It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Re: OBL's corpse

Body is Dover bound, should be here by now.

On 5/2/2011 6:35 AM, George Friedman wrote:

Eichmann was seen alive for many months on trial before being sentenced
to death and executed. No one wanted a monument to him so they cremated
him. But i dont know anyone who claimed he wasnt eicjhman. No comparison
with suddenly burying him at sea without any chance to view him which i
doubt happened.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sender: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 06:26:07 -0500 (CDT)
To:
ReplyTo: Analyst List
Subject: OBL's corpse
If body dumped at sea, which I doubt, the touch is very Adolph Eichman
like. The Tribe did the same thing with the Nazi's ashes.

We would want to photograph, DNA, fingerprint, etc.

His body is a crime scene and I don't see the FBI nor DOJ letting that
happen.

http://__._/gifiles/releasedate/2012-02-29-18-obl-s-body-transfered-to-delaware-with-cia.html

[alpha] Body bound for Dover, DE on CIA plane

Than onward to the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Bethesda.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

http://__._/gifiles/docs/1102718_-alpha-body-bound-for-dover-de-on-cia-plane-.html

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maponos

This one is quite interesting, Re: Assange is off the hook... I only post a small section which interests me

Sounds like "fraud" to me, it sincerely sounds like these e-mails are one of Mr. WikiLeaks famous ego trips.

The man *is* a D*ckhead of course, no question about it. And his ego, is way bigger than his IQ. But sincerely, I doubt anyone would spend so much time talking about his "endeveurs" inside the intelligence community.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Getting a pretty poor impression of Stratfor's IT tbh

PGP encryption too expensive at 40k

They also seem to use AVG anti virus, which is a great product but not exactly the best, rather its the cheapest. Wonder if they started with the free version. No wonder they got so badly taken to pieces tbh

Wonder how many Stratofr agents/sources have been killed. Think the big boy games are best left to the big boys not a bunch of amateurs.

In the company I work for EVERYONE has PGP, it was a requirement for their ISO9001 or something like that, there is also Symantec Endpoint protection and firewall and malware detection at corporate level. Plus there is a black list employed (high risk site like games/poker are blocked) and in other depts a white list. PS I work for a business nothing to do with intelligence
edit on 1-3-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by arbiture

So part of your task at hand here on ATS is not ultruistic.then...OMG......you mean that you are here monitoring trends for you own personal gains then....your here for business purposes...weeding out what is being said about stratfor and how it might affect your business in the future.....feeling out the responses so that you too can be prepare for the baklash if and when you might possibly get hacked again yourself.
Oh please.....can you jonestly tell me in the world of corporate espianage that you would not use such tactic to further advance your business market....or use information to further the goals of your clients...like reading all these hack emails and seeing if any of them apply to the clientele that your company has established.
I bet your sniffing through the emails yourself like a little rat in a warren trying to eek out any bits of data which might help you to head off say a merger...or a sour business deal that may affect one or several of your clients.
Please do not play the bleeding heart here as it will not wash.....the question is not the ethics behind the emails right now...it is the content....and from what many have read about the internal workings of this company....it should be against the law for them to exist....at the end of the day it is spying.....and no matter what we all know we are more and more spied on everyday is this world....and it really is disgusting.
people spy because theya re paranoid about their own self delusional paranoia ...they are so hung up on their self importance and the fact that they themselves are most likely doing something dirty they need to hire a third party company such as yours to delve into other peoles business.....and if your company just looks at say marketing trends then that is a little diffferent that spying for profits......I mean really where are the ethics when a company is trying to further the greed of a murdurous company such as DOW chemicals.
hope you sleep with a clear conscience.

I sleep fine considering what I do and why. So what did you learn from the stolen emails that should be against the Law? Can't really report this to law enforcement because they would have to admit THEY broke the law to get them. So please, enlighten me. By the way I don't look at emails not sent to me. As for "delusional paranoia..." You get hacked and then threatened if reported to law enforcement THEN you may know what your talking about. Knowing this kind of raw privacy violation is pandemic makes me cautious. No more "paranoid" then locking the door when I go out. Many would say thats just plain stupid and they deserve to get someone going into their house if they don't lock the door. (they don't but look under "common sense")Odd. You mention how everybody spies on everyone (not actually true, unless of course your Google.)

