WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 35
224
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Here is some irony, this is what Friedman has to say about the cablegate wilileaks dump:


>> As in any intelligence dump, I'm not interested in 99 percent of the
>> stuff. It is this 1 percent that interests me for two reasons.
>> First, it should not have resided in the same database as the other
>> stuff. Second, very few people should have clearance to both
>> databases on a need to know basis. In other words, the person with
>> access to the ISI file might have clearance to tactical combat
>> reports, but normally he would be noticed accessing them.
>>
*
edit on 28-2-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus
 


Why would anon promote a fake email? why do people belive anything that anon puts out after the amount of times they have just plain lied?

reply to post by NISMOALTI
 


When are people like the above going to post that they were duped?
edit on 28-2-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
I was following this thread when it first popped up and it was a great read with lots of info. I come back to check on updates and end up sifting through 34 pages of YES NO YES NO YES NO YES NO!

There are just over 200 emails released and less than 5 million more to go. With the 200ish emails released, it is already nearly impossible to find any real info in this thread. I cannot do it, but I strongly suggest someone create an info only thread. Yes, I'm well aware I can go read the emails myself, and I have read many. But I'm also wanting videos released, twitter updates, etc. So I suggest an info only thread so people can get a quick update on what happened while they were sleeping without having to put on their muck boots and wade through the "I'm right/you're wrong" mud.

I'm all about ATSing this stuff out, but this arguing over the same idea over and over is getting nowhere. The way this thread is going, by the time the last emails come out this thread will be a raging monster.

I don't think I'm the only one here that feels this way, either. Just a thought.


You must have missed my post somewhere in the first few pages, where I suggested this already.
(on page 3 of this thread)
edit on 28-2-2012 by Res Ipsa because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa
 


Depending on how slow they dribble out these 5 million emails, I plan to make at least one thread, like break them up into catagories if that makes sense. But the waiting is really the worse part, getting through 200 emails went quick, and just left me hanging. I think that was the plan though IMO. Release a couple, give time for discussion. Release a couple more etc etc.



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
When did people get so damn lazy?

It's 30 pages for petes sake, not War and Peace.

Read the damn thread if you are truly interested, don't ask others to condense it to fit your ADHD mind.


This is the problem today, nobody wants to put in the research time, they want a recap so they can form an uneducated opinion quickly.



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
this one is nice since he is saying he was having lunch with MR Kent

Email-ID

5417564
Date
2009-03-08 22:11:04

**for internal use only pls

I had lunch yesterday in Houston with former-Federal Judge Sam Kent (the
first Federal Judge found guilty of serious crimes in the US) and he told
me why he thinks he was prosecuted.

For those who haven't followed this, he was found guilty on perjury &
sexual misconduct. Yes, he slept with those two women, but it was
consensual. Actually, they were old affairs and long over.

What Sam said was that "isn't is strange that the Justice Department
begins sniffing around for dirt to throw at me just weeks after I ruled a
heavy case against Halliburton. Then a small set of affairs turn into an
untrue situation and then spun up into an unprecedented case against a
Federal Judge."

Of course, I told him he was nuts to rule anything against Halliburton.
I also told him that this sounds like a John Grisham plotline.
--
Lauren Goodrich
Director of Analysis
Senior Eurasia Analyst


Is this hurtful for haliburton



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem
 


Most likely someone's workstation was compromised, probably a targeted email with an attachment. Or, a malicious link that led to a compromising app. The workstation was quietly compromised, a hacker got a foothold into building. Then they got to the server, either through that machine or a better one.

Or there was a web facing vulnerability on the mail server and they got in through server vulnerabilities.

Or they social engineered their way into the building and installed a rogue appliance on the lan or compromised a machine in person. The weakest link in any network is the people.



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
When did people get so damn lazy?

It's 30 pages for petes sake, not War and Peace.

Read the damn thread if you are truly interested, don't ask others to condense it to fit your ADHD mind.


