It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The South africa Mail & Guardian chief editor, Nicholas Dawes, has put out his disclaimer online here,

mg.co.za...

Wikipedia, Nicholas Dawes,

en.wikipedia.org...

It's perhaps useful to bear in mind that The Guardian, London owns much of this paper.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Also the press conference earlyer today for those that missed it,

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Office fun. Pretty normal.

If people blow ones like that out of proportion, I will feel sorry for both the people doing it, and the Stratfor folk...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

I would have to agree with you and that is why i stated in the beginning of this thread that people should approach this with caution and keep the content of the emails in the context of which they were written and also keeping in mind the source of the sender and the reciever of said emails.

Also keep in mind that many of these emails are just conversation and based solely on opinion of the sender and receivers of the emails.

That is why i made a point to post the lunch box thief issue......It shows that alot lot of it is just inter office banter.

also in one i post earlier it was a journalist from the jerusalam post who was a responder so right there one needs to be wary of the discussion.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Nice spin.

nice try.

better luck next time.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

edit on 27-2-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

You keep NOT mentioning WHAT they are talking about though.

a lot of this makes sense and ties in stuff we thought we knoe but really did not.

How many of us have that knowledge ?

None.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by Soshh

I would have to agree with you and that is why i stated in the beginning of this thread that people should approach this with caution and keep the content of the emails in the context of which they were written and also keeping in mind the source of the sender and the reciever of said emails.

Also keep in mind that many of these emails are just conversation and based solely on opinion of the sender and receivers of the emails.

That is why i made a point to post the lunch box thief issue......It shows that alot lot of it is just inter office banter.

also in one i post earlier it was a journalist from the jerusalam post who was a responder so right there one needs to be wary of the discussion.

Opinions they are paid for, they give advice to corporations and governments.

So these opinions are pretty important.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i personally am not saying they are not important and yes they have relevance....but they are only relevant if they are used sensibly and in the context of the posting....now ask yourselves if these were your emails...say to the mistress you had been thinking about sleeping with but never really did....but the public got hold of it and twisted it into what was not really the case would you say that would be fair game.

I have been reading mega on them and yes some of this info will be bought and sold....and used against people.....but if it is twisted then it becomes worthless information does it not.

a bit like all the WMD in Iraq.......nuff said right.
edit on 022929p://f08Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I hope there's more than just coke and peta..

wouldnt you play your best card first in the game of euchre?

Not unless you were trying to trick the other player into leading with the bauer ( correct spelling ? )...Jack.

Euchre is about deception too. most people don't know that though.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
One of the speakers on the press release said, " when it crosses into the realm of government, it becomes public" or something to that affect and I for one agree.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
Now we see the truth about Mega Corporations...

DOW was paying Stratfor to spy, as part of its attempt to stop US gov from regulating dangerous chemicals in their plastics..

All you Paul fans still think deregulation is a great idea??

This is some very #ed up stuff going on here...

I think we finally realize that all at the top are just looking out for themselves and we end up getting caught in the crossfire of their Huge Chess game that have been playing.

The thing is, they are going to start attacking their own people to save their own arses, which will then make people who were " in the know" try and get even and out them, which will make them go after the next lowest tier and so on.

By making money still relevant they will cause their own demise.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
One important aspect of this came up in the press conference:

People were paying for this and using it to make decisions, but quite often their analysis was wrong and they were using things like, "google translate" to translate sensitive documents. And they would on many occasions make basic mistakes like who was a Sunni or Shia.

I'd say all of this is pretty interesting, some of it is shocking and new info, some of it is flat out incorrect.

And that was down to them often just sucking at their jobs. And the rest was done to them generating a lot of info to sell and not really caring how true it was.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Cue Global Media

Emails Reveal Pakistan knew were Binladen was the whole time

The e-mail, from a Stratfor analyst, suggested that up to 12 officials in Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency knew of the al-Qaeda leader's safe house.

edit on 27-2-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So..... would'nt that make Srtatfor terrorist sympathisers to the U.S. Government?

edit on 27-2-2012 by ajay59 because: dummy

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
WikiLeaks releases first 200 of 5m Stratfor emails

www.guardian.co.uk...

WikiLeaks said it would continue publishing emails from the document cache over the following days and weeks.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Reva Bhalla

Now this person is a scarey fear mongerer.....and it seems to me she is a dangerous person whom twists the truth to further her career.....

read this email

Email-ID

source

here she is

Reva Bhalla

now she is one name that comes up over and over in the emails and the stuff she writes has so much conjecture in it......It is amazing...i wonder what her source rating is.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Im shocked to say the least

Subject: Re: Random Business Idea - Network Security

Or as Assange says in that interview: "treat your employees well".
Great point. Problem is, that doesn't sell.

Imagine telling that to our leadership... lol

Full

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

A happy worker is a productive worker. Medically proven, scientifically verified fact that includes all animals, livestock and sheeple.

reply to post by plube

I guess you must have missed the decades old adage.
Don't put anything in an email you would not like to see on the front page of a newspaper.

edit on 27/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a reply to previous poster

edit on 27/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

edit on 27/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

you know what i read your tid bits and they seem to just attack what others opinions are....when i post i post a source and a link back to the said email i am talking about...i am not taking them out of context ...and i also have said several times that people should just use due diligence when presenting the emails...as these seem to be mostly opinions of the people sending them......and without actual links back to their sources then they are kinda moot.

i posted the lunchbox email to show how tame they are in some cases and it was good to see that some people actually got the point i was making.....is there valuable and pertinant information in some....i am sure there is....but in some that i have been looking at and then i search out the person who was the sender and who was the reciever quite often it is a journalist posting opinion or eeking out a story or even some of the info was strictly googled by the sender ...and not researched.....so there is a lot of mis info in the emails...and much of it is already public domain that they are using for their inteligence gathering.

More fools are the people who are paying for this information from this company...is this where GB got his info from on WMD in IRAQ.

edit on 022929p://f36Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join