It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is more powerful a campaign film or Super Pacs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You all know of the Super Pacs that the GOP, Paul, and Obama have.

But now, Obama enlists the director of that horrible piece of propaganda An Inconvenient Truth to make a film about him. So which is worse? Superpacs or propaganda film? I think propaganda films have more impact on people because if Obama has plans to release this throughout Hollywood and Movie theaters across the country it will have much more impact than some random dude's $5 million.

What do you think? www.businessweek.com...

edit on 26-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
With all the young people that support Paul, I'm surprised a bunch of people haven't decided to make a film about him at no cost.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
With all the young people that support Paul, I'm surprised a bunch of people haven't decided to make a film about him at no cost.

Oh they have, you can find them all on this site and I believe that there are multiple ones, but Obama has close ties to Hollywood.He can easily sneak it into the MSM.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
According to January's fundraising reports filed with the Federal Election Commission, Romney and his supporting Super Pac spent well more than $32m during the month, with only wins in New Hampshire and Florida to show for it, while his campaign raised just $6.5m during the same period www.indianewstop.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nestsoft

Yea, and Obama is still the clear front runner but seems to want to create an entire campaign "film" about himself. I don't know what film means, if he plans to release it in movie theaters or whatnot. Films have a lot more impact then negative advertising and speeches. Because well, Obama is the king of those!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I'm quite certain we'll find that Obama's Super PAC is indeed the ones footing the bill for the film. So, really, they're one in the same. I'm not really sure of the films usefulness, though. I'm finding most of the people in my social circles just don't give a # anymore, and probably wouldn't watch anything from Obama or any of the current GOP frontrunners.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
With regard to the original question, a campaign film might make more of an impact -- but only if people see it.

It's the SuperPACs that can (1) afford to make well-done campaign films and (2) afford the TV time to show them again and again. So a SuperPAC campaign film trumps a better campaign film that the campaign cannot afford to put on TV.

new topics

top topics

join