It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Talk about David Wilcock's 2012 Claims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I don't mean follow the MSM media for the purpose of being informed. I simply mean do nothing but follow it for a week without checking in on ATS or any other similar sites, and you'll forget all about the constant doom-peddling.

You'll probably focus on your kids soccer team or what's hot in the theaters, but you won't be worrying about CMEs knocking out the grid, Fukishima radiation trash islands, etc. Not saying its better or worse, just that this whole concept of a global awakening is cuh-rap.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
reply to post by Realtruth

I don't mean follow the MSM media for the purpose of being informed. I simply mean do nothing but follow it for a week without checking in on ATS or any other similar sites, and you'll forget all about the constant doom-peddling.

I know what your saying.

I don't really buy into the doom and gloom, but I have to say something is transpiring. Even the most conservative people I know, which is rural Michigan farmers have been making interesting comments and observations lately.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I know what your saying.

I don't really buy into the doom and gloom, but I have to say something is transpiring. Even the most conservative people I know, which is rural Michigan farmers have been making interesting comments and observations lately.

I know what you are saying about the changes in rural Michigan farmers. I was in a butcher shop full of them a couple weeks ago and we were having some very different conversations from the norm for us. It is as if some people are starting to look past the little things in life.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

Not saying its better or worse, just that this whole concept of a global awakening is cuh-rap.

Depends on what you mean by "global" but for a fact people who only I know, by the cartloads, discussed the color of butter are now talking about 2012, aliens, UFOs and all kinds of cuh-rap.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It's a $20 book, either you want to read it and buy it or not whats the big deal? You can't nitpick details that are wrong because it takes away from the rest of the book. What if he is on target with, I'd be generous and say 70% of his writings because the last time I checked this isn't a perfect world. Would you feel like a dolt for doubting. It's not just him saying these things it is a spreading notion. So wish for a better world, or belittle the current one and continue on a path of destruction. I don't know about everybody else but I'd rather live in a type of utopia. You can't smear the man for selling a book either the last time I checked books arn't free and he has to have some type viable income. Now I've read the book and it's not bad like I said it isn't perfect and its all others research that he compiled together into a book. Some of it could ring true, and some of it could be complete bs thats for the reader to decide. So buy it or not don't whine about it if you've never even picked up the book. You can find it for free online some places if your really gonna cry about chump change people.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
It's a $20 book, either you want to read it and buy it or not whats the big deal? You can't nitpick details that are wrong because it takes away from the rest of the book. What if he is on target with, I'd be generous and say 70% of his writings because the last time I checked this isn't a perfect world. Would you feel like a dolt for doubting. It's not just him saying these things it is a spreading notion. So wish for a better world, or belittle the current one and continue on a path of destruction. I don't know about everybody else but I'd rather live in a type of utopia. You can't smear the man for selling a book either the last time I checked books arn't free and he has to have some type viable income. Now I've read the book and it's not bad like I said it isn't perfect and its all others research that he compiled together into a book. Some of it could ring true, and some of it could be complete bs thats for the reader to decide. So buy it or not don't whine about it if you've never even picked up the book. You can find it for free online some places if your really gonna cry about chump change people.

Just the man I am looking for. Send me a few dozen chumps would ya' pal?

U2U coming with postal address.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Tatlung because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tatlung

Why do I get the idea that you're trolling?

I've seen a lot of anti-Wilcock behavior as of late on this site. Hmm. Wonder if it's a band of unruly bridge-dwelling trolls that are trying to derail anything related to Wilcock.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tatlung

I'm not here to please you.

Probably The Exopolitician under another account, eh?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tatlung

Look I want to see something that changes the history books in my lifetime and if all this does happen that could be it. I'd rather hope for something then hope for nothing.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tatlung

False. There is waaaaaaaay too much highly credible research that supports that Dec 21, 2012 specifically is a target date for change.

Actually none of it is very credible at all. Those that promote 2012 are a very incestuous crowd. When one makes a claim in one of their books you can expect it to appear in everyone else's books. Although the claim may now be attributed to someone else, such as a Mayan elder. Of course, in all of this cross-pollination of ideas none of the authors have actually checked the veracity of the claim. Whether this is done intentionally or not I can't say. The truth is though that many of these claims are outright lies. As I mentioned previously no one has even provided an example of the Long Count ending after the 13th baktun, which is a central claim to all of these 2012 theories. Even Terrence McKenna didn't land on the December 21, 2012 date until years after the GMT correlation was created in 1984.

