It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Alignment right now!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I saw the yellow star too. I think it is probably Albireo, based off of this neat article... astronomycentral.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by STEADFast

I took this shot with my iPhone camera last night in PA around 7:30 PM. Not a close-up (unfortunately) but pretty spectacular seeing it in the sky.

Nice pic!
Thats what I saw last night,but the night before was even better.

Good on you.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I took this pic two nights ago but unfortunately I missed the alignment today.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Don't even get me started on that topic, our understanding of the universe is limited to what you come in contact with, everything else is speculation. Am I the only one who thinks it odd when scientists claim the earth is 4 billion years old but can't tell me what's on the bottom of the ocean?
We are tiny specs in an unfathomable universe wandering without purpose or understanding. Every ____ years the nemesis/ destroyer returns to cleanse the planet and hit the reset button. It is clearly documented that those who survive have their brains scrambled and are unable to remember the event. There are numerous monuments, caves and texts describing this cycle and there are groups of individuals who know this and for unknown selfish reasons keep it secret.
We are at the apex of our current time here, the last 250 years have seen an unparalleled rise in knowledge when compared with the previous 2500 years. That being the case we should all be levitating and using telepathy by now, unless of course the cycle ends and repeats itself on a regular basis.
Or maybe not, what the hell do I know.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JustBreathe11

No,you got it.
I don't know what alignment they are talking about for today.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

lol. There is no Nemesis.
Only on Resident Evil.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Don't even get me started on that topic, our understanding of the universe is limited to what you come in contact with, everything else is speculation. Am I the only one who thinks it odd when scientists claim the earth is 4 billion years old but can't tell me what's on the bottom of the ocean?
We are tiny specs in an unfathomable universe wandering without purpose or understanding. Every ____ years the nemesis/ destroyer returns to cleanse the planet and hit the reset button. It is clearly documented that those who survive have their brains scrambled and are unable to remember the event. There are numerous monuments, caves and texts describing this cycle and there are groups of individuals who know this and for unknown selfish reasons keep it secret.
We are at the apex of our current time here, the last 250 years have seen an unparalleled rise in knowledge when compared with the previous 2500 years. That being the case we should all be levitating and using telepathy by now, unless of course the cycle ends and repeats itself on a regular basis.

Like I said before,more time outside experiencing the wonders of our home,less time inside looking up things on the 'puter.
Just saying.
Also,you should post a thread on your thoughts and theories.
Go for it.
Your engine is running use it .

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

LOL - honestly not being patronizing, dude, and you're right that our understanding of the universe is limited AT BEST. I merely shot a picture of something I knew was not the norm. It was interesting and beautiful and something intuitively said that this was something I wanted to have; I even took it as my friends complained that they wanted to go inside...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Thanks. Funny thing is that I didn't even know I was taking a shot of something historic. I only knew it was something unusual that I wanted to have a picture of and I obsessed for about 1/2 hour that I didn't have a better camera to get a better shot.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JustBreathe11

Now that's what you call a real alignment. Well done...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Ya it seemed pretty aligned two nights ago but I didn't see it tonight to compare. But if the computer says it was tonight then it must be so

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

lol. There is no Nemesis.
Only on Resident Evil.

I'm gonna trust you on that one, but I swear if I go outside again and that nemesis thing lands on my head I'm gonna be REALLY pissed at you.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Thanks. Funny thing is that I didn't even know I was taking a shot of something historic. I only knew it was something unusual that I wanted to have a picture of and I obsessed for about 1/2 hour that I didn't have a better camera to get a better shot.

You did good.
Those were awesome pics.
Thank you for sharing them.

But,it could have been this,just kidding of course.

edit on 26-2-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustBreathe11

Ya it seemed pretty aligned two nights ago but I didn't see it tonight to compare. But if the computer says it was tonight then it must be so

They will probably spend most of the year either on or really close to the "line." So should be ample opportunities to see this happen more and more as the year goes on.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

LOL - honestly not being patronizing, dude, and you're right that our understanding of the universe is limited AT BEST. I merely shot a picture of something I knew was not the norm. It was interesting and beautiful and something intuitively said that this was something I wanted to have; I even took it as my friends complained that they wanted to go inside...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Just took a screen shot with sky-watch, pretty interesting indeed!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Here you are:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

At 8:00pm I was outside with my camera perched on top of a garbage can, tripod set up, delayed settings to capture the low light image you have posted here. My hands were freezing and I was hoping my neighbors weren't watching. Like you I wanted to capture something that "was not the norm" but unlike you I did not find it beautiful, for me it was something that needs an answer.
The Moon should not look like that from where you were standing at this time, you should be curious and a little concerned about that.
You seem like a nice person, I honestly hope you look a little deeper at what you saw, the surface is simply not enough.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I've been keeping an eye on the planets for the past few months. It was just Jupiter for a long time. Now we get to see Mercury (well I don't cause I live near some tall mountains to the west, bummer), Venus, Jupiter, Mars, and Saturn in that order from West to East.

Pretty amazing really, that's all of the naked eye planets! AND Sirius is viewable too! (that's the brightest star FYI)

But what I wanted to add is that in the 2nd to 3rd week of March, Jupiter and Venus will be at the closest point to each other in the sky, just after sunset, I'm looking forward to that.

By the way, asking a girl if she wants to see the 3 brightest objects in the night sky totally works as a pick up line =)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

LOL - wouldn't have even needed to worry about friends. They would have been three sheets to the wind!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join