to explain why the mystics are wrong.

Do you remember the Harmonic Convergence in 1987? That was supposed to be a Mayan/Planetary Alignment thing too, and was also promoted by Jose Arguelles. There was a spectacular alignment in May of 2000 which raised all kinds of doomsday theories. Several authors were calling it "The Great Shift". There are many 'alignments' that go unnoticed by us on Earth because they appear too close to the sun for us to see, which raises the question: Why is it only the alignments we can see that seem to have any effect?
The alignment argument

The argument for a planetary alignment goes something like this: Somehow, the planets will align, which will cause something else to happen, which will cause death and destruction on Earth.

There are several problems with this argument.
Alignments are not rare

First of all, alignments where the five naked-eye planets cluster together in the sky within a circle 25 degrees or less in diameter once every 57 years, on average. There was one in in 1962 which sent many people into a panic. There was another in 2000. They are fairly common. The next time it will happen is September 8, 2040. The 2040 grouping will include Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and the crescent Moon. They will appear in the sky in a cluster well east of the Sun in the early evening.
No spectacular alignments in 2012

But what about 2012? Nope. Nada. Nothing. There aren’t any ‘alignments’, except for the normal conjunctions that happen every year. For a good page on what exactly is meant by ‘alignments’ (and some of the pseudo-scientific claims about them) take a look at this page by Dr. Donald Luttermoser at East Tennessee State University[2].

Alignments do not cause problems

Some sites claim that ‘unique alignments will cause sunspots and massive earthquakes’. The problem is that planetary alignments do not cause sunspots, and do not cause earthquakes.
Claimed alignments will not happen

Many of the claimed alignments are simply fiction, and so are most of the claimed consequences. Here’s a quote (from a crank site that shall remain unlinked)

The solar cycle of 2012 is more significant than any other for several reasons:
1. During this time the two biggest planets in our solar system, Saturn and Jupiter, will be in line with each other. The gravitational effects of the two planets on the Sun will cause it to wobble during it’s pole shift. This can have huge effects on the magnitude of the CME’s the Sun will be tossing into space. The Earth regularly gets hit with small CME’s and research says that the increased magnitude of these CME’s are one of the major causes of global warming, and changes in the ecosystem.

No, they won't. First of all, any two points in space can be claimed to be 'in a line with each other'. If you remember your geometry, then you may remember this: A line can be defined by any two points. To talk about an alignment between two planets is meaningless. The term the author is looking for is 'conjunction', where two or more planets are within a few degrees of each other from a third vantage point.

www.2012hoax.org...

Alignments do not cause earthquakes

The ‘earthquakes’ claim appears to be that the gravitational influence of the non-existent alignments will cause earthquakes on Earth. However, the moon is much closer to us than any other astronomical object, so even though it is much smaller and lighter, it completely swamps out any gravitational or tidal effects caused by the Sun, Jupiter, Saturn, or any other object. The Sun does cause tides on the Earth, and when these tides are combined with the moon tides (at the full and new moons) then they are called ’spring tides’. When they are counter to the moon’s tides (at the first and last quarter moons) then they are called ‘neap tides’. The primary influence on the Earth’s tides is the Moon. Other planets are too small and too far away to cause any noticeable effect.

Planet Alignments don't cause Earthquakes, shifting tectonic plates cause earthquakes and governments with nuclear devices implanted deep underground cause earthquakes.

It's just a visual effect. It is interesting though the statements made in the last few pages and the claims of this and that and how easy it is to just
look it up on the internet and find the scientific answer! People would rather believe a little Chinese girl and her Elenin alignment predictions to such an extent that now every time a planet seems to be in a line with another there is going to be an earthquake. Remember a line is a 2 dimensional object, one point to another point, so there is always a planetary alignment happening and at other times there are more than one alignment but as they may be in 'line' they are not all on the same plane.

edit on 27-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

just wondering how many bull horn crescent moon's people have seen, before these last 2 months I'd never seen them before ..now it seems to be every night ....

I did dash outside and have a look, it's totally fantastic.. those stars are so bright and the line is great.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I did not find it beautiful, for me it was something that needs an answer.
The Moon should not look like that from where you were standing at this time, you should be curious and a little concerned about that.

How should it have looked?

Like a triangle with big blue wings and flames coming out the back.
Sheesh.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman
reply to post by hapablab

just wondering how many bull horn crescent moon's people have seen, before these last 2 months I'd never seen them before ..now it seems to be every night ....

I did dash outside and have a look, it's totally fantastic.. those stars are so bright and the line is great.

Started around May of 2010, here is a post from last year to give you some perspective............
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All I can say is it's pretty unusual and the web is full of comments about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join