It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to announce aerial blockade on Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
We are going to lose alot of planes for nothing. The syrian air defense system is deadly-sa6 and tor-1 is very modern. even the israelis avoid flying over syria except in drones when they hit syria. Israel has had to screw up their computer systems because the missles are deadly.

and the syrians dont take prisoners they pull your eyes out then they hang you

I do not understand why we dont just fire missles into syria first and take out their air defense command like in libya .I pray to Jesus that I'm wrong but our jets are going to start getting shot down-syria is no libya and no iraq. they have the right equipment to get our most advanced jets.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wow they want to aid in the prevention of syrias violent crackdown on protesters.....

What about american policia's violent crack down on OWS? Who aided us... oh its different. because its against the us government.

Its ok to protest, except if its against the US Government, and/or their banker bosses.

Got it.

edit on 26-2-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: and or if then

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sedona5602

Syria has S300s which are very good but there is a limit to the salvo attack these can take. US has stealth cruise missiles which can be fired from out of range of S300s.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
wtf is an aerial blockade. are they going to shot down a fed ex plane if a syrian ordered a dorito shaped like elvis on ebay.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Who the hell flies those planes?!?! Or is everything drones these days? Like honestly who in the US Armed forces would listen to their superiors in Washington these days :/ Direct superiors that they personally have respect for I can see but.

It just seems like theirs so many places along the line for people to stop and use a little logic. Im sure most Americans would like to start building back their good image as opposed to Curbstomping more nations....

*Coup... *WW3... is where we are at. These are our choices world. And I smell revolution. A real one not a CIA Prepped one too....

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by MidnightTide
You will have to remember that Syria has an advanced missile program, if they feel they are going to be taken out I can see a massive missile strike against Israel and allied countries in that region.

Also, I see that gas prices in the states has risen to 5/gal in some regions - I think that will be cheap if all out war erupts in the middle east.

They also have one of the largest stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons on the planet. Remember that there were no WMD's found in Iraq? How much ya wanna bet that Saddam transferred every bit of it to Assad? Yeah, I know, Assad is Shia and Saddam was Sunni, hardly likely bedfellows. However, remember what happened during Desert Storm? Saddam flew his entire air force to Shia dominated Iran, a country with which he had just been in a deadly 9 year war.
edit on 2/26/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Exactly, and to be sure Iran will not stay silent, it can not. Syria is one of Iran's few allies in the region, they can not stand back and let it fall. You can be sure Hezbollah will not stand back either.

If this does go down, the entire middle east will be involved.....and you can be sure it is going to be felt all around the globe.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A US carrier not currently in the Mediterranean has nothing to do with anti-ship missiles in Syria. That is simply armchair warrior thinking. Will you be ringing the Pentagon and telling them to now scrap all their carriers due to anti-ship missiles? Do you not think that carriers can operate outside the range of such missiles and still deploy their aircraft onto target?

Well, Yeah, it is armchair warrior..or strategic planner thinking. True. That describes about 99.9% of the people here. That .1% would be the rare person who actually has a top level position in national or military leadership and actually comes here in their free time. Must be one or two.. maybe...
Beyond that. Well.. Aren't we all? lol...

Now I'm going by having personally lived through the times to have watched and remembered the little wars the U.S. has fought going back to Panama. This is *THE FIRST* time in America's History as a modern blue water Naval power that we've had a hand directly in a situation that could turn to war, along a coastline, and a U.S. Aircraft Carrier hasn't been within easy striking distance.

We have TWO off the coast of Iran, but at least one of those is in honest to goodness work on something entirely different. The Pirates haven't given up and U.S. Obligations in Anti-Piracy operations need maintained, even with all this going on.

3 of our 11 Carrier Battle Groups are actually out of port. 1 of those appears to be running circles in the Pacific as I've watched the weekly U.S. Naval Deployment maps over the past few weeks.

So.. Why..for the first time since we took to calling the 7 Seas our personal waterpark..is the U.S. Navy taking a total pass on being a part of a MAJOR coastal operation? I'm guessing missiles designed specifically to sink them WOULD be the reason, actually.

