It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks begins publishing 5 million emails from STRATFOR

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by miniatus

Wait a minute, you know what, I'm thinking about email addresses, not the actual emails to and from people. The emails themselves are gold, where as addresses not so much. Now I'm on the same page.

I doubt those e-mail addresses will remain active for long now that this is breaking so probably not even useful for spammers... however, they are quite useful of-course for keeping the senders accountable for anything they might need held accountable for =)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm gonna flag this in hopes something important will come to light. STRATFOR is a major player in international corporate security and analysis with far reaching tentacles in all the world's governments.
Here's to real hope for change.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Read more of the release here,

LONDON—Today, Monday 27 February, WikiLeaks began publishing The Global Intelligence Files – more than five million emails from the Texas-headquartered "global intelligence" company Stratfor. The emails date from between July 2004 and late December 2011. They reveal the inner workings of a company that fronts as an intelligence publisher, but provides confidential intelligence services to large corporations, such as Bhopal’s Dow Chemical Co., Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and government agencies, including the US Department of Homeland Security, the US Marines and the US Defense Intelligence Agency. The emails show Stratfor’s web of informers, pay-off structure, payment-laundering techniques and psychological methods, for example:

"[Y]ou have to take control of him. Control means financial, sexual or psychological control... This is intended to start our conversation on your next phase" – CEO George Friedman to Stratfor analyst Reva Bhalla on 6 December 2011, on how to exploit an Israeli intelligence informant providing information on the medical condition of the President of Venezuala, Hugo Chavez.

The material contains privileged information about the US government’s attacks against Julian Assange and WikiLeaks and Stratfor’s own attempts to subvert WikiLeaks. There are more than 4,000 emails mentioning WikiLeaks or Julian Assange. The emails also expose the revolving door that operates in private intelligence companies in the United States. Government and diplomatic sources from around the world give Stratfor advance knowledge of global politics and events in exchange for money. The Global Intelligence Files exposes how Stratfor has recruited a global network of informants who are paid via Swiss banks accounts and pre-paid credit cards. Stratfor has a mix of covert and overt informants, which includes government employees, embassy staff and journalists around the world.

http://__._/the-gifiles.html

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Prepare to be disappointed. STRATFOR's an interesting read, but 99% of their stuff is Open Source and isn't exactly known for its heavy reliability. I'm interested to see what's possibly been dug up, and how much it's being over-hyped myself.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Whatever else Stratfor may have been, they were among the only tier 1 level intelligence organization openly allowing general public types to join and have access to some solid analysis and insight into world events. This is doing quite a number for destroying them, I'm guessing.

Given that I don't see anyone else to fill that hole which Stratfor will leave if they are ruined, I'd say all this has really done is prove an annoyance to Governments and Corporations, while they switch services...and eliminated that outlet for the normal folks out here. This is one hack I think was a very self defeating act and really did far more harm than good.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

If there are any detrimental mails relating to the Assange case, along with the revelations that the Swedish minister recently (forget his name) Is linked to being linked to USA intelligence, this could change a few things IMHO!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So... Is this what Anonymous meant by this then...?

Assuming the rumour about anon leaking this stuff to wikileaks is true.

Time will tell.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It should be interesting as there is some press confernce tomorrow

WikiLeaks mystery press conference Monday 12 noon
From Wiki themselves

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Wikileaks and the Anon teaming up...surprised it took so long, myself.
Seriously, regardless of if this is paydirt or another disappointment, the real story here is the potential of these two openly cooperating. LOADS of possibilities, that...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Perhaps we will see evidence of a planned and executed smear campaign against Assange!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
The interesting thing here also is that Anon and Wiki-leaks have what seems to be *Teamed up*

Any release of global Intelligence files is going to make for some very interesting information,
Knowing what alliances are being made that we where unaware of could open a whole can of worms..

Wish they'd spit them worms out quick - the waiting is killing me.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
It should be interesting as there is some press confernce tomorrow

WikiLeaks mystery press conference Monday 12 noon
From Wiki themselves

Is this GMT 0 time?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yep GMT,

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I read on twitter Anonymous has a different announcement to make, other than this wikileaks release.

From Anonymous : ATTENTION - We're just getting warmed up. First the WikiLeaks STRATFOR announcement. Next up? The major #Anonymous announcement. Stay tuned!

edit on 26-2-2012 by moixa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Perhaps we will see evidence of a planned and executed smear campaign against Assange!

Thats exactly what i meant in mt last post. Wish i was more to the point lol!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by moixa
reply to post by mr-lizard

I read on twitter Anonymous has a different announcement to make, other than this wikileaks release.

From Anonymous : ATTENTION - We're just getting warmed up. First the WikiLeaks STRATFOR announcement. Next up? The major #Anonymous announcement. Stay tuned!

edit on 26-2-2012 by moixa because: (no reason given)

Oh - that's even more exciting then....

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Where are the emails? What am I missing here?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Where are the emails? What am I missing here?

Coming soon by all accounts.

Noon GMT Monday

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Stratfor's content is freely available for the moment. No subscription required. There may be some goodies in there, but for the most part they are mundane. Stratfor accepts emails from anyone about anything. There are probably a few of mine in there. I'm quick to take them to task when they screw up a Carrier Strike Group's whereabouts, for example. I am a subscriber to their service. Compared to some place like Debkafile, they can be quite accurate. I find some of their analyses to be on the shallow side, particularly their weekly "Above the Tearline" videos which leave you rolling your eyes because of their simplicity. Sometimes I think they like to play at being wannabe spies.

They are certainly better than the NYT or CNN, though. Maybe not so good at securing their web site. My credit card was compromised because of their failure, so I had to scramble to cancel and change it. They knew what happened early December and didn't tell anyone until December 24th. No harm done to me, personally, but these guys could have done better. I also have the Lifelock service. They told me my credit card and email had been compromised in late January. Obviously they are useless and won't be getting my renewal.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I have no idea who "Yesmen" are but they will also be at the press conference at noon,

Yes Men press release theyesmen.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join