It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Talk about David Wilcock's 2012 Claims

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

The point of the comparison is that it's easy for those with the gift of public speaking to establish a following of true believers. While Wilcock is not using his following to take over the world, it's still just as malicious. While the outcome of the two differ drastically, the means to the end is still the same.

As for the thought that Wilcock will be finished when his 2012 prophecies turn out false.... By that logic, Wilcock would already be finished. He has had many prophecies that he made that turned out to be false already, in fact, I would dare say every prophecy he has made thus far with a date prior to now has turned out to be false. So why is he still going?

Simple. He already has a story to explain away the false prophecies before he even makes them. Stories in which people that buy into his crap willingly accept. I imagine this creates a revolving door in his customer base. People probably stick around for a few excuses before finally making the decision on their own that he's full of crap, while at the same time new customers are just beginning to discover him. This revolving door customer base is usually true for all charlatans.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by rebellender

I've already pointed out 2 failures in this thread. Go read.

Poor stereo...

I guess at 6 pages is when people finally give up on reading a thread before trying to participate in the conversation...

Originally posted by KerryLynn
reply to post by stereologist

What's wrong with Swede's? I have cousins in Oslo.

But then again, I guess even just reading the page on which you post is too much work for some people. I would imagine someone too lazy to read a single page of the discussion they are trying to participate in are also too lazy to do enough research to substantiate a charlatans claims. Sad really.

Ya'll need to go back and actually read stereo's posts before jumping the gun. He/She has added some insightful arguments and information about the topic of this thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I'm having a hard time understanding why this supposed "shift" is occurring; it makes very little sense for us to suddenly wake up with magic powers, does it not? I think I'd attribute this more to fantasy and wishful thinking than a possibility.

The shift is to move from the physical to the metaphysical, so that we are not relegated to the material world only. Kind of like having a foot in both realities.

I said I wasn't going to comment on Wilcock's one way or the other, but I have to on this issue. My problem with his methods are that he tries to bridge a gap between physical science, physical reality and compare it to metaphysics, or an alternate reality.

IMO not ever going to happen, unless a person has actually experienced something for themselves that they can relate to, but then why would anyone need David to explain it to them if they have already experienced something metaphysical. David Wilcock tries to touch on so my subjects and tries to tie everything together, because he want to appeal to the masses and their personal experiences.

I believe if David had a much more humble approach and wasn't trying to sell his latest book, every 6 months he would fair much better among the skeptics.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh...and if 2012 comes and goes without any great ascending event for mankind, Mr. Wilcock will have, no doubt, researched that everyone failed to factor in all the leap years in the last 5200 years on the Mayan long-count calendar which - by my count- would add up to 3.57 years, pushing the actual, REAL PRECISE date to something like April Fool's Day, 2015, 04012015 which must mean something in hyperdimensional hoo-ha to the power of the golden ratio 1.618.

Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malkuth
Oh...and if 2012 comes and goes without any great ascending event for mankind, Mr. Wilcock will have, no doubt, researched that everyone failed to factor in all the leap years in the last 5200 years on the Mayan long-count calendar which - by my count- would add up to 3.57 years, pushing the actual, REAL PRECISE date to something like April Fool's Day, 2015, 04012015 which must mean something in hyperdimensional hoo-ha to the power of the golden ratio 1.618.

Just sayin'.

Or he'll just bail with all of his money and retire in the Grand Cayman's.

He won't have to explain anything if he is sipping on margarita's from his yacht.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Look.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see things are "quirky".

It doesn't take a theologian to know we are living in strange times (end times as some call it).

It doesn't even take a mayan elder to know what kind of space we find ourselves in these days.

Look around, get in tune with the Planet and the Universe, become aware of the massive global changes happening every day all day long and research the cosmos.

We are indeed living in a time that will go down in History.

I have many links and references from NASA and the ESA. They are in the know and believe me everyone will be in the know sooner than later.

Society does not like any radical thinker....we feel safer when we keep thinkers closed in a box...it just "feels" better.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
Are you telling me that you don't think it's a little more than a coincidence that right now there are so many weird things that are going on right now? Just look at the global awareness uprising like occupy, or the arab spring movements, look at the global economy on the verge of collapse, look at the potential ww3 situation developing, look at the solar activity predicted by NASA scientists, which will have huge potential impacts on the earth, look at the political system falling apart because of the growing awareness of it being a complete scam, look at the growing totalitarian state, look at the weird weather, look at all the fish, bird, dolphin and whale deaths, look at all the earthquakes and volcanoes, listen to all the weird noises in the atmosphere that are being reported, look at the record amount of UFO sightings, i'm sure there are a lot of things i'm forgetting but you get the point.