Once those Missiles are removed and/or captured along the coast, I'll bet we do actually see a carrier coming off the East Coast or a shuffle along the Indian Ocean to get one back in the Med. The Navy is powerful. They aren't suicidally stupid. Even they are likely to be elsewhere until such a serious threat is gone.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
When was the last time Israel was attacked?? Yesterday?? I dont think so, I believe it was Thailand or something to that affect?? I dont quite understand this whole Iran, Russia, China thing unless it involves some sort of Military Intervention. I dont recall the last time I have heard a USA Russia trade agreement unless it involves reducing Nuclear Weapons. Was the Cold War a Sham?? Is the Current China Russia hoopla with them supposedly supporting Syria (just like they supported Lybia and Iraq and Serbia and Georgia and etc). And is Russia still having there problem with Chechnya or did we turn our blind eye to that destruction and that whole Country is now turned to dust. Not sure, haven't heard anything about that for a while. Anyway, its all BS unless we bring all our troops home and let the chips fall where they may. I think the confusion would be so great that it may fall right where we want them too.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Despite any advanced anti air capability, the air blockade will work,.
Why?because an airblockade is begun by destroying the area to be blockadeds anti aircraft weaapons....
Till they have a count of the vast majority of the anti air missiles destroyed, nothing much but stealth planes and anti radar wild weasels will fly over that place....
The cruise missiles will be pumped into Syrias air defenses in mass salvos....just like |Lybia....just like Iraq...
Not too many vulnerable aircraft will be ventured before the all clear is sounded on Syrias air defenses....
I dont imagine that every mission will be fully recovered, but losses due to mounted anti aircraft fire will be light.
There does remain the puzzle of how the patrolling jets will deal with any shoulder fired missiles remaining...
This could be problematic, though Libyan experience seems to indicate these are not the weapon of choice for arabic speaking troops....why? i dont understand....i fully expected a fair amount of low level flight shootdowns from such things...they never did materialise.....perhaps here too it will be the same....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Bosnia? Same story in my mind. Just different twist and locations.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wow!
Thanks for the heads up!

I had been expecting news like this sooner or later, but to see it right there in black in white is stunning.

When news like this starts to come from MSM sources, that will mean it's go-time without any doubt.

Time to prepare ATS!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I see bad things about to go down with Syria and I dont even want to think about how the conflict with Iran will pan out. There are just way too many bad omens in plain sight right now.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by Trueman
Any other source besides infowars?...It's not that I don't believe you, but you know the general opinion about A.J. here right?

Its from YNetNews
A Jewish news website

Why do they always know more then US media

That kind of article is what make the zionist jews in Iran VERY VERY HAPPY
they have been waiting for that
edit on 2/26/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Damn . wish i could edit my post after 4 hrs for small mistake

Correct phrase :
That kind of article is what make the zionist jews in Israel VERY VERY HAPPY

sure many have understand what i was meaning .. but just to clarify

edit on 2/27/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

It would be foolish for Assad to fight the anti air blockade. A mini civil war going on right now in Homs and some other cities, the injured and wounded are still Syrians and it is minimum human requirement to attend to those and also the one's who are not fighting but trapped in the fight zone. Assad should however ask that his troops be allowed to inspect the Red Cross cargo heading to these areas. It should not take more than 1 hour even using mere human assets to inspect. 400 men at 4 attending to 1 truck can easily scan through 100 trucks in half an hour. "No issues no tussle" and human needs cargo moves on.

Assad is a fool by shelling and bombarding the Homs area. His troops should just cordon off the area and let only food and medical supplies pass through. If his forces are attacked then they should respond. The entrapped fighters will run out of ammo and will to fight in few weeks.

Mr. Assad, don't be a fool like Gaddahfi, treat your citizens with basic human compassion and care. Random bombardment and leaving wounded civilians to starve and perish will get you bad name and that is just the beginning of tougher measures down the road.
edit on 27-2-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADMX101
reply to post by Ben81

I see bad things about to go down with Syria and I dont even want to think about how the conflict with Iran will pan out. There are just way too many bad omens in plain sight right now.

bad things ? you cant even imagine how bad it will look like after the first strike falls on Syria

Attack Syria and you attack Iran
attack Iran and you attack China and Russia

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Anyone have any credible news sources regarding this? Infowars is hardly credible. This sounds like the no fly zone that was suppose to be occurring every week for the last 4 months that has never materialized. Sorry-i wont believe this until i see it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Mind me asking this, what is the difference between an aerial blockade to imposing a no-fly zone?

I am going to assume a no-fly zone is done through legal decisions (UN, etc). Does this mean the US is deciding this single handedly, and going against UN decisions?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Know whats funny? A lot of article headlines on infowars are now showing up as threads here on ATS, as if they are actually true...
weird

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Exactly which is somewhat ironic because people on here are always talking about "sheeple" and how folks will believe anything yet threads like this are started every day. This place is too funny...the hipocracy on here is mind-blowing.

Originally posted by Gwampo
reply to post by Ben81

Know whats funny? A lot of article headlines on infowars are now showing up as threads here on ATS, as if they are actually true...
weird

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
bad things ? you cant even imagine how bad it will look like after the first strike falls on Syria

Attack Syria and you attack Iran
attack Iran and you attack China and Russia

Trust me in this, China will not do anything substantial to thwart the western attack on Iran or Syria. UN Veto is the most they will, do not expect anything from them in economic or military sense. China is one selfish sick country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join