This is the problem today, nobody wants to put in the research time, they want a recap so they can form an uneducated opinion quickly.





posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well if they just posted the emails and not mumble jumble through the thread, it would be easier to research and read all 35 pages of the thread. Some of the posts is just useless banter among members.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Well if they just posted the emails and not mumble jumble through the thread, it would be easier to research and read all 35 pages of the thread. Some of the posts is just useless banter among members.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)



See thats the point, there are 290 emails yet you would still rather go through 35 pages of thread. Why?
Read the emails

PS for anyone interested here is the guy from Sachs ie the guy who provided funding to Stratfor and proposed the new venture Stratcap

financial-advisors.findthebest.com...

http://__._/gifiles/docs/49613_labor-day-review-of-where-we-are-.html



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Maponos
 



I am reading thank you. Been reading since last night. So far, nothing juicy. Nothing that I can use anyway.



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater
 


cant just post the emails as most of the contain some kind of personal info...but they are easily read through wiki leaks,,,and just have to go through it and discuss it.....i am posting some interesting ones...but it is only the first few hundred and a lot of it is just inter office banter and operationial type memos....



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by plube
 


They could use asterisks to take out personal information. Sheesh, and they call us lazy for not supposedly reading through the emails. Some of the problem is also trying to understand the emails.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
THey dont think too highly of Assange


And that was before this release. I bet their emails are nice and firey today. Well they are actually probably avoiding email at the moment. The water cooler will need to be refilled after today I think.



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by djmarcone
reply to post by buddhasystem
 


Most likely someone's workstation was compromised, probably a targeted email with an attachment.


You somewhat misunderstood what I was saying. I was not interested in technicality of the break-in per se, but I was disputing what I thought was an infantile and silly statement, which was: since there was still e-mail in people's inboxes (whatever that was supposed to mean), no theft had taken place at all!

The Soviets famously stole some nuclear secrets from the US, and two people went to electric chair for that. Wouldn't it be interesting if they tried to use the defense "wait, the bomb is still there, so we didn't actually steal anything".



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by Maponos
 



I am reading thank you. Been reading since last night. So far, nothing juicy. Nothing that I can use anyway.


I agree nothing earth shattering, the goldman sach stuff is interesting but not enough information yet, I need moar asap!!

May I suggest also using twitter.com/search with #wikileaks as an alternative for finding juicy emails quickly, then bring them here for analysis


PS is wiki being attacked anyone? When I visited earlier was not showing todays releases even when it had just hours before. I think I saw a mirror thus indicating they may be under DDoS attack. Can anyone confirm?
edit on 28-2-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What I find interesting is comments they made on Assange's arrest, and the non-release of the insurance file.
The preamble,

"Founder needs to be water boarded until he gives us th=e code."




"Though actually now I'm seeing a lot of rhetoric that the events so
far have not reached the level for Wikileaks to release this file. Was
it a bluff? "

And reply,
"Assange was denied bail this morning. They previously threatened to
release the insurance file if their site was shut down or if Assange
was arrested/"persecuted." Now both have happened.

Please watch for them to release it. "

You would think that they would have the wit to work out that (1) the site still ran, (2) that Assange's arrest was ostensibly over a 'sex case' So much for an intelligence organization!



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maponos
 


I've just been reading off the site.



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by Maponos
 


I've just been reading off the site.


Me too, have read most, skimmed all, bored now! If they suddenly drop 50,000 or something twitter will become invaluable, still not seeing todays release section when visit wiki tho.....I should point out the stuff I did read briefly related to Ukraine. I think they are being DDoS'd?



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
A very very interesting analysis of wikileaks connections to mossad suggesting stratfor was done to help the israeli equivilent DEBKA. This should feed your conspiracy needs. I should point out that I dont actually agree with a single word which is printed here but it is a legitimate opinion so worth posting, if any of you feel it deserves a thread feel free.

My personal opinion is that this is attempt to undermine the revelations about to come!

www.veteranstoday.com...





new topics
top topics
 
224
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

log in

join