It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very bright eye floaties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hello Ats

i was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or knows what this may be. this happened two days ago

i was sitting in a chair in the living room having a conversation then all the sudden all around me i seen white specks flashing and disappearing like ultra bright LED's. i just immediately stopped the conversation and was drawn to the lights. I see eye floaties all the time but this was different.

there was no excessive light, and no tv on, it just happened,

i also felt got the strong feeling it was something observing/checking me out

i dont always see things, infact my only "ghost/spirit" sightings happened when i was really young.

i do not do drugs..however i have been taking something called Silene capensis (african dream root) its been about a week now. it helps with lucid dreaming and having vivid dreams. this plant is connected to the Xhosa African tribe and brings the user into what is called the "White Paths", it is believed to be connected to spirits, and the plant is said to have a consciousness of it's own.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
1. It is a possiible sign of impending stroke

2. I get this when my blood pressure is really high

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

that is definitely not what i wanted to hear lol

im only 25 and my Blood pressure is normal.

this phenomenon only happened for like 5 seconeds

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kolder

Didn't mean to scare you

At your young age, it is most likely something else then.
I have had strange "wavy" vision a few times an the past 4 months or so, and have wondered if it has to do with ascention.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I've been having these occur more often in the last few months. I'm optimistic that this is good (or at least neutral) but I'm unsure how it would be. I may end up having to go to a doctor as a precautionary measure if it gets more intense or routine. Posting to subscribe.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
How are your eyes? do you wear glasses?

Quite recently I started experiencing dark blobby areas in my vision so I went to my DR's. He sent me for an eye test.
Until I went for the eye test I'd been wearing glasses that I got at my local supermarket but after the test I received some PROPER specs. Since I stopped wearing the cheap supermarket glasses the dark blobs have vanished so I can only assume it was caused by the cheap glasses straining my eyes. Have you had an eye test?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I get those occasional, I don't know what they are. Some electrical activity of some sort. I doubt if they have any relations to spirits. I built my home on an old Indian ceremonial cite and I know about Indian spirits. They may make you go fishing or get you to build a campfire fire but nothing with lights. An Indian Medicine man mentioned that burning cedar will get the spirits to go back home if one gets attached to you. Yeah, right, I'm on their home, they'll just go back and wait in the house for me to come in. At least they are friendly spirits and I always have an excuse to go fishing.

I do have temporal lobe epilepsy and have auras which may be related to the lights. Eat some asparagus or cooked cabbage or even coleslaw and see if it helps. They contain Asparagaines that dampen excessive stray brain activity.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
wasnt any black dots or anything and no discomfort i actually really enjoyed it, and its only happened once and never again .. yet lol

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Could have gotten a head rush or could be the film over your eyes still present from when you were born refracting differently, or a combination of the two. The above poster mentioning stroke symptoms should encourage you to seek a professional.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Im amazed to see others seeing the bright moving dot's, it is the best feeling when i see them... i remember when i was about 15 i started seeing them and i was so intrigued what they were... when i see them moving it is like electricity and they move in all sort's of directions, i know what Im seeing is not health related but something special and for those who have or are experiencing this phenomenon don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I wish i could capture whatever it is im seeing and watch it all the time, its absolutely beautiful and i hope people can help us find out what it is.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kolder

Phosphenes, or hallucinations of momentary flashes in the visual field can have many causes.

Yes, high blood pressure is one. Optic neuritis is another. Chronic cannabis use is a third, relatively more benign cause.

And people over middle age sometimes have them for no apparent reason.

However, if your hallucination really did look like the picture you posted, it suggests that you were suddenly bathed in a shower of radiation, some of which appeared on your retina as phosphenes.

Diarrhoea? Nausea? Hair falling out in clumps? Subcutaneous bleeding? Maybe you've been irradiated...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I had retinal bleeding , it was a bright white flash but one large one in one side...PLEASE see a doctor regardless because there are so many things it could be . All the aforementioned comments and also lights and flashes of different types can be associated with a brain tumor...don't mean to alarm you , just rule out any possible medical issues first and nowadays age isn't as much of a factor.

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

I see short length slow moving bright fine streaks moving in various directions when I see them. I'm not worried about them, they haven't caused me any harm so why worry. I do have the temporal lobe epilepsy so I may have lost the ability to filter them out or they may be something the brain creates. They may be always there and we just don't see them normally. Who cares, they are now a part of my life, It's not they are going to make me crazy. I make soup with boiled cabbage once a week and it helps. I'm allergic to all the epilepsy drugs so I have to improvise and this required studying the biochemistry of foods and herbs. The foods work all right and have little side effects. $2000.00 a month cheaper too, but the insurance company won't pay the new cost of $7.00 a month for some cabbage and asparagus. I gotta eat something anyway so what's the difference. Now I study the pharmaceuticals and find the basis for their drugs and how they work in the body.

edit on 26-2-2012 by rickymouse because: added

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kolder

The bright swirly floaters happened to me the other day too. They are probably nothing to worry about although everyone could use a yearly eye exam. They can happen for various reasons like the aforementioned blood pressure spike, or changes in your retina or the vitreous humor of the eye. Bottom line, if it happens again, or you have ANY pain in your eye, go to the doctor.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kolder

Just did a quick search on the root you said you were taking and i thought you needed to know that it is thought to have an effect similar to an MAOI. With MAOI's you have to avoid certain foods or it can cause dangerous blood pressure spikes. Do a quick google search to see about this. There isn't a lot of research out there about ingesting this plant so please please please be cautious.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I'm 19 years old and I occasionally get this. However, it is only during moments when I have high blood pressure. Even if it is just temporary high blood pressure. If I am sitting in a too hot room for long or have a stress-out moment, I will occasionally get these bright LED type lights that swim around in my vision and disappear randomly almost like a shower of shooting stars. That is the best way to describe it to me. Shooting stars.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i made myself see them accidentally a couple weeks ago. i have long hair and i was kind of doing a head banging motion to flip my hair back before i tied it up in the bathroom. when i did, i saw the stars kind of popping on and off, only for a few seconds. it's like getting your bell rung pretty good...it did make me smile when it happened, like it felt good. right before i clicked on this thread, i got a high pitch tone in my left ear (the ear closest to the open window beside me) new definition of "HAARP ring"??? hahaha!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've had them, and I would agree that it's blood pressure related. In some research I've found that on a microscopic level it can be related to the retina detaching from the eye but not in a serious medical condition kind of way. You probably have nothing to worry about but keep an eye on your blood pressure to be sure.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It's caused from a lack of oxygen to the brain.imo

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
First... contact your family physican for an examination.

Aura, or visual disturbances are not uncommon with migranes, and there are millions of people who have the aura and never 'feel' or sense a migraine.

My aura most usually resemble the 'whirly gigs' children buy at carnivals and hold into the wind to spin.

Although, I did twice have situations where my vision completed whited out for a period fo time, except for a slight peripherial area in each eye.

I was tested up oneside and down the other, complete with every sort of imaging device known to man to be told, well, 'you're having aura usually associated with migranes, but for some reason you're not feeling the migraine... well, thanks a lot doc... thats a great help...

Get to your doctor and find out what the problem is...

new topics

top topics

join