It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin warns against 'catastrophic' attack on Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
From Ria Nivosti:

Talking tough as he prepares to return to Kremlin while facing the biggest protests of his 12-year rule and warily watching upheaval in the Middle East, Putin said US and Nato intervention abroad was undermining global stability, not buttressing it.

"I very much hope the United States and other countries ... do not try to set a military scenario in motion in Syria without sanction from the UN Security Council," Putin said in the article published on Monday in the newspaper Moskovskiye Novosti.

Putin made clear Russia, which along with China blocked a UN Security Council resolution aimed at ending a government crackdown on opponents in Syria, would use such levers to block US action when it sees fit. Nato nations should not form coalitions to launch military intervention when they lack Security Council support, he added.

"Nobody has the right to take for himself the prerogatives and authorities of the United Nations, especially when it comes to using force in relation to sovereign states," Putin said.

"The Americans are obsessed with the idea of providing themselves with absolute invulnerability," he said, adding that would lead to "absolute vulnerability for everyone else".

edit on 26-2-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I think regardless what they say it would be truly catastrophic for everyone...thanks to mega corporations turning this world into a global community we all carry the burden of war and the obsticles they create...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Russia and China are not going to let Iran fall because of the economic and technological interests they have with Iran.

Don't know about China but Russia sure has to worry if Iranian regime falls. China is nobody's friend, they are still commies and thus cannot be trusted.

You still adopt that Cold War mindset? The only way to be sure that a BIG war (WW3) does not happen is to pursue relationships with both China and Russia, not to push their buttons with threatening intervention in Syria, and possibly Iran.

If countries and people have the mindset of the past, histroy is bound to be repeated. We ae already in a cold war, as described by China. We may eventually witness other proxy wars if the world powers continue down this path. And, if all else fails, the big one may start, which is what Russia is warning about.
edit on 27-2-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
And word is now, Muslims were going to kill Putin in a matter of days and that rebels have already been arrested in the conspiracy.
Which I think is a lie for who really was going to kill him

WW3 is >< this close people.

America is the sacrificial lamb this go around.

Make sure u have a safe place to hide when it hits our nation

edit on 27-2-2012 by alienorgy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienorgy
And word is now, Muslims were going to kill Putin in a matter of days and that rebels have already been arrested in the conspiracy.

WW3 is >< close people.

Sh*t will hit the fan if Putin is actually assassinated. Out of all of the current world leaders, he stands as the most respected and prominent on the international stage.

Honestly, I'd like to see more evidence about the apparent plot on Putin though before I get all hyped up about it. Pretty convenient timing for it anyways.

And I just gotta say to anyone planning to assassinate Putin: please try to do it with your hands or a knife or whatever (instead of a gun or bomb), and try to do it in front of a camera. He could use the good PR of kicking an assassin's ass on television

edit on 27-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

WW3 is >< close people.

Sh*t will hit the fan if Putin is actually assassinated. Out of all of the current world leaders, he stands as the most respected and prominent on the international stage.

Honestly, I'd like to see more evidence about the apparent plot on Putin though before I get all hyped up about it. Pretty convenient timing for it anyways.

And I just gotta say to anyone planning to assassinate Putin: please try to do it with your hands or a knife or whatever (instead of a gun or bomb), and try to do it in front of a camera. He could use the good PR of kicking an assassin's ass on television

All you need to do is ask yourself, how did the previous world wars start.

What was the igniting factor and you will have your answer as to why putin.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

WW3 is >< close people.

It seems to be the trend doesn't it. When will they think of something new?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

WW3 is >< close people.

It seems to be the trend doesn't it. When will they think of something new?

Why screw with perfection?

Eventually they will get the planet to themselves just like they planned all along and the sad thing is, no one is too blame but ourselves for allowing ourselves to be brainwashed so easily.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alienorgy

I agree. Maybe if the world population displayed more interest in history, both Ancient and Modern, than they would be more opened minded. I mean. The same techniques have been used since the dawn of time. One just needs to look through history to see it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

reply to post by alienorgy

I agree. Maybe if the world population displayed more interest in history, both Ancient and Modern, than they would be more opened minded. I mean. The same techniques have been used since the dawn of time. One just needs to look through history to see it.

Are you daft???
/ If they did that then who be there to tell us how much plastic the Kardashian ho pumped into her left ass cheek?
Or which Housewife of Atlanta is wearing the newest Gucci bling,,,,,,

Silly Wabbit! Twix are for kids.

You'll get no cooperation from the masses. This communique has been observed by big brother and has been deemed covert in nature.

You are both hereby ordered to report to termination center 13.

Thank you for your cooperation citizens.

lolol

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

i call shenanigans , where are any of your sources on this "alleged" plot

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

www.heraldsun.com.au...

You could do some research instead of calling someone out.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

www.heraldsun.com.au...