I think everything is coming to a head and I am hoping that it is the old system in it's death throes, and we are on our way to a different paradigm in this world. Anyway's I don't think Wilcock is 100% right on everything, but I think he is on the right track and at least has a positive attitude to how he approaches this subject. I guess we will see shortly how this grand drama is going to play out! Peace!

More accurately, the Internet is maturing and information is shared more easily. The sky is not falling, instead you're experiencing information overload, or data asphyxiation, from too much Internet use and time spent on ATS. These things you mention happen regularly (with the exception of the banking crisis), but now you can read about them on a minute-to-minute basis. For example, here's a really bad year that our ancestors survived (1927): stevengoddard.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I did not just fall off the Turnip Truck and over the past 5 decades I have seen and heard a lot but more specifically, where David Wilcock is concerned, the first time he mentioned his appearance being much like that of Edgar Cayce and drawing the listeners towards the possibility that he was the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce, was the moment he was labeled a self serving con-man in my book. Since Mr. Wilcock appeared on the scene I have heard most of what he had to say from numerous sources from Project Camelot to the various conferences in Az to the recent drama Benjamin Fulford and for all the "Feel-Good" dialog the man has developed to please his crowds, I would not buy Penny Stocks based upon what the man says.

This is a world where Resolution Through Conflict; where swinging from one extreme to the other is the rule. If there is a God or Gods, he, she, they like how things are and frankly, I think people like how things are because they keep doing the same things, supporting the same people etc etc.

These points having been made, we are at one of those extremes I mentioned and yes I believe this civilization is going to break, needs to break and a lot of you are going to suffer..it is Your Karma.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I really doubt Wilcock is making enough money to have bought a small fishing boat, let alone a yacht.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xieon
I really doubt Wilcock is making enough money to have bought a small fishing boat, let alone a yacht.

Your probably right.

He'll just disappear to Mississippi, with a row boat, and drink Bud light.

I think in the end, he has raised some awareness, be it negative reaction or positive he has stirred the pot.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
New age propaganda. Plain and simple.

Trying to get more people deceived into joining his cult.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The thing is..... what does he say that bothers or intrigues his audience? Is there any other sources that can back up what he is saying? I think for about 50% of his material there is material out in internet land that can make cause for an eyebrow or two. I think he is 50% correct.

He is not alone with the mind set of this year (2012) and the years that follow. Not only do the maya talk of this time and day and age but so do many other ancient texts. If one is interested in knowing the truth then I can guarantee you they are or have been doing their due diligence to know what, if anything is going to happen within this planet and or solar system.

If you have not researched where we are at in space I would say...thats a pretty good start for the researcher.

If you could care less....then you may want to keep an opinion to yourself because you have not done any due diligence to be informed of any Earth changes that others may see or hear. Your understanding will be lacking without proper research.

The Planet has always had cycles and we are in a cycle now that has been experienced by the Planet but we have yet to experience what may be on the horizon.

As people begin to feel what they cannot see...things will get even more interesting because for one person who has never been empathetic will all of a sudden have loads of empathy. It will be like a snowball effect with the human and for the Earth. Each Planet and Star will be and is being effected and the times of fighting over silly stuff will be at a low because there is much more brighter things that await us on the horizon and Im not talking about the Sun.

The prophets before us spoke of this day and age and each of us will either listen and take heed or will turn a deaf ear..either way its coming.

I think for the one who is aware of such changes may have a little more power over the one who has turned a deaf ear. If each of us tune in to the Earth and to the cosmos by praying or meditating we may have a chance to conclude mind over matter when or if shtf in regards to a major global catastrophe.

The way I am writing may come as a shocker to some....its just not the normal kind of every day talk. Its some real #!! Don't take my word for it or anyone elses for that matter....RESEARCH for yourself and tell me things are moving along as usual!

SO what ...we have the internet and we think things are worse because of real time news. Things ARE worse! There is no doubt about it. I could create a thread to show just how bad things are....this aint no picnic. The internet just allows us to be more aware and more connected.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Xieon

You're joking aren't you. His book of malarkey is on the NY Times best seller list.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Xieon

You're joking aren't you. His book of malarkey is on the NY Times best seller list.
www.nytimes.com...

how many best sellers do you have stereologist?
David Wilcock is making money somebody diggs him.
You can cry Malarkey but are you published?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I think he is 50% correct.

Are you suggesting that he is as valuable as a flip of the coin? I don't think so> I think a coin toss is more likely to lead to a correct answer than Wilcock.

Not only do the maya talk of this time and day and age but so do many other ancient texts.

The Maya mention 2012 once. There are n prophecies and no other ancient texts mention 2012.

SO what ...we have the internet and we think things are worse because of real time news. Things ARE worse!/quote]
That has been a complaint for thousands of years.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Whether or not it is published does not matter. What matters is the material that is published.

