It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert survivalists - The real issue hits you POST-Tribulation !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Survivalists,

I am from India.

I live off grid in the countryside, near to a village of 200 people or so, far away from any city, big or small... This much of a population can be handled with a mix of .22 pellet gun, dogs and stun guns.

I have been living (say, trying to live) off grid for couple of years now, and successfully so.

I have Solar for power, keep goats for milk, keep big dogs, grow my own veggies, away from any major source of river/sea/lake, have a borewell dug and a handpump for water, stock my grains/pulses, live in a quake friendly pre-fab unit etc.

I am a homeopath by hobby and use these medicines for common illnesses.

In short, I am all set for the rollercoaster ride. I pretty much am in the know of what will happen, the exact sequence of the events, the time table of Lord's advent, Ice age, the years of darkness/war/disease etc. and none of this is my question.

My question (and worry!) is this-

Picture this scenario. It is a given that the Oil, Gas and Electricity will not remain in the foreseeable future. You have stocked food worth several years and live in a really remote location.

The weather extremes will disallow you to keep carriage animals like Horses etc. Keeping a car and fuel stored for several years to travel 100s of miles later is impractical.

Over a period of few years, 90% of world population will go. The remaining set of folks will transmigrate (on foot?) hundreds of miles somewhere where the NWO will set up "Golden cities" or "Vortices". The new age, the new way of living, whatever, wherever the remaining population will be set up.

Imagine now that the worst is over... You can only imagine it is over because there would be no news channels confirming this to you.

Sitting in your remote location, you see the weather extremes go away. Sun shines forth again. You start feeling, things are OK again. You get a feel, tribulation is over.

Now, in your remote location... What do you do?

There is no communication media. There are no mediums of transport.

Where do you go from this location? The stored food will one day come to pass. How do you know where the new settlements are? Which direction do you go to? How do you travel?

Isn't this like groping in the dark? Aren't you marooned? Isn't this idea of moving to a remote location a delayed "Suicidal pact"? You have only postponed your adieu from this planet, that is all.

Has anyone thought over this? This seems like the only piece of puzzle that I am not able to solve.

Rgds,

ireign

BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH !!!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by awakenedsoul

you are all set for now because the world has not fallen apart. Should things take a turn for the worse what meager means you own now may appear to be invaluable to someone else. Clearly if what you are saying is true and you are living with minimal means you certainly have the advantage. I figure for those like myself that have lived alongside of technology and the things we take for granted figuring out what you have done over a couple of years through trial and error possibly without the threat of dying is certainly a plus. I think things would be easier if the community you were in was larger and with more weapons than just a stun gun but weapons can only take you so far. I think what needs to happen is for established area such as yours and despite being 200 with folks trickling in and hopefully learning to survive and contributing to your community is the key.

I personally don't look at you as a survivalist but someone living within your means just as though someone that lives in the rainforest lives...this is the life you have chosen to live and hopefully you were not thrusted into it which I think makes you a survivalist...just some thoughts...could you eventually post some pics of your place such as your solar panels and the reserve you live on?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well, since the NWO created the Georgia Guidestones as markers for the survivors of the future, that should be a safe place....
Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

There is post modern means of communication via shortwave, ya know? the old style tubes ones.

But do you trust those on the other end...that is the question.

The key in my mind is to listen and observe in your scenario. You've already survived the worst...why walk into a trap? Let others come to you and parlay.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You probably won't be able to isolate yourself completely...every now and then a wayfarer or merchant would wander through who you would get news and information from. Also, to maintain your security you would have to have knowledge of the surrounding areas. Over time (who knows how long) with nothing better to do than survive and hunt for resources you would probably gain a pretty good understanding of the surrounding 100 square miles at least - which likely would include some other settlements. Trade always happens - merchants played a large part in the mapping and exploration of our world and the connecting of people...I doubt that would change.
edit on 26-2-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The elevated souls do not pass judgements. They do not debate. They do not question. They do not pass critical comments. If they have an answer to the asked question, they respond. Else they go back to their breath, ignore and pass on.

ireign

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ham radio solves communication (and boredom)
Stash away a nice variety of seeds and grow lamps for future harvesting concerns

And keep a couple well maintained bikes for those city trips.

