It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Announces the 2012 Launch of African Americans for Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

We need to all be "Americans" and quit the segregating terms African-American, Hispanic-Americans and whatever race or religion you want to showcase. I really hate the term "politically incorrect", but in this case these labels are so divisive. I wish people would just quit using them altogether.

If Ron Paul had a "Whites for Ron Paul" people would be thinking KKK.

If the President wants to be unbiased perhaps he should implement a "Whites for Barack Obama" and might as well throw in the kitchen sink with every other race and religion, too.

I think he threw down the race card and I bet the MSM is quite alright with it.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This annoys me. He definitely played the race card. Which if it gets you votes, good for you. However, I bet it lost him votes too. IMO African Americans further segregate themselves by having groups like these. Why couldn't they start the same support group for Obama but with a different name. They are segregated themselves but not allowing others into the group. With I completely understand had been done to them for years, but that is not working towards equality.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What makes it laughable is that he's only half black nor did he have to endure any of the African American struggles himself.

What a desperate plead to remain in office. "Hey, at least we look alike!"

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Already posted www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Obama is the one that demanded provisions in the NDAA to strip away all American rights. Then wants to compare himself to Martin Luther King? He is proving he will stoop to anything. There is nothing he won't do. There is nothing he won't say. Totally unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Im sorry but did'nt Obama claim that he wanted to "unite America" not divide it? That's what he said in an interview atleast.
LINK

Text“What the American people are going to be interested in is not these kind of rhetorical flourishes. What they’re going to be interested in is, who actually has a plan that makes my life better? The American people are going to make a judgment on who’s going to bring the country together and who’s dividing it? Who reflects the core values that helped create this country…and who is tapping in to some of our worst instincts.”

How can he claim to be wanting to unite the country when he is constantly dividing it among race and class lines? Obama is a liar and a hypocrite and the only thing he is worried about uniting himself and the rest of the elitist puppetmasters with is our hard earned money.

Like my dad always said~ It's easy to tell when a politician is lying because their lips are moving.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Sorry guys, this topic has already been posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

moderators please close this thread
I really did search

edit on 2/26/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Non-African AMerican's can design campaigns to appeal to the African American demographic but Obama can't because he's African American? That's BS, you need to find something else better to do with your time.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Gee , I Wonder what Obama's Caucasian Mother would Think of That ? .Hmm........

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Probably how I feel. Somebody threw a party and I wasn't invited.

I dunno, maybe she is very proud of her son. Mother's love usually runs deep.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

It's Evident to me that Obama tries To Hard to Relate to the Afro American Side of him while at the same time Alienating himself from the Duality of his Cultural Heritage . Such narrowmindedness will eventually lead to his Political Downfall IMO.......

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is "sort of" a hoax. What's happened is that someone took ONE section of his website and decided to see who would fall for the idea that Obama's a racist. Their tactic was to announce this and stampede the folks who won't check things for themselves.

The TRUTH is that Obama has a LOT of "this group for Obama" groups on his website.

We also have
Jewish Americans for Obama

Women for Obama

Young Americans for Obama

And Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders for Barack Obama
Hispanics for Barack Obama
Latinos for Barack Obama
LGBT for Barack Obama
People of Faith for Barack Obama
Military & Families for Barack Obama

Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Hardly racist. But the guy who promoted this hoax on you guys IS racist and would love you to run shrieking about the racist President (and not actually go out and check the facts.)

But don't take my word for it -- I encourage you to GO TO HIS WEBSITE AND LOOK UNDER 'GROUPS'.

Any link up there'll do ya. The 'groups' tab is the 4th tab from the left.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Gee , I Wonder what Obama's Caucasian Mother would Think of That ? .Hmm........

She'd probably go to his website and see the women for Obama link and all the other 'for Obama' links and bumper stickers. Being an intelligent woman, she'd probably call "hoax."

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Agreed and thanks

closing

top topics

join