If any of these predictions were actually separate from the claims regarding the Maya we should have at least seen one December 21, 2012 prediction before 1984. This is not the case. Each of these authors have chosen 2012 as a significant date because of the Maya and yet the start of the 14th baktun is no more significant than the start of the 13th, or the 12th, or the 11th, etc. These 2012 claims are now the most ridiculous game of telephone the world has ever seen. Somebody somewhere made a comment years ago about the Long Count ending on December 21, 2012 without backing that claim up and now we see new "theories" springing up every day more ridiculous than the last and it's all because of some false information someone published almost 30 years ago.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Swills

And that's supposed to make everything better? He's still making a living telling lies. If anything his positive message is worse because it preys on the hopeful and optimistic. So when the 2012 passes those who spent money on books and videos regarding doomsday will feel silly. Those who spent money on books and videos talking about ascension will feel crushed and beaten. In other words Wilcock's positive message will eventually make the world a worse place.

The truth of the matter is the only reason anyone places any kind of significance on 2012 is because of the Maya. There are no claims regarding 2012 that predate 1984 which is when the GMT correlation was created. Yet there is not a single Mayan prophecy associated with 2012. Nobody has even been able to provide me with an example of the Long Count ending after the 13th baktun. So anyone that claims something is going to happen in 2012 are merely piggy backing on false claims made by New Age authors in the 80s. That is the most accurate way to describe the 2012 phenomenon.

You make it sound like people who are hopeful and optimistic is a bad thing. Does Wilcock make money off his lectures, books, DVDs, etc? Yes. Does he make grandiose claims involving alien disclosure, Illuminati, 2012, etc? Yes. I guess if you buy his book or attend his lectures you are hopelessly duped by con man? Or are you curious what the hub bub is about and spend a few bucks you would otherwise spend on something anyway. You make it sound like he has a zombie army of die hard followers who and that he is continuing his reign of terror!

Give people a break. Not everyone is a hopeless and optimistic moron. Either way, I like his positive message he continues to spread, and if he wants to make a few bucks while doing it go ahead, this is the world we create, you know, the world run by the almighty dollar dollar bill yo

edit on 26-2-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

But that type of thinking is one of the dangers associated with 2012. People are banking on some cosmic event occurring sometime this year that will fix everything and as a result they become lethargic and apathetic. Instead of wasting all their time reading about 2012 and talking about it the should be out in the world trying to enact the change they want. Nothing's going to happen just by sitting around. People need to go out and act.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You know what the biggest thing about David Wilcock is that just out right pisses me off?
...they put him on History Channels, Ancient Aliens! What a mockery of a perfectly asum program! Doesn't matter how many great credible people they put on that show, once you invite Wiltard, all credibility is tossed out the window.

On a side note, I wonder how many times he banged Kerry Cassidy (possibly Bill Ryan too) for the PR? Oooooo burn.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Do you know how many times I have been called a shill based on my research into 2012? Let me tell you it's a lot. Even though I have provided citations for my research so anyone can go an check my claims people would rather dismiss them out of hand and attack the messenger. Do you know why they do this? It's because they have bought so much into this 2012 hype that they cannot except any other view of reality. In other words they are true believers. No different from the evangelical or extremist Muslim. To them their view is right and everyone who believes differently is the enemy. Now this may not be the majority of 2012 believers it is certainly the loudest contingent. As a result this is the only contingent I can base my views of 2012 believers on. These are the people who are going to be crushed when 2012 passes. Now I can't say whether Wilcock is intentionally lying but it's either that or hes too lazy to check even the most basic of facts. In the end his positive theories are just as bad and dangerous as those promising doomsday.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Tatlung

I'm not here to please you.

No problem I already have cheep whores for that.

Probably The Exopolitician under another account, eh?

Probably Maria McFukknuggets under a different hairdo, eh?
edit on 26-2-2012 by Tatlung because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
You know what the biggest thing about David Wilcock is that just out right pisses me off?
...they put him on History Channels, Ancient Aliens! What a mockery of a perfectly asum program! Doesn't matter how many great credible people they put on that show, once you invite Wiltard, all credibility is tossed out the window.

On a side note, I wonder how many times he banged Kerry Cassidy (possibly Bill Ryan too) for the PR? Oooooo burn.

Egads.

Just the thought makes me projectile vomit.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
reply to post by Tatlung

Look I want to see something that changes the history books in my lifetime and if all this does happen that could be it. I'd rather hope for something then hope for nothing.

Where were you when Sosa and McGuire juiced their way past The Babe?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Well you certainly can't sit inside and pray for some comsic event to make everything better. You have to help spread the knowledge through the community on the right way to live. The only surefire way to help bring about a better world is to act on it yourself as well. I'm even considering pursuing politics to help spread the word and bring a real change to the people around me.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tatlung

I was around not a big baseball fan though, rather watch hockey being a player myself takes much more skill and you don't sit on the bench for 30 mins at a time

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join