Might also, since your trying to preserve the last traces of humanity, want to back up as much information from the net as possible so when things get a bit more normal, you can toss the information back out..would suck to lose the sciences and arts of thousands of years of civ due to whatever random catastrophy...although I don't believe that to be a major issue, ya never know.

Might also consider how to restart your own part of civilization...planning out helping survivors, rebuilding, etc...decide what is needed (farming, doctors, engineers) and how to get ahold of them sooner rather than later after the event.

If your not working to help rebuild civilization after such an event, then your right..what is the point of trying to survive.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Learn to Remote view is my answer.
That's the only way I can see to resolve your problem.

Is Ham radio no good then?

Post Tribulation is really for those who do not believe in the Uncreated Creator God and who have participated in destoying the Earth. Are you sure you will be here then?

If the Looking Glass project is right, Timeline 2 is for those mentioned above. This is the post trib scenario,

Timeline 1 is the good and peaceful one.
peace

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If you can live alone with enough supplies to live a long time, then you could just stay alone, if you don't mind being alone. No one wants to think about dying alone though. If you can have some children to care for you in your old age, that would be good. It would be good to at least have a few families to make your own tribe. Then you could intermarry without incest, and make a small sustainable tribe.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I live off grid in the countryside, near to a village of 200 people or so, far away from any city, big or small... This much of a population can be handled with a mix of .22 pellet gun, dogs and stun guns.

So you have internet access? or do you tell us all this from a coffee shop public computer? Seem's kind of odd to me.

edit on 26-2-2012 by mark1167 because: quote

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I dont know how to answer the question, I believe man needs communion with others to survive, so would you even make it long enough in isolation to meet another person is my question.

To be honest, why don't you share what you know about the events to come, I think we are all more than a little interested in your statement. thankyou

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Isn't that the ideal situation? You survived, things are now improving, you can begin to grow food again. You can venture out in all directions, find new resources, maybe meet other survivalists such as your self. Why would you want to rejoin civilization if you voluntarily left it to begin with?

Now, granted it will be lonely. Hopefully you have a mate? Kids? Neighbors that are similarly prepared?

One may not want to survive totally alone, but hopefully one can educate a handful of like-minded enthusiasts and begin to build a new village. New breeders to populate the Earth!

If you are currently alone, find you a young woman interested in the survivalist lifestyle and begin building your own family.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

As you said. There is no infrastructure off the grid. So either you made a visit to a city to type this post, or maybe you are sitting at home in your basement thinking "how could I be dishonest today.....Oh I know! I'll pretend I'm someone else on a forum! There's lot's of suckers anyways.") Am I to suppose that you have enough power and perhaps a satellite dish to connect to the internet, and to run a computer and monitor, (that takes lots of juice, in case you did not know.) or should I assume, as I have, that you are not who you say you are. But I do like stories though, so do go on.

edit on 26/2/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Don't know why so many people are interested in pointing out about connectivity and trying to ascertain if I really live in a village as long as my question is genuine and to the point.

I don't wanna prove it - assume what you like. See how many people have responded right to the point without worrying who/where/how. They deserve merit because they have far sightedness.

And for the ones who are needlessly trying to ascertain truthfulness in whereabouts, please broaden your perspective

Here's to them for one last time.

There is something called a USB modem which provides net connectivity in the village. Looks just like a pen drive. It goes into a laptop. The laptop works of an AC inverter running of a grid of 12 V batteries, which are charged using an array of Solar panels. As long as there is a cellphone signal, one can connect to the net using the USB modem.

www.wimaxian.com...

ireign

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Great discussion going. Thanks all for your valuable inputs.

Don't want to debate it, but for the ones who do not know clearly, be very clear that 90% of population will go. There will be death, disease, ruins everywhere few years from now. How I know for sure - because I have a connection with the higher source, the guiding light. Long before this noise about end-times started, I was in communion with the higher self.

I have been a software professional all my life, have travelled the globe, have lived life in the comforts of a city life - air conditioning, cars, gadgets, refrigerators, electric heaters. For the last 2 years, I quit the corporate prison, and practicing living off grid and trying to be self reliant for almost everything.

