It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original Sin, Free Will and Contraception

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Practical birth control for a sexually active married woman is NOT condoms.

Doesn't matter. A 25 cent condom .. free birth control pills at the planned parenthood ... whatever. No one has a 'right' to free birth control. It's a commodity. Not a right. Sorry but thats just the truth.

This wouldn't be covered, as I understand it, right?

The only thing they object to is the actual birth control .... the pill .. the IUD ... both of those are abortificants. There is some movement within the church to accept barrier methods (condom .. sponge .. spermicide) ... but that hasn't been officially decided. But visits to the doctor, pelvic exams, pap tests ... that's all covered. Those have nothing to do with the abortificants.

The church may say that every seed is sacred and decry onanism, but call it what it is, forcing a woman to conceive and bare children, without being able to say no.

Sure. see my thread - outbreeding the enemy
But that's their right to believe it. And the First Amendment is on their side.

edit on 2/27/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by DustbowlDebutante
As for Catholic-based employers not offering birth control to their employees...yes, I think it's wrong and I think they are forcing their religious doctrine on others via mixing religion and business .

What part of CATHOLIC CHURCH hospital don't you get? It's an outreach from the hospital. If people working there are so uptight about getting free birth control, they can go work elsewhere ... or just go to the local planned parenthood clinic and get it there ... or go to any gas station/drug store and pay 25 cents for a freak'n condom.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

No offense or anything, but I DID go on to say that finding employment elsewhere is a very reasonable alternative for women who want their birth control provided thru employer-provided insurance. No need to be so rude or bite my head off.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I understand that the bill requires the employer or the insurance company to cover birth control, through their prepaid plan, at no co-pay. Free medical coverage isn't a right either, but it's part of the employer employee contract. Employees usually pay their part of company provided medical insurance. I'm not saying free birth control is a right.

But, if employers offer their employees medical insurance, I am in favor of standardizing that coverage, regardless of religious preference. It's a slippery slope. What if a Jehovah Witness owns a business and decides he wants his insurance taylored to exclude blood transfusions to any of his employees because it's against his business?

I find the church's behavior deplorable, unacceptable and hypocritical. . At least 93% of Catholic women would rather deal with God's judgement than an unwanted pregnancy. They can't even convince their own congegration to comply, but a want to deny their employees, who may not even be Catholic to comply. They are leading the way against fair health care coverage, and it's irresponsible and pure evil.

They changed their mind on Galileo and eating meet on Friday, they need to bend on this.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join