It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to announce aerial blockade on Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ahhhhhh fudge here, can't we all enjoy life and just do our thing anymore?

Why the heck is all this crap going down? This is so depressing because we all know now this is it.

War is here now, goofballs every one of the suckers.
S&F
Regards, one pissed off Iwinder

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by Vitchilo

How the hell would Iraq stop the Iranian Army when half of Iraq is loyal to Iran? Never mind Iraq does not have the weapons to do so.

If Iran does something stupid like attack Iraq, they basically commit suicide since the US will declare war on Iran. No way they do that.

But eh, let's say Iran does something stupid and do that. They will need to do a build up right on the Iraqi border right? There's no way it ain't detected beforehand...

But let's say it is and Iran makes it half way through Iraq.

What's on the other side of Iraq? Turkey... Turkey could kick Iran's butt easily... or Turkey could stay out of it (very unlikely)...

Worst case scenario, Iran, along with lots of loyalists in Iraq, make it through to Israel... somehow...(let's all forget the 1000 miles+ supply line and the 300 000+ troops in Iraq who hate Iranians) And then Syria, Iran, Iraq, Egypt and Hezbollah start attacking Israel...and Israel starts getting it's butt kicked... well that's when nukes start to drop...

So EVEN if all went 110% according to plan (which has no way in hell of happening) for the ``bad guys``... they still wouldn't win.

So no, Iran won't make it to Israel.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
It was just a mather of time
I knew they were going to attack Iran since 2005
one day or the other ..
The WMD reason didnt work this time

Now they have a big open door in Syria that will lead to an Iran confrontation

That mean US and Nato is not scared anymore of China and Russia .. that will be their biggest mistake and the downfall of Nato itself.

Remember what China said .. it was willing to risk a WW3 to protect their interests in Syria and Iran

Russia election is just ahead (March) ..
and if Putin is elected .. he could stay in office for 20 yrs

His first order next month .. since he have good chance to be President once again
his to mobilise its troop for Syria in case Nato decide to invade

According to the official, the intervention scenario calls for the establishment of a buffer zone on the Turkish border, in order to receive Syrian refugees. The Red Cross would then provide the civilians humanitarian aid, before NATO crews would arrive from Turkey and join the efforts.

The measure would pave the way for the US to declare an aerial blockade on Syria.

The intercession is to be modeled after NATO’s efforts in Kosovo, which brought an end to the Serbian control of the region. NATO’s plan of action included prolonged aerial shelling.

What else do you need .. we are about to enter another war
the exception .. this war will not finish in a few weeks like Lybia.

YNetNews
www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/26/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

You've known they were going to attack Iran since 2005? I've known since 1979.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

How the hell would Iraq stop the Iranian Army when half of Iraq is loyal to Iran? Never mind Iraq does not have the weapons to do so.

They'll never have to... I don't know why anyone talks about Iran moving any form of land army toward Israel. That's foolish and of all the nations, the historic Persian Empire would be the ones to understand it. Talk about over-reach for logistics, if nothing else.

What Iran DOES have to cross Iraq and clobber Israel with are missiles. Lots of them. Fields of them. MOUNTAINS of them. Not Nukes..... Those may or may not exist...and may or may not be used..whatever. The conventional ones are no joke though. That is how I see Iran meeting their side of the Military Alliance with Syria.

The forecast may be rain. Heavy rain....of missiles. From US bases in Afghanistan to Tel Aviv once things really get going. That's the thing isn't it? When this balloon goes up, no one has much to lose since everyone knows how it ends for leaders who lose these things in modern times.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by Ben81
It was just a mather of time
I knew they were going to attack Iran since 2005
one day or the other ..
The WMD reason didnt work this time

Now they have a big open door in Syria that will lead to an Iran confrontation

That mean US and Nato is not scared anymore of China and Russia .. that will be their biggest mistake and the downfall of Nato itself.

