It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a grand unified theory, one-fits all, about life?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Yes but you are still focusing on "4".

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula

If its like maths whats your answer?

Why does my personal answer matter? Everyone has their own beliefs, of which they also believe is the one TRUE belief. I'm no different, nor do I suspect many others are. Mine revolves around Christ.

Originally posted by absolutely

bc truth in truth is not an equation but a fact of absolute superiority values right to exist always

I agree with this part 100%. I'm not giving a perfect analogy, but rather an example of how life, though complex, can still be as simple as 2 + 2, even though people have different viewpoints, with larger and larger equations, there can still be only one answer; 4. How we assume "4" is the answer is another story altogether.

Originally posted by calnorak

Yes but you are still focusing on "4".

We'll, yes. Of course. Without the answer, the questions would be pointless; and without the questions, who would be in need of an answer?

The question is, what is the answer?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

no i cant translate u r gonna b very disappointed of the end

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

We'll, yes. Of course. Without the answer, the questions would be pointless; and without the questions, who would be in need of an answer?

I couldn't have stated it more eloquently. (and I am not being sarcastic, this is the concept I tried to communicate, but kept coming short)

Ok so the quote thing isn't' working for me.
edit on 26-2-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Well is there?
Everybody has its own formula, there are tons of books telling you the real answer.
Do you still believe there is a one-fits all theory about life?
I am not saying there isn't...
I think each life has its own meaning, its own theory that works, its own explanations.
But is there a common goal to all humans?

The concept of 'Life' is like a math formula, and can be as simple as 2 + 2.

No one respond with that "no right or wrong beliefs" or "different viewpoints" excuse, either. 2 + 2 will always equal 4. If anyone believes it equals -12, they will be wrong.

There can be only one answer. If you want; only one way, truth, and life.
If you disagree, by default you believe 2 + 2 can = ∞

Sew what about We that believe 0 + 0 = ∞

Where dew We stand in the grand scheme of things?

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

u r then meaning life of oness which is evil by essence

an objective perspective is a free sense, relative to true existence
a perspective of objective freedom is a living sense, relative to true reality

this equation is an open gate to evil free powers in freedom wills abuse

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yes, there is one overarching reason for life - all life - within a reality confine like the one we inhabit. In fact, this specific reality confine was initiated for one and only one reason. The thing is that regardless of how very specific the reason for our own, or any reality confine, is, the primordial driver for all that exists and does anything whatsoever is raw survival, and even though it gets pretty difficult to recognize this within the layers of shifting imperative expressions when examined from our own point of perspective, survival really is the one-size-fits-all unification theory concerning progressive physical development.

Regardless of the complexity of the formula cluttering up a chalkboard somewhere, it all comes down to the fact that whatever it is that exists, it must do what is possible to maintain that existence until it can no longer maintain it. And most of the time, that involves increasing complexity, layering and even assembly matrixing with the intent of extending the identity of the holon that provides that existential identity to all that combines to create that holon. That one fact concerning reality is responsible for all that ever comes into existence at all levels.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Math is the invention of man =) so that could be debated

Math is what man created to measure the building blocks of
the universe.
edit on 26-2-2012 by TimesUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Yes, there is one overarching reason for life - all life - within a reality confine like the one we inhabit. In fact, this specific reality confine was initiated for one and only one reason. The thing is that regardless of how very specific the reason for our own, or any reality confine, is, the primordial driver for all that exists and does anything whatsoever is raw survival, and even though it gets pretty difficult to recognize this within the layers of shifting imperative expressions when examined from our own point of perspective, survival really is the one-size-fits-all unification theory concerning progressive physical development.

Regardless of the complexity of the formula cluttering up a chalkboard somewhere, it all comes down to the fact that whatever it is that exists, it must do what is possible to maintain that existence until it can no longer maintain it. And most of the time, that involves increasing complexity, layering and even assembly matrixing with the intent of extending the identity of the holon that provides that existential identity to all that combines to create that holon. That one fact concerning reality is responsible for all that ever comes into existence at all levels.

That's the Complexity Theory, which will go to the exteme until it cannot maintain itself any longer, but the Simplicity Theory is the exact opposite. It maintains simplicity, thus, it can never kNot maintain itself.

Thus, Simplicity is Forever, while Complexity is but a fleeting moment.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimesUp

Math is the invention of man =) so that could be debated

Math is what man created to measure the building blocks of
the universe.

