It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This one is quite interesting, Re: Assange is off the hook... I only post a small section which interests me

http://__._/gifiles/docs/1050427_re-assange-is-off-the-hook-.html

"BTW, close family friend in Sweden who knows the girl that is pressing
charges tells me that there is absolutely nothing behind it other than
prosecutors that are looking to make a name for themselves. My friend
speaks rather disparagingly about the girl who is claiming molestation.
I also think the whole rape thing is incorrect for if I remember
correctly rape was never the charge."

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

i just downloaded the lastest torrent but it only contains the emails that i have read upto this point. It would be good if they could just reased the lot for download and publish as quick as they could...as it makes it seem there is an alterior motive.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Back in the day, we would have been planning his (and Chavez's) helicopter 'accident,'” wrote VP Fred Burton, a former deputy chief of the State Department's counter terrorism division, in an email regarding Bolivian President Evo Morales.

In the same email thread regarding a State Department source's “take on [Bolivian President Evo] Morales,” Stratfor operative Korena Zucha calls Morales a “4th grade educated, narco-trafficking, murderous thug” whose actions are protected by the “left-leaning MSM [Mainstream] media.”

Stratfor's Middle East analyst Bayless Parsley, in an email chat exchange with the company's Director of Analysis, suggests that she is having sex in exchange for information and jokingly stated she should be thankful she wasn't sent to Africa because the “risk of AIDS is too high.”

upsidedownworld.org... -venezuela-in-past-years

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Not that I shouldn't be serious but you think that what the big name hackers are doing now would be kinda like a 30 years more advanced from now Oceans Eleven style film, only with 30 years more inflated numbers ofc

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

It takes a bit of time to forge emails.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maponos
They could, if they still had them..... from a blog

"The sheer amount of destruction we wreaked on Statfor’s servers is the digital equivalent of a nuclear bomb: leveling their systems in such a way that they will never be able to recover. We rooted box after box on their intranet: dumping their mysql databases, stealing their private ssh keys, and copying hundreds of employee mail spools. For weeks we used and abused their customer credit card information (which was all stored in cleartext in their mysql databases), eventually dumping all 75,000 credit cards and 860,000 md5-hashed passwords of their “private client list”. And if dumping everything on their employees and clients wasn’t enough to guarantee their bankruptcy, we laid waste to their webserver, their mail server, their development server, their clearspace and srm intranet portal and backup archives in such a way that ensures they won’t be coming back online anytime soon."

I had an expensive computer system some years ago, with some custom software that was not trivial to set up and integrate, and my rig was destroyed by a virus. It cost me so much money and time to have all things in place, and some mofo took it away from me. And now same happened to Stratfor. They are proud of causing damage to what took a lot of effort and money to build. They suck. But karma's a b!tch, you know. One day they'll sample their own drug.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

These five (currently George Friedman, Meredith Friedman, Fred Burton, Scott Stewart and Peter Zeihan) constitute the Intelligence Council that oversees the strategic direction of the Intelligence Group). Others may be included in the group permanently or on an ad hoc basis at the discretion of the Chief Intelligence Officer. The purpose of the Intelligence Council is to advise the Chief Intelligence Officer and to implement his decisions

These are some good names to look for if you decide to take a "scanning" approach on the leak list, if they actually post them all

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

I'd like every AOR to look at the leaks from their area. Look for two
things. First, is there anything significantly embarrassing to anyone.
Second, is there any place where Stratfor is shown to be compeltely off
base?

^from email ID:1029268 LOLOL

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Isn´t it possible that Stratfor released that resignation e-mail them self, just to fool Annon. Then Stratfor could use that fake resignation letter as an argument that the leaked e-mails also could be fake. Feels too stupid to fake a letter that will show to be fake in the next days. Only Stratfor wins on the fake resignation letter...
edit on 29-2-2012 by Hachi85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hachi85

NEW: Hmm, could this be another STRATFOR mail, from today? CEO George Friedman announces his resignation: http:///w0uQ1XX1 #GIFiles

twitter.com...#!/youranonnews

And a daily KOS link are the sources in this thread for that info, would like to see the first appearance of that email in the wild. The resignation email seems like a nice piece to get the sheep rallying, posts in this thread after that info was posted show the result nicely.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I've downloaded a lot of these PDF brochures that the Wikileaks document dump includes. A LOT of it is basically presentations, trying to sell the latest "end to end" data scanning to spy on all internet communications.

It's these kinds of "self fulfilling police state" solutions, that once they become a major source of revenue -- will never die, and will REQUIRE a never-ending supply of "bad guys" to catch and incarcerate. Like the computer software virus companies, who pay "consultants" headhunter fees to catch viruses -- the bulk of viruses end up being created by the consultants. As long as the AV company gets the Virus profile first -- they don't ask questions.

Kind of like the "acquisition" of terrorists in Afghanistan -- it was merely a profit making venture for the "northern Alliance" -- and the rounded up everybody who looked at them sideways, and also grabbed taxi drivers and goat herders off the streets. A LOT of these people ended up being slowly cooked to death in steel drums... but I digress.

>> As soon as it becomes a Major economy, to analyze and store all information by the public -- such that there is no privacy -- the economics will create the same feedback loop of an overactive immune system with no diseases present,... it will keep FINDING things to react to, because it is designed to react. If no Big Terrorist cell is found, then the next "Reaction" will be to people angry at the spying, or activists, or people they don't like. Suspicious activity eventually becomes anything that works against the interests of the security economy. Fighting back and resistance is inevitable... such a resistance doesn't exist without the security state.