Remember what China said .. it was willing to risk a WW3 to protect their interests in Syria and Iran

Russia election is just ahead (March) ..
and if Putin is elected .. he could stay in office for 20 yrs

His first order next month .. since he have good chance to be President once again
his to mobilise its troop for Syria in case Nato decide to invade

According to the official, the intervention scenario calls for the establishment of a buffer zone on the Turkish border, in order to receive Syrian refugees. The Red Cross would then provide the civilians humanitarian aid, before NATO crews would arrive from Turkey and join the efforts.

The measure would pave the way for the US to declare an aerial blockade on Syria.

The intercession is to be modeled after NATO’s efforts in Kosovo, which brought an end to the Serbian control of the region. NATO’s plan of action included prolonged aerial shelling.

What else do you need .. we are about to enter another war
the exception .. this war will not finish in a few weeks like Lybia.

YNetNews
www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/26/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

You've known they were going to attack Iran since 2005? I've known since 1979.

I wasnt born at that time

but in 1979 .. it wasnt not has obvious has it is today

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Putin is going to have a difficult time getting elected.
reply to post by Xcathdra

He isn't, Those Protesters are nothing more then Communists and Neo Nazi Nationalists, these two groups that i have mentioned are very radical, worse then Putin himself.

Your suppose to claim they are payed agents of the west like Putin. Get with the program. No one is going to buy neo-nazis and Commies making human chains and protesting like hippies. Thats why you sell them as payed agents of the west.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

They'll never have to... I don't know why anyone talks about Iran moving any form of land army toward Israel. That's foolish and of all the nations, the historic Persian Empire would be the ones to understand it. Talk about over-reach for logistics, if nothing else.

What Iran DOES have to cross Iraq and clobber Israel with are missiles. Lots of them. Fields of them. MOUNTAINS of them. Not Nukes..... Those may or may not exist...and may or may not be used..whatever. The conventional ones are no joke though. That is how I see Iran meeting their side of the Military Alliance with Syria.

The forecast may be rain. Heavy rain....of missiles. From US bases in Afghanistan to Tel Aviv once things really get going. That's the thing isn't it? When this balloon goes up, no one has much to lose since everyone knows how it ends for leaders who lose these things in modern times.

it's in that first wave strike of missiles that it would become logisitically possible for a move, a sort of "creeping barrage" if you will. not miles and miles of advancement, but enough to start mobilizing towards that general direction as the second and third waves come in.

also I believe as time goes on, a conventional war seems limited to a few battlefields rather then a widespread, million man conflict of the past. in that first wave missile strike, they could send 3-4 sleeper cell groups of 6-7 trained operators, for Israeli or vice versa, Iranian leadership to assassinate as they try to relocate to a safer position etc...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

If Iran does something stupid like attack Iraq, they basically commit suicide since the US will declare war on Iran. No way they do that.

No way that would ever happen. Iran has been helping Iraq quite a bit and I really think that Iraq would just let Iran pass through. I was going to provide a link to a story on the Islamic Republic News Agency site about how Iran was prepared to take in more Mojahedin Khalq Organization terrorists that wanted to return to Iran from Iraq but for some reason everytime I try to pull up the site it says either "site not available" or "Oops, Page not found".

Here is a link to the same subject from Mehrnews www.mehrnews.com...

I have tried to search it using google, yahoo, and bing and even tried on my phone to view it with no success. What makes this really strange is I was reading an article on their site yesterday about Iran doing a big deal with Turkey for oil.

Now this really has me wondering if it is due to the events that are about to unfold and am wondering if TPTB are censoring the site for disinformation purposes.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

No way that would ever happen. Iran has been helping Iraq quite a bit and I really think that Iraq would just let Iran pass through.

I doubt everyone in the Iraqi army would agree. Some units would break off and fight the Iranians... especially the Kurdish units.

What Iran DOES have to cross Iraq and clobber Israel with are missiles. Lots of them. Fields of them. MOUNTAINS of them.

Not really. Only 200-300 can make it to Israel... and ``make it`` is a stretch.

