It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It finally happened, Paul got his first billionaire donator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
S.F. billionaire quietly funds Ron Paul super PAC

Ron Paul revels in the fact that he is the presidential candidate of America's small donors, receiving more contributions under $200 than any other Republican seeking the White House in 2012.

Who is this mystery man who has donated $2.6 million to Endorse Liberty, the pro-Paul super PAC that has produced several viral videos and sponsored sharp attack ads against Santorum, Gingrich and Texas Gov. Rick Perry?

It may be nice to be the one with the most individual donations, but $2.6 million is a lot of small donations!

What I'm worried about is whether this will help or hurt Paul's image as the guy for everyday normal people? I think Paul supporters tend to be more ideal about their candidate and this does go a bit against the ideal.

Peter Thiel is a gay conservative(not the kind that awkwardly came out of the closet
) who has libertarian views, and has also made some statements about women...like that fact he wished they weren't allowed to vote. Ouch.

Any thoughts on how it will effect Paul's campaign?
edit on 26-2-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There is another thread about this...
Few hundred posts.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It is certainly not Donald Trump

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Well, the title certainly wasn't search friendly.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

It's not going to hurt him. It shouldn't hurt him. His supporters know (or should know) that Ron doesn't compromise his beliefs no matter how much money is waved in front of his nose. The other guys are getting millions of dollars donated to them which gives them more exposure. Ron needs large donors, but he also has the small donors. The millionaires or billionaires who donate to his cause should know they're not going to get more out of him than he promises the rest of us. If they don't know that, they are misplacing their dollars and should be buying the other guys. It's my belief that these billionaires either believe in liberty for all as it was meant to be under our Constitution, or they are delusional enough to believe that their money is going to win them any political favors once Paul is elected.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's a shame it takes a billionaire to assure a candidates success, regardless of the person. But yea, it seems to play the game and compete, you gotta have big money.
But hey, in Paul's case I hope it gets him more exposure to keep up with all the other funded fiascos.

spec

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
He's sure going to need that money when he takes on Obama

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Peter Thiel is a gay conservative(not the kind that awkwardly came out of the closet )

Who cares how he came out of the closet? Who cares that a billionaire endorses Ron Paul? He should win, but he never will.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Well, the title certainly wasn't search friendly.

The search engine for the site isnt all that good anyways.
edit on 26-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
He's sure going to need that money when he takes on Obama

Right. So it really doesn't matter who it comes from. Everybody has skeletons in their closet.

You can't get elected POTUS without serious serious funding... unfortunate but true.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thiel is a Bilderberg, on the 'steering commitee' of the Bilderberg group. I have been discovering much, only recently, about the Satanic (literally) foundations of 'Libertarianism', "do what thou wilt" and the Austrian school of economics.
www.google.com... m=12&gs_upl=6219l18297l0l20328l39l36l1l21l21l0l359l2953l2-7.3l10l0

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
What I would like to know is would R. Paul prosecute noted war criminals and bank criminals when he gets elected or would he like Obama did and give them a pass?
Does anyone know the answer to that? Has anybody ever asked him that?
brice

new topics

top topics

join