It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magnificent Power of Planet Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This thread is inspired by a really freaky dream I had last night in which a volcano erupted, we could see the lava flow coming at us while we scrambled around grabbing anything important to flee. The flow kept coming and we couldn't seem to actually leave, one thing or another came up when we thought we could go. So it gets to the point where the lava is nearly at the building we are in and I am watching it come closer and as soon at it hit the building I woke up.

Naturally my first reaction is to get on the internet and search for videos of Volcano eruptions
I found some really good ones!

I guess this first one might be from a movie so sorry about that!

Well there you have it, an example of the awesome power that is the element of Fire. The power of our planet never ceases to amaze me and that's just one element; there's still Earth, (Earthquakes etc) Air, (Tornadoes etc) and Water (Hurricanes etc)

It is truly awe-inspiring when you watch these forces at work!

edit on 26-2-2012 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The first video you posted is not real. Its special FX from a movie.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
The first video you posted is not real. Its special FX from a movie.

You sure? I tired to be careful about that! Sorry!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

Why not just delete the video from the movie?

Also, I think lightning and tornadoes are more powerful than volcanoes...lightning gives no warning before striking, and can kill in a split second. Tornadoes have driven plastic straws through trees, not to mention leveling towns.

Volcanoes do a lot of rumbling and spewing, but are pretty rare. Also, they are unbelievably slow. You can, I believe, stop the lava flow. There's no stopping lightning or tornadoes.

If I had to fight mother nature, I would definitely choose the volcano. New Orleans might have had a chance if all it faced was lava.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by ucantcme

Why not just delete the video from the movie?

Also, I think lightning and tornadoes are more powerful than volcanoes...lightning gives no warning before striking, and can kill in a split second. Tornadoes have driven plastic straws through trees, not to mention leveling towns.

Volcanoes do a lot of rumbling and spewing, but are pretty rare. Also, they are unbelievably slow. You can, I believe, stop the lava flow. There's no stopping lightning or tornadoes.

If I had to fight mother nature, I would definitely choose the volcano. New Orleans might have had a chance if all it faced was lava.

I thought about deleting the first video but then I didn't want people to think the one after it was the one from a moive.

While not the most powerful element which is in fact water, I was talking about the feeling it brings me when watching a volcano erupt or expload. The force behind it is awe-inspiring. Volcanoes are only one example of fire.

As for choosing a volcano if you had to fight mother nature, survival would depend on which volcano it was!

No matter what force of nature you my be watching it will be Magnificent.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What the heck, I might as well post more

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Lets not compare apples with oranges,they are all as powerful as one another,but yes I think volcanoes,especially the sleeping supers (Yellowstone ect) would be the winners at the end of the day,if that goes and it will,good night USA , that's if they don't get nuked in the meantime

new topics

top topics

join