It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a Facebook "Like" button be a good thing on the ATS threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Not once, I found quite some good threads I wanted to share on facebook, however there is no "Like" button or "Share on Facebook" function I could use. Just wondering, would this be a good idea?
edit on 26-2-2012 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Our 'like' is a star, and I don't think the majority of folks here want to be linked to FB directly. I could be wrong...

Peace,
spec

ETA: You could just carry the post over to your FB and share I reckon.

edit on 26-2-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

ats has a facebook page so couldnt you just share ats on facebook that way?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The day that ATS allows my posts to be shared on Facebook will be my last day on this site!
The Google Plus thing is bad enough!

I think I'm going to change my user name to George Orwell.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Copy the link and post it to your facebook page

Too many members of ATS hate facebook and are paranoid about it to have it embedded into the forum

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

The day that ATS allows my posts to be shared on Facebook will be my last day on this site! The Google Plus thing is bad enough!

I second that! I hate facebook, I had an account but closed it, don't want anything to do with it.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Hehe, a lot of people love privacy, I agree with this - however , some information in - here is worth sharing. ATS should not force any member to associate the ATS account with Facebook, however we should have an easier way of positing what we find interesting. Copy+ paste of the ATS link is also ok, but I believe an "LIKE" button would not hurt anyones privacy. It looks like I will have to stick to the copy+paste of the link then

edit on 26-2-2012 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Stars and Flags... this system is alot better than face book

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Nay

Definitely not necessary. Just download the "facebook like button" add-on for your browser. It's works for any web page you're viewing. Or copy and paste url as mentioned above.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
copy/paste the ATS url to your facebook page.

Second line

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
facebook comes here and i pedict a mass migraton away

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I don't like Facebook, myself, and I am tired of its "Like" button everywhere. Personally, I like ATS the way it is.
edit on 27-2-2012 by LoneCloudHopper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
No, no facebook "like" button, thank you. Got enough Big Brother garbage as it is. Besides..given some of the folks here, do you REALLY want them learning more about you?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Nothing even remotely near anything resembling anything on facebook would be a good idea for this site. I used to use facebook but not anymore, after finding out some of the things they collect information wise.

However ATS does have a FB page and I'm sure you can like and share from your FB account anything that is on the ATS FB page. I used to before I became enlightened as to what FB was all about and stopped using it. The only problem that I saw with the ATS FB page was that 85-90% of my "FB friends" had no clue when I would share a link from ATS FB page.

Not to knock all users of FB, but most of the people on FB seem to be the usual hypnotized social masses.

new topics

top topics

join