It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Again, Wikileaks didn't steal anything, they only published the data.

If Wikileaks had taken part in the hack I might agree with you.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Strafor is an opportunistic money making "GOTCH" rag at best.... I really dont see the difference.......

Have you seen anything they publish, or know what they do? Hey, I own a competitive site that provides open source, or at least non-classified but often not easily available data on events, trends, and predictive protocols that attempt to provide a synopsis of events that effect business and world events. I still support their right to do so, and not have some sob steal it, and by the way stealing e-mails or hacking into phones etc IS NOT something they do. If I find out otherwise I will be the first to scream about it. By the way I don't do that either as having been hacked I know the disgust, anger, and yes fear I felt as a result.

Trying to distill all the available events and how people respond en-mass or individually is designed to identify what are called "predictive change agents". The community of people who do this including mine use it to anticipate probable events both socio-political, military, economic, and even natural events notably natural disasters. Both human behavior as reflected in societies, economic being the biggest one everyone need less to say, wants to know for obvious reasons. Even natural events like earthquakes, and even the clustering and volume of epileptic seizures in a population. What happens in nature has intriguing signatures with anything the market, or governments do. There is an amazing similarity in certain mathematical predictors that employ temporal&non-temporal effectors or algorithms.

No, you don't have to be a crook if you want to employ some very cool math. Then again someone like Assenge is not likely to use the laws of nature as in math&pattern actualization. He steals it. As for STRATFOR or my company that does some of what they do (we're a bit specialized in other areas compared to them, though their good in areas they focus on. We just use different methods, in some cases) each site can't help but have an opinion. That's not GOTCH! anything. Any site or research, etc must have an element of the personalities involved. Anyone who thinks there is such a thing as absolute objectivity is clueless.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by smurfy

To say there is no privacy is to deny that hacking is the same as using a crow bar to burglarize. It's the exact same thing. Just because I own a crowbar does not make it right for me to break into my neighbors house. Same thing here.

Sometimes when I say kids, I mean children in adult bodies. Adults take those skills and use them to make a career or support themselves and their families. Kid's get their rocks of by hacking into others private communications, adults work to protect us from them.

It would not break my heart if hacking peoples emails became a serious felony costing people long years in a cell. I include law enforcement in that of course. No warrant, the Cop goes to jail.

It's simply not the same, you may have a good heart, the internet is not bothered, and all the rules and regs count for nothing by that reckoning.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
so how do we find out what e-mails are the real deal and witch ones are manufactured? from what i have read so fare the is some good info in the files and is sure to get some people on edge.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Anything juicy come in yet?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Anything juicy come in yet?

check out the last 30 some pages and then ask that question. there is a lot of things in here thus far. and only more to come im sure of it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

edit on 27-2-2012 by underduck because: nvm

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NISMOALTI
so how do we find out what e-mails are the real deal and witch ones are manufactured? from what i have read so fare the is some good info in the files and is sure to get some people on edge.

I think Strafor's doing damage control by inferring that some of the emails may be altered.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

i think you are right, i mean why would a company take the time to make fake e-mails. i would see some one else who had the data after it was taken making up some just for some kicks.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NISMOALTI

The fact the CEO resigned the moment it was announced is probably good enough evidence to suggest they are legitimate ..

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

edit on 27-2-2012 by underduck because: nevermind

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What i got from the Scumbag Stratfor vidja

100 dislikes from non stratfor employees 42 likes from 42 stratfor employees

comments disabled denying discussion of the damage control attempt video
"STRATFOR IS NOT RECEPTIVE TO FEEDBACK"

spinning the facts, deny deny deny

sad puppy dog eyes

= EPIC FAIL

www.youtube.com...[

who is this scum bag i speak of you ask?
knowyourmeme.com...
edit on 27-2-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

edit on 27-2-2012 by underduck because: nevermind ... my mistake

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Again, Wikileaks didn't steal anything, they only published the data.
If Wikileaks had taken part in the hack I might agree with you.

So if you steal a diamond bracelet...

Then I fence it for you...

I get a free ride

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

No, you don't have to be a crook if you want to employ some very cool math.

many of the folks working on the Manhattan project thought they were employing cool math,
until they saw the final results of their calculations.

Then again someone like Assenge is not likely to use the laws of nature as in math&pattern actualization.

Assange is not selling prognostications. neither was stratfor

he is exposing criminals who habitually use the LAW, corporate structures, connections with major governments and spook agencies as a shield to hide behind.

when those who wield the Law like a club, and have a Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong history of killing people who get in their way,

those who would oppose them are by definition "criminals".

lol you remind me of the 1st bully i stomped in grade school, he thought he was a boxer, and came at me jabbing
i side kicked him in the face and knocked down a flight of stairs.
he then screamed:

"fight fair, mother****er!!!"

you want wikileaks and anon to play in a rigged game, by rules that only benefit
those who make them and remake them as is convenient,
the same rules/laws/yoke/chains you are rattling here.

"all is fair in love and war."

and make no mistake this is a war.
you have simply chosen to be on what you "think" is the winning side.

don't complain when you and your side lose.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I recorded the WL press conference from this morning and cut out all the excess stuff- so here are the highlights:
(in case you don't feel like sorting through the entire hour and a half)

::
ART ONE:::

edit on 27-2-2012 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well if google can sell our personal data to the highest bidder and facebook can hand our personal lives like photos and private information over to NSA, CIA without our consent then it's fair game imo. These people think they answer to nobody for there is no congressional oversight. It is not theft per say, for it to be theft it would have to be intellectual property of some kind. We are recorded every day on video surveillance cameras in traffic and stores without our consent. You see it's all fair and balanced as long as it isn't big brother being spied on. Now they are crying like sulking children. These people who practice unethical means got a taste of their own medicine.

$o g1ad

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
I recorded the WL press conference from this morning and cut out all the excess stuff- so here are the highlights:
(in case you don't feel like sorting through the entire hour and a half)

ART ONE:::

edit on 27-2-2012 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

ART TWO:::

****More on the way once I get them uploaded****

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I see a lot of people complaining about Wikileaks saying that what they are doing is illegal, however can anyone show a court case that says they can't publish stolen e-mails? Or stolen information?

They can publish them, and they are protected. For a number of reasons, including the fact that you can't prove they are even real e-mails from Stratfor? Or that they are not random text files that happen to end up the same as Stratfor e-mails , and maybe Startfor sues for plagarism.

If you run a program for long enough eventually you will get a copy of the Startfor e-mails, as well as a complete version of the bible, and a lot of other random nonsense. Can you prove that the published Stratfor e-mails were not obtained this way? No, you cannot. Do you have to? Yes, you do, especially if you are the prosecution, which would be the side trying the criminal charges against Wikileaks, if there could be any, and there is not, again because of protection....

There's also things like the First Amendment, but lets just forget about that right?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The emails were not "stolen" to begin with the raw data was copied and extracted from the database. The emails still exist in those employees inbox's. These emails that exist in these folks inbox can either vindicate them "if altered" or incriminate them.

I will bet the farm none of these people that have been exposed will be willing to make their emails public in order to do a comparison. Friedman is trying to say these emails are a forgery, ok then prove it! But all he knows is lies and deception, he does not know a way out of this. His consorts have some explaining to do.

The more Friedman cries theft the dumber he looks, he clearly does not understand the legality of this. Nobody will be charged with theft, the only persons in trouble are strafor and if the hackers that hacked get caught could be charged with hacking across state lines.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join