Syria got a few hundreds Scuds and a few thousands medium/short range missiles... Hezbollah got 45 000... mostly short range.

Even the IDF is expecting 15 000+ missiles to hit Israel if another war breaks out.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
HELL NO! Americans have paid enough! It is not our place to fight for Israel.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I only see one problem in estimating the number of missiles here and it's a biggie. Iran doesn't buy it's missiles the way Libya and Iraq pretty well had to. They've spent decades developing domestic arms production at high techology levels. Most of it is underground. So most of the production is what we have to guess at.

It seems that since Iran actually does outright shoot traitors and spies, there isn't an abundance of them to really say anything accurate enough to go on. It's a heck of a way to enter a war isn't it? So much guess work and unknowns. Even the number of nations who'll come in fighting for which side isn't 100% crystal clear.

Wasn't this kind of ill advised adventurism by a previous President exactly what got this one elected? The promise that it wouldn't happen again? Of all the promises to break...why did it have to be this one?

edit on 26-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here's some more evidence of just how bad this could get, the secretary general of World Assembly of Islamic Awakening states Russia, China, Iran, Iraq, and Hezbollah's support of Syria.

Link

TextTEHRAN, Feb. 23 (MNA) – Ali Akbar Velayati, the secretary general of World Assembly of Islamic Awakening (WAIA), says the U.S. and certain Arab countries have launched an intensive campaign to topple the Damascus government but they are “ignorant” of the fact that Iran, Iraq, and Hezbollah are on the side of the Syrian government.

Click link for full story.

It would seem that TPTB are hell bent on pushing until we are all caught up in a massive conflict. I really hate to say it but if this powderkeg explodes it will be massive and there are very few of us that wont have a high probability of seeing bloodshed on our own soil.

We have become a world run by madmen on both sides of the isle and those same madmen are truly playing with a fire they may not be able to control.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Irakis fighting their brothers the Iranians ?
putting their lifes at risk for the occupation force
that has killed more in 10 yrs then Saddam in 40 yrs

Yeah right

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A US carrier not currently in the Mediterranean has nothing to do with anti-ship missiles in Syria. That is simply armchair warrior thinking. Will you be ringing the Pentagon and telling them to now scrap all their carriers due to anti-ship missiles? Do you not think that carriers can operate outside the range of such missiles and still deploy their aircraft onto target?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

America did not unveil the F-117 till the first bombing raid over Iraq, so don't be surprised if we do it again with something that can cloak and haul butt at the same time.

The US revealed the F-117 to the public in 1988.

www.f-117a.com...

First combat use of F-117 was in Panama during 1989.

articles.dailypress.com...

Iraq (Desert Storm) was 1991.
edit on 26-2-2012 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You will have to remember that Syria has an advanced missile program, if they feel they are going to be taken out I can see a massive missile strike against Israel and allied countries in that region.

Also, I see that gas prices in the states has risen to 5/gal in some regions - I think that will be cheap if all out war erupts in the middle east.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
HELL NO! Americans have paid enough! It is not our place to fight for Israel.

Ummm, wut? Israel has nothing to do with this. See, there is the unholy CIA-backed Sunni al-Qaeda/Muslim Brotherhood monstrosity that is fighting the Shia Alawite regime of Bashar Assad. Homie, there's not a Jew in sight.

It's people that have an irrational hate for Israel that are the real problem in this world. Tiny Israel, the size of a postage stamp and populated by less than 8 million people (20% of whom are Arab Muslims), is surrounded by 22 hostile Muslim countries that make up more than a fifth of the world's population at over a Billion and a half adherents that want the Jews dead. Let's not forget the countless Westerners who wish the same thing.

Their argument is that the Temple Mount in Jerusalem is the third holiest site in Islam. Well it's the ONLY holy site for the Jews! If one wants to get into who was there first, the al-Aqsa Mosque is built on the ruins of the last Jewish Temple so I'd say the evidence is pretty overwhelming. The Arabs say it's theirs because of their belief that any land conquered by Islam is Islamic territory forever. I call BS.