I have a family, my wife and one daughter. We 3 live together in this new lifestyle because I believe practice makes a man perfect, and I believe it is useless to start digging a well when you are thirsty.

We have learnt SO MUCH from the villagers, who are in the practice of living off themselves in a self sustaining manner.

With this experience of last 2 years in the country, I can reliably comment that living alone (or a family of 3) in a self sustaining lifestyle is as tough as it gets.

1) Without electrically pumped water, there can be no meaningful crops. It is impractical to grow crops by drawing water out the well manually. I agree that few veggies can be grown for home use, but not crops.

2) It simply ain't possible to plough land manually without animals and tractors.

3) Insecticides, Fertilizers

4) Without doctors, hospitals, and medicine - one cannot survive for long no matter how many in number you are.

5) Things of daily use - Clothes, Shoes, Repairs... all that paraphernalia.

For those who believe, there will be people and merchants flowing around freely, you are dead wrong. Post tribulation, what you are going to see is HUGE VOID.

Whatever remaining humanity will be concentrated into certain pre marked areas handful in number in each country...and we don't know where these vortices are... the biggest migration of the history of mankind is upon us... You will see not only inter-country migration, but even intra-country migrations.

The only HOPE is to reach one of these Illuminati ruled "New Golden cities" post tribulation. That is possible if one gets communication of the whereabouts of it, and there is means of transporting to that area which could be any number of hundred miles away.

ireign

BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH!
edit on 26-2-2012 by awakenedsoul because: Edit to Add

edit on 26-2-2012 by awakenedsoul because: Edit to Add

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Once you start living in the countryside, you will observe how lonely you are. The constant swarm of population that you are used to seeing in the city, just vanishes.

All that remains is void all around, as far as the eye can see. Occasionally someone will meet you if he happens to just pass by.

And this is when oil, gas and electricity is available freely.

In the extreme times of shortages that you are going to see, man will eat man. People will die fighting each other over resources, or of disease and malnourishment.

If you pass these few years successfully hidden in a rabbit hole in a remote location, be sure you will be the only one alive for hundreds of miles take any direction.

And I am trying to find out if anyone has more information about this aspect.

God has been communicating to many people in the last decade. Am trying to find if there are some more folks in the know.

As I said, this is the ONLY piece of the puzzle I have not solved.

Rest all has been figured out.

ireign

BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
have all that need .. including reliable sources / methods of getting intel on whats going on in the outside world.

will stay put out here where am at .. have neither a need nor use for the cesspool people call "civilisation" ... let it all collapse world will be better off.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

You said it. That's what I am trying to ascertain.

In the deep countryside, in a world without oil/gas/elec, what would be the "reliable sources / methods of getting intel on whats going on in the outside world"?

I agree with the cesspool of sheeple, and you are absolutely to the point.

The name I was going to choose for myself initially was ireign888... rhymes with your pseudoname.

There is a gr8 significance of 888 in the time table of the advent of the next age, and I hope you know it.

I've cracked everything - except for this one thing - and I know this information must be out there somewhere. There has been communication from the aliens on almost everything that has been caught, except for thisone last detail.

ireign(888)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Ham radio solves communication (and boredom)

Just what I was going to say. The true survivalists I know are geared up with this NOW.
Plus they are rigging up wind and solar power.
Plus any realistic chance of survival means people grouping together - both for physical and mental support. Frankly you would have to be some sort of a nutter to be out on your own and your chances of survival would be low. And there will always be brave souls venturing out.
Communication will be different but it will still be there.
edit on 27-2-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I think (if your predictions come to pass) when the smoke clears you'll find that the major governments will initiate their plans of rebuilding society. I'm reading "Foundation", it's about the fall of the human galactic civilization and the plans that scientists have to significantly reduce the inevitable rebuilding period and start anew with a stronger foundation.

Our own governments, who aren't evil incarnate, must have similar ideas I'm betting. They'll want to grow and organize the population as quickly as possible in order to establish themselves as an emerging world power. People are a valuable and unique resource that there is no substitute for. The lucky and/or strongest survivors will eventually discover that they're not alone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join