Corporate espionage? Trawling posts to advance an agenda? And what the hell does what DOW chemical did have to do with this? You do lump everyone in with strange bed fellows. If your talking the calamity that happened in Bhopal India that was criminal. It would have helped if India had zoning laws not putting a chemical plant in a residential area. But that does not absolve DOW of shoddy safety standards which should not be based on what a government threw payoffs or stupidity lets a company get away with. They should be applied at the highest level everywhere.

By the way I use data mining that employs published and freely available data. The fact some reveal certain things openly and I can read between the lines is not a crime. I have a brain and try to use it. Incidentally I provide training in corporate counter-espionage that is geared so not to provide hints as to circumvent what I teach that is how corporate secrets and operations can be protected. Part of that is providing protocols for any released information so it won't come back and bite you in the whatever, by people not as nice as me.

Privacy is a major issue with me. I always would wonder why people do immoral or illegal things thinking they can do so and make money. Perhaps they can, but it amaze's me that there are so many appropriate and perfectly legal ways to make a living. Why be a crook? Dumb, very dumb. Ethics aside, which they never should be in what one person or company does.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Well i guess it is a good thing paranoia does not enter the realm of my being....Good thing i have nothing to hide....I don't use encryption...Though i am quite capable.....And i do always leave my car doors and my house unlocked......IS it stupidity...not sure....but when i first moved to England....i had my dar broken into four times in about 3 month period....so now i just leave them open.....tired of smahed windows....and you'll never guess....I have not been broken into once since then....I find it strange....also any info i have or hold is an open book...I don't live in fear....and it suits me fine.....Something i do,do is questionable to say the least but if someone what to look they can....I was born a free soul in this world and i choose not to be own by governing laws of any country I condisr myself a citizen of the world....beholden to no country.....the only laws that aplly to me are the ones that govern my creation as an entity on this world.

I know it may sound like fantasy but it works for me.....now all people who are out there to just make money off the backs of people because they have been taught this is what a success in life is have been brainwashed...people who dutifully go out and pay taxes to governments have been brainwashed.....people whom abide by laws of any given country have been brainwashed.....As people are born with a inherent sense of morality.....We are taught by our governments to kill...we are taught by our govrnments to hate....we are taught tthrough fear to distrust.....and there in lays the dilemna.....If people all trusted and had nothing to hide then why should it bother anyone what anyone writes in an email.....It only bothers those who have something to hide.....When people talk about privacy.....I say what privacy....imean there does not seem to be much dirt in the emails so far...but what is there is a constant case of monitoring others.....so they don't want people to know whom or what they monitor.....have they no morals.....apparently not....and if you are someone who moniters what i eat per say so that you could sell me a food product that you make.....well thankfully i have a choice.

As for being hack......lol....i ahve been hacked....and i hope they enjoyed all the reading....I have also been arrested under the Anti terrorism act.....my house invaded....and my life tipped upside down.....and all this based on the word of someother nosey individual whom got it all wrong....just because i don't have the fear to tell it ilike i see it.

Now the point is this.....these people are spying....and they got spied on themselves.....and someone for money or self gratification decided to put it out there for all to see....well so far not much to see but i am going to continue looking because people can be evil....and if these people are evil then it is found out then that is one more bit of scum removed from service.....Is it correct that they got hacked.....I say no.....but if they have nothing to hide they why worry.....As for maybe some of their assets will be killed....well ...ask yourself why the assets are so willing to rat out on situation....MONEY,GREED, and SELF IMPORTANCE.

you see when these companies supply others with intel...a great many times the intel is wrong or taken out of context...and believe me....it destroys lives....but do these companies care or have a moral obligation to make sure it is all clear before they act on any given info....Nope...give me the money and i am happy....anyways...be happy in what you do.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
From __._

On Monday February 27th, 2012, WikiLeaks began publishing The Global Intelligence Files, over five million e-mails from the Texas headquartered "global intelligence" company Stratfor. The e-mails date between July 2004 and late December 2011. They reveal the inner workings of a company that fronts as an intelligence publisher, but provides confidential intelligence services to large corporations, such as Bhopal’s Dow Chemical Co., Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and government agencies, including the US Department of Homeland Security, the US Marines and the US Defence Intelligence Agency. The emails show Stratfor’s web of informers, pay-off structure, payment laundering techniques and psychological methods.