The Jews were there first, it is their ancestral homeland, and whether you believe in God or not they do, At least they say they do. In the Book of Genesis - considered holy by all three Abrahamic religions, including Islam - it is stated that all of the land from the Nile to the Euphrates was to be the "Everlasting possession" of the descendants of Abraham through Issac; the Jews.

Even the Koran says that the land belongs to the Jews:

Mohammed says the Quran presents Moses “as God’s revolutionary” who “leads a people despised and tormented for no other reason than that they worshipped God, out of the land of bondage to the Promised Holy Land.”

The professor quotes from Chapter 5: 20-21, which says Moses declared, “O my people! Remember the bounty of God upon you when He bestowed prophets upon you, and made you kings and gave you that which had not been given to anyone before you amongst the nations. O my people! Enter the Holy Land which God has written for you, and do not turn tail, otherwise you will be losers.”

Mohammed points specifically to the reference to the Holy Land as a place God has “written” for the Israelites, a term that conveys, in Jewish and Islamic understandings, a “meaning of finality, decisiveness and immutability.”

“So the simple fact is then,” he says, “from a faith-based point of view: If God has ‘written’ Israel for the people of Moses, who can change this?” Scholar: Quran says Israel belongs to Jews

And he's not the only Muslim scholar that thinks so.

For people that seem to take their faith seriously, to the point of murdering any who don't believe the way they do (including other Muslims) they sure do like to ignore important parts of their own scripture when it suits their needs. But then again, they're just following the example of their prophet aren't they?

By his own admission Mohammed was a liar who broke treaties when it suited his purposes, a thief who robbed caravans, a murderer who turned the women of his victims into sexual slaves, and yes, a pedophile. He married Aisha when she was six and had sex with her when she was nine; when she was (and should have been,) by his own testimony in the Koran, "playing with dolls." He was 53.

Yeah, what a guy to consider "holy."

Sorry for getting off on a rant. I just get sick and tired of posts that blame Israel for every evil thing that goes on in the world. Believe me, the Arabs are totally capable of killing each other without any help from the Jews.

If the Muslims would just agree to let the Jews - their brothers (Issac and Ismael) - live on that tiny patch of land, which was a barren wasteland before their arrival suitable only for sheep, there would be no problems in the M.E.; but no, even if it means denying their own holy scripture, they have to have it all don't they?
edit on 2/26/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Debka reports that Saudi King Fahd banged the phone on Russia's Medvedev when he called asking for support to Russian plans for Syrian cease fire. Few months ago, Russian ambassador to Quatar was openly assaulted in the Airport and beaten like a common thief. Russians putting up with alot these days.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Sorry for getting off on a rant. I just get sick and tired of posts that blame Israel for every evil thing that goes on in the world. Believe me, the Arabs are totally capable of killing each other without any help from the Jews. If the Muslims would just agree to let the Jews - their brothers (Issac and Ismael) - to live on that tiny patch of land, which was a barren wasteland before their arrival suitable only for sheep, there would be no problems in the M.E.; but no, even if it means denying their own holy scripture, they have to have it all don't they?
reply to post by OldCorp

I agree to this. Muslims, when they are not fighting with others, then they are fighting among themselves. They like to fight as education and culture wise they like to remain primitive so mind has energy built up.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
You will have to remember that Syria has an advanced missile program, if they feel they are going to be taken out I can see a massive missile strike against Israel and allied countries in that region.

Also, I see that gas prices in the states has risen to 5/gal in some regions - I think that will be cheap if all out war erupts in the middle east.

They also have one of the largest stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons on the planet. Remember that there were no WMD's found in Iraq? How much ya wanna bet that Saddam transferred every bit of it to Assad? Yeah, I know, Assad is Shia and Saddam was Sunni, hardly likely bedfellows. However, remember what happened during Desert Storm? Saddam flew his entire air force to Shia dominated Iran, a country with which he had just been in a deadly 9 year war.
edit on 2/26/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join