If you think man is responsible for anything, you have bought into this Matrix, thus, you have bought the illusion and are delusional for it.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Originally posted by NorEaster

That's the Complexity Theory, which will go to the exteme until it cannot maintain itself any longer, but the Simplicity Theory is the exact opposite. It maintains simplicity, thus, it can never kNot maintain itself.

Thus, Simplicity is Forever, while Complexity is but a fleeting moment.

Ribbit

Information concerning the fact that complexity is the most successful of all temporary efforts to maintain existence is what is "forever". And yes, information is very simple by comparison. No moving parts whatsoever, and each unit within each fact cluster is immutable. Nothing simpler than a fact that reflects the occurrence of change, and nothing more permanent. That said, information is never a driver at the primordial level. It only represents the impact of the drivers, and eventually establishes avenues of potential progressive development by way of contextual default.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Manula

YES!

And the summary of THAT theory is "We just don't know ®".

edit on 26/2/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

I agree!!!

"All that I know is that the more I know, the more I realize there is exponentially more that I don't know."
- Sahabi

I don't know about you guys, but everytime I seek out an answer to a question.... that answer leads me to two more questions. Then each of the answers to those two questions leads me to two more questions about each answer!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Summary:

One says its like maths 2+2=4, life is like this, there is no subjectivity, there is only one truth.

Others say, that the common goals are to avoid pain and attract love.

Others say that the common goal of life is to survive and reproduce.

I think we will never know.

One thing is certain: to wish something is common to everyone, the wish to do, the wish not to do, the wish to get, the wish to give, the wish to feel, there are many wishes, but i think everyone has its own wishes, so i think to wish something and make it happen, is the common base of all life.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There is an even more general theory than the grand, unified theory of life. It is the grand, unified theory of reality. This includes the grand, unified theories of matter and biological life.
The mathematical details of this "theory" (only it's not a theory!) are set out here. It has been shown to predict (among many other things):
1. M-theory (the grand, unified theory of matter);
2. the 64 codons and anticodons of mRNA and tRNA;
3. the bone composition of the human skeleton.
4. the system of 361 classical acupuncture points and 14 acupuncture meridians.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

They can all be true.

There can be only one objective reality with one truth and the common goals is to avoid pain, survive, and attract love...

In fact, this seems very accurate to what we all know to be true.

When people say that there is more than one reality, they are misusing the word "reality" for "perspective".

There is one reality, and we all project our own perspective onto it.
----------------------------

As for a grand unified theory, how about this:

From nothing, everything comes. From the void/vacuum/nothingness we know that particles can pop into existence, and we also know that everything is 99% empty space.

So maybe it is the emptiness of nothing that connects all things. This nothing is stillness, motionless, emotionless, it is pure free-will and peace. From there all things come.

This is just a theory. If something is flawed please point it out, thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Res Ipsa

Some people like pain and avoid love, is it wrong to them? To you, yes, but to them, is it wrong?

How can you be sure?

Yes, there is something wrong with them. Mental illness exists. Nobody, no human, avoids love if they are healthy minded. No exception. For every example you try and come up with, I will counter with mental illness. So don't bother. Every healthy human will try and draw breath and fight for the next. Love is breath for the soul.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
r>=0

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Know thyself.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Let me give you an example:

Suppose that for karmic reasons, a soul needs to live a situation of being exploited and abused (to know what it is to be abused, maybe because of past abuses)..
Someone must be the abuser. There is another souls that needs to abuse this time, in order to know what it is to abuse (maybe to feel compassion for the abuser, that lacked in the past) so their needs match.
One soul needs to be abused, the other soul needs to abuse. They must do this, learn from the experience and move on.

This is done for the greater good of those souls but in an earthly point of view the abuser is wrong, and the abused is a victim to be saved.

But these souls are friends and they agreed to do this.

Now what?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yup! actually it is better understood now than when it was first explained. Beyond the human exterior is the spirit interior. This "spirit"is pure energy. This energy is neither male nor female, black nor white, but is the energy that created all things. We are all one in the same of a larger body. In other words, the "spirit" or "energy" that you are is what created all things. We are portions of the whole. Thus energy is in all things and all things are within it. One in the same, no ending, no beginning...eternal. Check it out:

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join