I am not willing to open, let alone pursue an investigation of those emails but am curious if you or anyone has notice anything related to "Alex Jones" or one of his programs, i.e. InfoWars or Prison Planet. I doubt it but another member has posted some trash about Alex Jones and it would seem some evidence would appear in those email lists.

Do you know?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

I think I have read almost everything up until today and so far I have not come across one email about him although his name did come up in one in which he and Glenn Beck were called "crackpots" or something to that effect.

No evidence that he was an agent.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Sean, just to be clear Your point is that Anonymous hasn't mattered? Is your argument that hackers haven't mattered either? because if Anonymous is a mob of hackers as you argue, how haven't they mattered to their targets? what about all the money spent fighting them? and as Tristan just pointed out - how about HBGary Federal? He said the CEO's SSN and address were posted on Twitter. What about all the sensitive emails that were lost? We have no way of knowing what was in those emails, or how they are being used to make money at the expense of HBGary. I have always agreed that they haven't reached a level of threat to the US, but that surely doesn't mean they won't. And there are quite a few countries, organizations, and people below that rather high standard who could not withstand an attack, including an email purge of personal emails onto the web.

ha!

http://__._/gifiles/docs/877901_re-ct-discussion-anonymous-vs-cartels-.html

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Just got this on Twitter
www.whistleblower.org...

Talk about double face or what

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Anything new been published? Any timetable as to when?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Just go to the site. New stuff released every day.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by moixa

Im just wondering when the anon annoucenment is due?

I thought they were going to make a huge statement last week but I haven't heard anything??

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I see the users who posted the anon properganda still haven't posted that they were spreading false info

Anyone got any ideas as to why anon gave wikileaks the emails?
or shall we just ignore that?
Anyone going to question any of the emails after anon released a fake resignation?

Users of this site seem to be unable to not turn in to screaming school girls when a boy band they like come to town over anything anon release is amusing but also sad.

reply to post by MemoryShock

reply to post by boncho

reply to post by TheGuyFawkes

reply to post by brill

reply to post by amongus

Even posting the same lies after they have been proven to be lies
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

reply to post by miniatus

Woot first mention of faked resgination, ignored by most as expected
reply to post by Soshh

Then we have posters posting the same "Anon say they have something big and will releases it soon" markerting campaign in 80% of what they post.

A typical anon
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

The similarities between anon and the people they supposedly fight against are growing all the time.
edit on 4-3-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

One read of the fake released resignation told me that it was fake due to the mistakes in the text. Someone releasing such an email would use autocorrect, lol. They would definitely proof read at the very least, so yup, one read and you just knew it wasn't real.

I have been looking out for any anon news (with one eyebrow slightly raised opposed to school girl hysteria) because I was very much hoping it would have something to do with Lord Blackheath. Certainly I would like some answers and for it not to be swept away. If anon are the ones who can bring it into the light then I'm happy with that.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
The more i read and the less i find - Is starting to make me wonder about the sacraficial lamb for goverment internet domination.

Perhaps CIA finds crappy agents and employees, sets up a failure of a "inteligence agency" only to hack it themselves take out wikileaks indirectly with insanly restrictive internet bils.

Tin foils hats on people, this is gunna get all "9 eleveny" soon

I thought about it that way too. Especially when part of the pie is to be divided to a private intelligence/security analysts. Its more so a slap to the existing agencies. What better way then to set them up and take them out. Use the failure and justify the budget cuts funding the private sector corp.

edit on 5-3-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37   >>

join