It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by amongus
Where are the emails? What am I missing here?

Coming soon by all accounts.

Noon GMT Monday

Found them. Thx

edit on 26-2-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Is there any chance that one of you could start a thread that just posts the interesting emails when or as they are released. Not to offend anyone, but I don't want to have to sift through 50 pages on this thread searching for 2 or 3 revealing emails from this. This could be the companion thread for comments but it would be sweet to just have an exclusive thread for just
"Stratfor Emails"

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Where are the emails? What am I missing here?

Coming soon by all accounts.

Noon GMT Monday

Found them. Thx

edit on 26-2-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

These ones??

http://__._/gifiles/

if not, can you link?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Christopher Tappin has just been extradited to the US in what he says was a sting, Sky news source

Not getting away from the leaks, but i think it,s important to see the outcome here. At this time with assange awaiting his verdict and this high profile extradition which happpened on Friday! Now all these leaked emails. It is gonna put serious pressure on the courts decision.

As Tappin said, "he is an English tax payer and they, the UK, failed to protect him", no matter what he is accused of. Takes us back to the Gary Mckinnon case.

All in all i think this is obviously a chess move to help stop Assange's deportation, and rightly so in my opinion.

Assange is an Australian so why is a uk court deciding his future, he should have been sent back to Oz and let them decide.

Any way they are my thoughts and I hope they contribute to the thread!

Albert.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yep...those.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
There is a live blog here, I think some of it is being covered on there,

dissenter.firedoglake.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Who cares about emails?

In a psychological sense, it gives people a chance to see how people communicate when they believe that they are not being watched. There is always the possibility that the discerning can infer from a simple fact and pull the thread to find something even bigger.

All information is useful information. All information is not like a bill board with the dots connected for you.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by albertfothergill

Originally posted by ajay59
Perhaps we will see evidence of a planned and executed smear campaign against Assange!

Thats exactly what i meant in mt last post. Wish i was more to the point lol!

Just that I refuse to take anything that the mainstream as hole has to say anymore! Virtualy everything they pass to the public is lies!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just trying to sift through what some are finding interesting,

http://__._/gifiles/docs/412101_fwd-insight-venezuela-update-on-chavez-s-health-power.html

maduro is expected to replace chavez in venezuela
edit on 26-2-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

Stratfor - Imam of ground zero mosque is operational asset of the FBI
www....__._/gifiles/docs/373982_re-ct-untangling-the-bizarre-cia-links-to-the-ground-zero.html
edit on 26-2-2012 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
These things read like an operations manual for intelligence agencies:

The secure list is not supposed to have anyone overseas on it. (And as a
side note, if you are traveling overseas you need to get yourself off this
list while out of the country.) We have many WOs overseas and so when we
send something to secure it is just one more way we are trying to protect
sourcing by not having it sent over international wires (yes, of course,
there are many ways that foreigners can access any insight sent from
anywhere at anytime, but it is somewhat more secure when we email only
within CONUS). So either a source or insight that is highly sensitive
needs to go to the secure list only, and that means that we send it in
ourselves because the overseas WOs won't be able to pick it up.

Source

I have a feeling there is a boardroom facepalming right now.

Control means financial, sexual or psychological control to the point where he would reveal his sourcing and be tasked. This is difficult to do when you are known to be affiliated with an intelligence organization. The decision on approach would not come from you but from your handler. This is because you're position is too close to the source and your judgment by definition suspect. Each meeting would be planned between you and your handler and each meeting would have a specific goal not built around discussing the topic of interest which would ideally be hidden but in analyzing him personally and moving toward control. The justification for the op would be specific classes of information and on gaining control the first step would be determining his access. If he failed the test contact would be terminated.

Source
edit on 26-2-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
The interesting thing here also is that Anon and Wiki-leaks have what seems to be *Teamed up*

Any release of global Intelligence files is going to make for some very interesting information,
Knowing what alliances are being made that we where unaware of could open a whole can of worms..

The only issue I have with that statement is that there isn't a single group known as "Anonymous" .. there are pockets of un-named folks that take up the banner .. Some of those un-named groups do great things and have good intentions, some are just in it for laughs and to cause chaos .. the way "Anonymous" keeps being mentioned here on ATS and in the press it's as if they are this large underground entity when in reality me and a group of friends could be just as much "Anonymous" as anyone if we decided to take some kind of action online and make a video.

I'm sure YOU know that.. but I really get the feeling many don't ..many genuinely do think Anonymous is some large entity with ranks and leadership .. some kind of big planning room with operations and activities =)

Edit:

I think the government probably actually loves this misconception of what Anonymous actually is because it opens the door to a whole host of false flag possibilities.. when you think about it
edit on 2/26/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Karl Rove anyone?

Oh wow....

I suggest reading the part about them worried about their reputations.

I have a feeling these things are going to be a lot juicier than downplayers are making them out to be.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think that both groups have been compromised. I believe this crap is just going to be a tool used against internet freedoms. What are they going to tell that we didn't probably already know? Why the big announcement beforehand? Why not just randomly dump it out there! It would get picked up by someone here most likely! This is why I do not trust these groups. Why give the MSM any credit for showing it. What else is going on that this would need to splash onto the corporate news?
Hmm....Maybe bankers jumping ship?
Whitney must be played out already

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I am most interested in who sold info for money. Looks like a lot of journalists and media could be bought. ALso the Goldman Sachs relationship could be interesting and if serious enough could take it down and we all remember Lehman Bros, right?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

The MSM ignoring something is more telling than coverage sometimes.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

The MSM ignoring something is more telling than coverage sometimes.

I'd rather watch them stumble over a surprise than have time to doctor it...
Most people don't trust them anymore anyway..

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Another thing that makes this possibly larger than we might guess at first glance is that along with everything else intelligence services have also been doled out to private contractors. As we know there are more contractors in Afghanistan than US soldiers - to a degree the same goes for intelligence outsourcing.
How else can multinationals be sure governments are doing as they are being paid to do? Stratfor also watches the NSA and CIA along with governments the world over.
The potential here is enormous. Not saying they have anything too damning but I for one am hopeful.
Honesty is the only way to start cleaning house on corruption.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I was skimming through and found this one very interesting: US Bank Dirty Money

Goes on to tell how Wacovia bank was laundering billions of dollars of cartel money before the "crash" of '08. Makes one wonder if there isn't more to the story of the "crash" after reading what went down with just Wacovia.
Also interesting to note that Wacovia is now part of Wells Fargo.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
http:///w0uQ1XX1

The CEO of Stratfor resigned 18 minutes ago...

Edit for better link - www.dailykos.com...
edit on Sun, 26 Feb 2012 20:21:48 -0600 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Edit: Above poster beat me to it....
----------------------------------------

Friedman just stepped down as CEO for Stratfor.

It is with great personal disappointment I have to inform you that I will resign from my position as CEO for Stratfor to immediate effect.

Please rest assured that this decision was not an easy. But in the light of the recent events, especially the release of our company emails by WikiLeaks, I have decided that stepping down is in the best interest of Stratfor and its customer base.

I want to emphasize that this will have no effect on Stratfor's busines

Sourced from twitter feed: twitter.com...#!/youranonnews

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join