Rush Limbaugh had several best sellers.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
He was wrong (along with Richard Hoaxland) about Obama and the White House and disclosure. They were so positive.....oops, the timing is hard to figure. Right. Back in 2007, he was positive we'd be floating and psychic with super powers after 12-21-2012. Right. We'll see.

I have no idea why he's taken seriously. But Salusa, Matthew's Mother, Bashar, and the GFL all have their own groupies who swear the negative effects of Fukushima are being removed by aliens - the one who protect the world from nuclear bombs. Right.

On a scale of 1 to 10 - if 10 is truth and 1 is bull# - I would give him a 2 at best. The emotional whining and blaming is a bit distracting. I guess I'm just not that into David Wilcock and would avoid him at any social gathering.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I think he is 50% correct.

Are you suggesting that he is as valuable as a flip of the coin? I don't think so> I think a coin toss is more likely to lead to a correct answer than Wilcock.

Not only do the maya talk of this time and day and age but so do many other ancient texts.

The Maya mention 2012 once. There are n prophecies and no other ancient texts mention 2012.

SO what ...we have the internet and we think things are worse because of real time news. Things ARE worse!/quote]
That has been a complaint for thousands of years.

Again...one must research and to begin you can start with space if you haven't already. There is not a specific date mentioned by ancient texts and prophets but there are indeed signs they spoke of.

Do your own due diligence.
I have!!!

So you don't like David. You have made your opinion clear and if you don't agree with at least half of what he says then you and I obviously disagree in regards to his accuracy of truth. SO be it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

Originally posted by jaws1975
Are you telling me that you don't think it's a little more than a coincidence that right now there are so many weird things that are going on right now? Just look at the global awareness uprising like occupy, or the arab spring movements, look at the global economy on the verge of collapse, look at the potential ww3 situation developing, look at the solar activity predicted by NASA scientists, which will have huge potential impacts on the earth, look at the political system falling apart because of the growing awareness of it being a complete scam, look at the growing totalitarian state, look at the weird weather, look at all the fish, bird, dolphin and whale deaths, look at all the earthquakes and volcanoes, listen to all the weird noises in the atmosphere that are being reported, look at the record amount of UFO sightings, i'm sure there are a lot of things i'm forgetting but you get the point.

I think everything is coming to a head and I am hoping that it is the old system in it's death throes, and we are on our way to a different paradigm in this world. Anyway's I don't think Wilcock is 100% right on everything, but I think he is on the right track and at least has a positive attitude to how he approaches this subject. I guess we will see shortly how this grand drama is going to play out! Peace!

More accurately, the Internet is maturing and information is shared more easily. The sky is not falling, instead you're experiencing information overload, or data asphyxiation, from too much Internet use and time spent on ATS. These things you mention happen regularly (with the exception of the banking crisis), but now you can read about them on a minute-to-minute basis. For example, here's a really bad year that our ancestors survived (1927): stevengoddard.wordpress.com...

I completely agree with what you say. I think a lot of people are allowing themselves to be led by this artificial feeling of 'too much happening' without relating it to the information overload technology has brought upon, making them easy targets for these 'merchants of enlightenment', the ones who always seem too keen on taking people’s money and ‘donations’ for their cause. I’ll never forget when I found out about the Venus project, how they were asking for money to build a ‘theme park’ to ‘educate the masses’ on their new ‘resource-based’ economical system. I mean, really?? A theme park?? What about using that money to help build houses for the refugees in Africa or maybe, just maybe, feed the hungry kids in Mumbai? I reckon that would have a much more immediate, quantifiable effect than building a theme park based on some crackpot system that for all intents and purposes will not be possible to establish for at least decades.

The way I see it, the world is just as it has been 40, 50, 100 years ago, people have the same providential struggles and needs and problems; that will simply never change. The world has always been in a state of perpetual unrest, one way or another; we just learn the details quicker and more comprehensibly today. In the last 100 years we've been on the verge of apparent annihilation more times than we can recount, yet here we are, nothing actually happened. I reckon it will be the same for the next 100 years, as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Some years ago David Wilcock had some credibility in hiself, but latetly he talk more about nonense. It seems how more conferences he is doing how more nonense he tell.

This goes the same for Steven Greer, which i liked alot in the past, but last years, he he talked also like David. He talked about channeling with UFO and other stuff.

I am an believer, but there need to be common sense to their talkings. If David or Steven Greer starts talking how they met an UFO or can make contact with it, ill skip to the next chapter.

To bad their ruining their own reputation.

Steven Greer had alot of credibility, but smacked himself with the UFO contact nonsense and the energy device he was working on with some scientists.

I hope there or some good ppl left which care about truth, instead of telling crap.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join