It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maponos
A very very interesting analysis of wikileaks connections to mossad suggesting stratfor was done to help the israeli equivilent DEBKA. This should feed your conspiracy needs. I should point out that I dont actually agree with a single word which is printed here but it is a legitimate opinion so worth posting, if any of you feel it deserves a thread feel free.

My personal opinion is that this is attempt to undermine the revelations about to come!

www.veteranstoday.com...

Gordon Duff is a Marine Vietnam veteran, a combat infantryman, and Senior Editor at Veterans Today. His career has included extensive experience in international banking along with such diverse areas as consulting on counter insurgency, defense technologies or acting as diplomatic officer of UN humanitarian groups.

And you believe government shills? Good luck with that one.
Source of the editor for your linked propaganda.
edit on 28/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: changed to a quote for readability

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamer01
What do you all make of this:

Others focused on speculation about the health of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and who was behind a suspected campaign of sabotage against Iran's nuclear program.

Are they saying Chavez sabotaged Iran? I thought they were close pals? Or am I reading this wrong.

Source:
www.cnn.com...

I read that as them believing that there was a connection between the two instances, not that Chavez had anything to do with it. If you can divide your enemies forces they are more easily taken.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I think Maponos is saying he is sceptical about the VT story and the bloggers there seem to be of the same opinion.

To add the 29ths is up.
edit on 28-2-2012 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tatlung
You know, for "bright" people, these dumbclucks put all kinds of illegal, criminal and prosecutable crap in emails.

Unencrypted emails.

DUH

It really does not matter, most of the time the keys are uploaded to the exchange server anyways through the GAL to make encryption easier for the users. If you properly compromise the exchange server you can obtain the keys for decrypting as well. Not sure how to do that because I'm not a hacker, but I am working on my degree in computer science.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I find it interesting how the stratfor guys are like shrugging off the cable gates release, sure there was a lot of info released and the same applies to this release but there wasn't anything overly incriminating? However I do agree with the sentiment regarding some queenslanders

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
Don't make the mistake of not considering that this could be planted disinformation for the public consumption by, in particular, the conspiracy crowd.

Back in the day, planned disinformation was how it was done, and certainly with all the hacking and cracking that has been going on, a well planned and planted emails file would, well, fit the bill, would it not? The government has not lost it's ability to fight back.

Think in every direction, and in particular in this case, outside the box. This could well be designed to obfuscate and distract while something else goes on. Take it with a grain of salt and beware. Backtrack, confirm what you can, and use common sense. If it seems really *not* plausible it probably isn't.

Just a few words to the wise.

Even the glossary seems a little.. too constructed. Or, was this created by Assange for "us"?

Even when it seems too good to be true, and it hands you what you want on a golden platter, it probably is...

Just sayin...

Be cautious.

I agree with you being cautious, but I disagree with you on this being legit. I believe that the earlier "hack" on Booz Allen Hamilton was actually the false incident because they knew it would happen eventually.

So you get a kinda boy who cried wolf scenario.

I always wondered if Bush's fopa with the "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, well I cant be fooled again" was actually unintentional....

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by Quantum Logic

I am talking about the service men who lay their life on the line everyday. For peoples rights. When they hacked STRATFOR, they had access to all that information, whether innocent or guilty. And when released, it can be seen by anyone. Just like we are seeing now.

"Lay with dogs, get fleas" ~ Ancient Chinese proverb.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

The Soviets famously stole some nuclear secrets from the US, and two people went to electric chair for that. Wouldn't it be interesting if they tried to use the defense "wait, the bomb is still there, so we didn't actually steal anything".

speak for yourself, B-S,
i consider the Rosenbergs to be champions of Liberty

just imagine how terrible the world would be if to this date the US retained a monopoly on nukes

-sigh- :shk:
did you forget to back up again?
like you did last time?

edit on 28-2-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: fixed bbcode

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlanQaida
I find it interesting how the stratfor guys are like shrugging off the cable gates release, sure there was a lot of info released and the same applies to this release but there wasn't anything overly incriminating? However I do agree with the sentiment regarding some queenslanders

On the contrary, Stratford and others (USA) seem to be rip roaring mad and the US already had a secret sealed indictment against Assange. The article about this appeared online across many legit news sources. My guess is Stratfor already went through their own emails to see what damage they'd be looking at.

New Plans To Charge Assange
edit on 28-2-2012 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
They've been spoiling to lock Assange away for a long time - www.rollingstone.com...