Of course I called someone out, the burden of proof is on them...........thats how the forum works...

If you make a claim its up to you to put up the evidence....

From the source

Putin is widely expected to win a historic third term as president next month, after serving two terms in 2000-2008 in which he waged a brutal campaign against Muslim insurgents in the North Caucasus republic of Chechnya.

Sounds to me they have plenty of reason to want to assasinate him..........

extremist do this sort of thing all the time with bombings etc..........how is this some sort of "conspiracy" to pin it on Iran?

There is nothing in that article about Iran............are you saying all muslims are from Iran now?

Seems to me the only guilty parties making these assumptions and connections are the ones in this forum
edit on 27-2-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Well, i'm not connecting anything between the assassination attempt and Iran. I was merely providing the link that one member forgot to do.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Will be catastrophic...but for who, exactly ?
For Iran ? For the attackers of Iran ? For Russia ? Or for the entire world ?

What i don't understand is WHY some people think Russia and China can do anything more than talking?
How exactly would they DEFEND Syria and / or Iran ? Their troops will NOT be accepted on Iran and Syria soil.
You think that history can be forgoten easily ? People know that Russian troops, once inside an allied country, will not leave, heavily influencing that allied country politics by imposing puppet-leaders that will do Moscow will.

Do not forgot that both Syria and Iran are MUSLIM countries, while Russia and China are NOT.The only way russian or chinese troops will be in Syria and Iran (and i mean tens of thousands of troops, not 200 "technicians")
would be IF the NATO troops will invade those countries.

China is less agressive than Russia, but will not do any action outside Russia.Both countries, if want to be consider serious or superpowers, must act the same.If they want to defend Syria or Iran, there is not much they can do, except attacking US and Europe.

Due to very limited capacity to project military power and logistics, Russia and China cannot defend neither Syria nor Iran, even assuming those countries will ask for troops.The best they can do is 2-3 thousands troops.
And if NATO will stop an attack because there are russian and chinese troops in Syria and Iran...in a matter of weeks, there will be tens of thousands of russian troops there...and Iran or Syria will become Soviet Republics.
Is this what Iran and Syria wants ?

Only the fact that NOW, there are NO russian and chinese troops, proves that Russia and China are just defending those countries with words.What, will russians and chinese send troops AFTER the bombs start falling?They wanna STOP this to happend, so....WHERE the hell are the russian and chinese military ??

Answer : they are were it is IMPORTANT to be - AT HOME.

Wanna stop Israel bomb Iran, or wanna stop NATO bomb Syria? SEND THE FCKING TROOPS THERE , LMAO.
Words NOT stop bombs.

I know, you know, everybody knows that only russian and / or chinese HEAVY MILITARY PRESENCE in Syria and Iran will stop the bombing.
They are not there...so Putin is defending HOW ? Using WORDS ?

I tell ya this : Syria and Iran will be bombed...but Russia and China won't do anything.They can't so they won't.
Russia and China can do 2 things good : defend THEIR COUNTRIES or NUCLEAR ATTACK against enemies.

Both Iran and Syria will be ashes and nobody will do anything, unless starting nuclear war is Russia and China secret plan against the West.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

erm, the most genocidal govt in the world, Iran, seriously, want to tot up the casualty stats from the UK & US over the past ten years compared with Iran.

Why can't we butt out of other countries' affairs, we are going to end this earth, not Iran

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by sedona5602

We should nuke russia and iran. Never trusted the russian government a bunch of ex kgb agents. They still want to destroy the USA .

Yeah great stinking plan.

Nobody needs nuking. Only a few people need a hanging.

Indeed, incredible suggestion, let us just wipe out hundreds of millions of people- burn men women and children alive, all in the name of freedom

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by sedona5602

We should nuke russia and iran. Never trusted the russian government a bunch of ex kgb agents. They still want to destroy the USA .

Yeah great stinking plan.

Nobody needs nuking. Only a few people need a hanging.

Indeed, incredible suggestion, let us just wipe out hundreds of millions of people- burn men women and children alive, all in the name of freedom

Like an American major said in Vietnam:
"It became necessary to destroy the town to save it"

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

i call shenanigans , where are any of your sources on this "alleged" plot

google is your friend

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

www.heraldsun.com.au...

Of course I called someone out, the burden of proof is on them...........thats how the forum works...

If you make a claim its up to you to put up the evidence....

From the source

Putin is widely expected to win a historic third term as president next month, after serving two terms in 2000-2008 in which he waged a brutal campaign against Muslim insurgents in the North Caucasus republic of Chechnya.

.......how is this some sort of "conspiracy" to pin it on Iran?

more than likely to keep Russia from backing Iran and Syria when they do get attacked but hey, what do I know.

Im just a moron that plays shenanigans. .........................

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join