>> And once this system gets going -- who is in oversight? Who makes sure enforcement isn't arbitrary? There is no recourse because the NDAA, Patriot Act, and a few other recent rules provides no requirement for evidence, charges, or due process. The system is DESIGNED TO BE ABUSED.

Wether all these groups are colluding or not at the outset for a police state is unimportant -- you create a corporate infrastructure like this, with no checks and balances,... it is going to get abused -- and it's obvious to me that's been the intention all along.

>> Crony hires at Homeland Security, guaranteed that Homeland security would never function to catch bad guys -- the #1 job of HS is to justify its existence, and to make sure that it's supremacy is not challenged. Therefore -- groups like WikiLeaks and Anonymous, are greater threats than alleged terror cells like Al Qaeda. In fact, it's in the best interest of the Security Business that "legitimate" terrorist cells not be totally destroyed -- as it is good for business. However, groups that advocate for peace, reductions in "security" and for transparent government are the greatest threats.

The "Poker and Prostitute" event at the Watergate hotel, involved the CIA, funds from Homeland Security, and Washington politicians -- obviously in some sort of ongoing "compromise and reward" of government officials.... we weren't allowed to know WHO was involved -- but it's very likely that the politicians who attended, can be counted on to ALWAYS vote for more funding for Homeland Security.

>>> The whole entire premise of this privatized Secret Service and 100 companies bidding to get the job of spying on the public, is as dangerous as it is nauseating -- either the people who think this is necessary are dangerously ignorant, or they want things to head South. It's going to be really tempting to take knowledge gleaned from these "security scans" and use them to benefit the companies or harm adversaries.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It often amazes me how designed our world is to CREATE problems, here's one of the bullet points for the need for "Lawful Spying";

It's growing very fast because of phenomena such as terrorism, industrial espionage and insider trading

>> Terrorism is just asymmetric warfare. The exploitative economic system we have, that uses military might and assassination to exploit resources and people has created growth in terrorism. If there were a focus on REAL human rights, and putting the welfare of people above profits -- terrorists would be as rare as leprechauns.

>> Industrial espionage is a real concern, because our patent and IP system is exclusionary. Instead of giving new currency to banks to distribute, we might have a system where ALL PATENTS were freely available, and any business merely credited another company on a "wiki" set up for the purpose -- the new funds then would flow to patent holders directly from the Fed -- thus allowing for the actual growth created by the use of new technology. The mass adoption of better ideas, leads to greater efficiency, rather than uselessly re-inventing the same thing so that it can be free of IP issues, or spending vast resources defending against lawsuits.

>> Insider trading is only an issue, because Wall Street is now a system of paper-trading, rather than investment. If trading had a fee each time, and a higher cost for short-term trades, then market manipulation and timing would cease to be a profit-making venture. We also have made it legal for politicians to TRADE on their knowledge of congressional votes -- so the "insider trading" issue is arbitrarily enforced ONLY on groups not part of the network of power. I think we can quickly scan some news headlines to see the arbitrary enforcement at play.

MORE AND MORE, the need for these security companies is real -- because average people like people on ATS are getting fed up with the lies and spying. WE are sick of the economic vultures, devaluing of labor, and massive corruption at the top. The reason that rich people in Mexico have bullet proof cars, body guards with Uzi's, and security on their kids 24/7, is because they abuse and exploit their people, and the rich families control everything.

When the future jobs are; Mercenary, Security Expert, or Burger Flipper,.. the unemployment line becomes "terrorist suspect" -- and for good reason. This security economy makes anyone not supporting it, a built in justification and future target.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maponos

The supposed "rapes" took place on 2 different nights.

The first girl was so distraught she called a friend and introduced her to him.

Whether you agree with Wikileaks or not, this is nonsense.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

ALSO,
One of the girls was so traumatised she went out the next morning bought him breakfast, and returned to meet him to eat it together.

RAPE? what a load of BS

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I've been reading the newer stuff that's been released, a lot of it is aussie focused, there is one email where the source boasts he's a campaign manager for the LNP treasures seat, and this source continually pops up, I have a right feeling to gather up these source emails and send em to the news papers and see if they get printed

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The gi files section is now down for me. No error, just a blank page and no content. Links to docs posted here in the last few pages no longer work.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Site back up again. Maybe they added some more, I sure hope so.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Nope haven't added more, if this is the rate they are going to drop info I consider it very slack, almost theatrical!!!
Second line

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
well i can say i have read them all so far.....and i have not seen anything of great interest....t
I would like to know when they will start realising more.....because so far it seems like a bunch of amateurish people trying to become something they are not...a private intel agency.....

Thanks
great to know... I kinda figures they would be good for a few stories to make some interesting threads... but no real meat. I am sure when someone finds some ATS will get it out fast

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

yep....by the time they all get released i will have to agree with another poster....118yrs later that real corker was found and i was 100yrs to late to actually see the face of the individual that really got nailed by that one email that showed how the world is a stage and the play is set in stone and none of us really had a choice in our lives....what a shame....to find out it is all pre destined.....well i guess i better go eat my burger from mac donalds...drink my coffee from starbucks.....enjoy my coca cola.....and the go wash my hair by a shampoo from dow chemicals......life is good...

edit on 023131p://f31Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join