The Australian government really need to take a stand and stop ass-licking the US PTB; demanding Assange before any further co-operation regards China and the region is what needs to happen.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject1145

You know, for "bright" people, these dumbclucks put all kinds of illegal, criminal and prosecutable crap in emails.

Unencrypted emails.

DUH

It really does not matter, most of the time the keys are uploaded to the exchange server anyways through the GAL to make encryption easier for the users. If you properly compromise the exchange server you can obtain the keys for decrypting as well. Not sure how to do that because I'm not a hacker, but I am working on my degree in computer science.

Many corporations that deal in sensitive email , including most government agencies are going to use an RSA based encryption. The keys are never stored in the corporate environment. The encryption is enabled when the user logs in and has to authenticate with a secondary key that comes off the fob. Everything else is done with certificates on behalf of the users authentication. If Stratfor was not using a system like this for most of their really sensitive inter-corporate communication, they would probably be in violation of all sorts of regulations about security that has to be in place to do business with government agencies.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

My bad, the eyes were quick but the brain was not.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelpusher

Originally posted by AlanQaida

On the contrary, Stratford and others (USA) seem to be rip roaring mad and the US already had a secret sealed indictment against Assange. The article about this appeared online across many legit news sources. My guess is Stratfor already went through their own emails to see what damage they'd be looking at.

New Plans To Charge Assange
edit on 28-2-2012 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

They could, if they still had them..... from a blog

"The sheer amount of destruction we wreaked on Statfor’s servers is the digital equivalent of a nuclear bomb: leveling their systems in such a way that they will never be able to recover. We rooted box after box on their intranet: dumping their mysql databases, stealing their private ssh keys, and copying hundreds of employee mail spools. For weeks we used and abused their customer credit card information (which was all stored in cleartext in their mysql databases), eventually dumping all 75,000 credit cards and 860,000 md5-hashed passwords of their “private client list”. And if dumping everything on their employees and clients wasn’t enough to guarantee their bankruptcy, we laid waste to their webserver, their mail server, their development server, their clearspace and srm intranet portal and backup archives in such a way that ensures they won’t be coming back online anytime soon."

sillywhabbit.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

Originally posted by subject1145

Unencrypted emails.

DUH

Many corporations that deal in sensitive email , including most government agencies are going to use an RSA based encryption. The keys are never stored in the corporate environment. The encryption is enabled when the user logs in and has to authenticate with a secondary key that comes off the fob. Everything else is done with certificates on behalf of the users authentication. If Stratfor was not using a system like this for most of their really sensitive inter-corporate communication, they would probably be in violation of all sorts of regulations about security that has to be in place to do business with government agencies.

Remember the RSA hack?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Maponos

www.stratfor.com...

Good work

So no one in this thread who was pushing the anon lie that friedman stepped down as CEO is going to post that they got had and are way to quick to belive the properganda (see above) that comes out of anons heads.

Once again I ask how do you trust these emails after the way anon have acted during this? sending fake mails out to subscribers, forging emails? Who is in the position to use this situation to its advancement? Got to love the way anon can just roll on the down with TPTB rhetoric and people go blind to any other possibility.
edit on 29-2-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-2-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Page 36... 5 million emails...

So anyone fpund anything good yet?

any UFO or ET intel in the skuttlebutt?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Page 36... 5 million emails...

So anyone fpund anything good yet?

any UFO or ET intel in the skuttlebutt?

just catching up, their website seems to be displaying the new stuff so guess the attack has stopped for now.
Occupy wall street DHS analysis. PDF document
http://__._/gifiles/docs/1497330_-alpha-occupy-wall-street-dhs-analysis-.html

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
290 emails posted in over 60 hours = 1 email every 0.206896552 hours

5,000,000*0.206896552 = 118.09 years
edit on 29-2-2012 by drgood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

well i can say i have read them all so far.....and i have not seen anything of great interest....the bhopal story is interesting but confusing a bit as to what side they are taking and to whom they are supplying the info to....also the comments on how assange should be treated....also the client lists are interesting....but for the most part it is the inter office hashing of the day to day organization of the business working....and to me....IT seems to be a business that is going through growing pains.....

I would like to know when they will start realising more.....because so far it seems like a bunch of amateurish people trying to become something they are not...a private intel agency.....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Yeah this limited release thing is just buying time for the doubters to doubt etc

A 64 gig torrent was meantioned somwhere, is theres a public acvcess to the full thing? Or are we doomed to read the little chunks wikileaks carves off

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join