It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lengths some will go to ... (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm fairly convinced this conspicuously flashy display in video is hoax using an RC Plane harnessed with some fun pyrotechnics.

Viewed in Full screen at max resolution, you can see the silhouette of the RC Plane at head of the formation just before it all disappears behind the tree line.

I'm posting this as an example of what I feel is yet another cry for attention in using conspicuous displays in a conspicuous location (obvious astronomical observatory) by people that purposely stage, and film these kinds of things for whatever purpose it is they are attempting to accomplish.
Not only is this overly conspicuous, the video poster has taken the time to tag their logo to the video and add dramatic music for impact.
sad.

It just makes me sad, and upset that these kinds of activities are socially acceptable to some, entertaining to others, and that people in general are dishonest enough to even try this stuff.

Examples as this do nothing but confuse and muddy the waters of this UFO topic all the more than it already is without any help from fraudulent claims.

Mods, I've put this in UFOs since the video is a claim of UFO, but, this may fit in under Rant.

As said, I'm thoroughly convinced this in another example of a hoax. If you think otherwise, please convince me.

edit on 26-2-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Don't be mad at the idiots that make these moronic videos. You should be upset at the monumental amount of ignorance that permeates this very subject that gives stuff like this an actual audience. Videos like this are a symptom of our subject's apparent collective ignorance. It's not the programing, it's the audience. And it isn't going to change anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Or someone did this for a local attraction or just for fun with no intention of hoaxing anyone or even with UFO's in mind, but a passerby or another YT user saw the video and re-uploaded it and titled it to catch the eye of those of us interested in UFOs. My point is not everything that isn't a UFO is intended to be a scam or attention seeking.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's a great video. Wish I could see something like that.

It's just annoying someone's claiming it's ufos. Either they're easily taken in or they think the viewers will be.

They're twits! We aren't!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

I'm not sure that extreme negativity and rudeness is any better. In fact I would rather deal with extreme naivety in massive volumes. Flinging poo certainly doesn't accomplish anything.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The self promotional logo, and the dramatic music added, to me, speak otherwise.
This video was suppose to have occurred today?
Yet, they took the time to paste on a logo and add a sound track?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

They're twits! We aren't!

I beg to differ. While I know I'm not a twit, and you apparently know your not a twit......I just wanted to make sure your reading the same forum here as I am and how you could actually say that with a straight face. On the first page alone in this very forum are threads that are down right embarrassing in their collective ignorance. And gee, go figure....they have the most pages, lol. So lets see, idiotic threads get the most pages.....and we're not collectively twits? Doesn't add up for me.

The signal to noise ratio in this subject iss at the highest it has ever been, thanks to the internet and modern education systems combines with parents who think sending their moronic kid to school means they don't have to bother instilling basic common sense, reason and logic into their kids. Sad reflection on our society, not just in UFO's, but in all subject. I am convinced, thanks to the internet, that the average modern human is a total moron. Thank goodness I'm not near average. thanks Mom, thanks Dad!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

It's actually pretty old, at least a year and probably more...I saw this exact video quite a while ago, with different music lol.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

I'm not sure that extreme negativity and rudeness is any better. In fact I would rather deal with extreme naivety in massive volumes. Flinging poo certainly doesn't accomplish anything.

Pointing out reality isn't flinging poo or being rude. reality doesn't care what you believe, how smart you are, or if you can understand the real world...reality just is. Sorry, sucks to hear, I know. But I pointed out straight up how it works, no one wants to think they could be part of such a problem I know, but reality doesn't give two craps what anyone thinks.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Calm yerself doon. How do you know I said that with a straight face for a start?

I'm referring to myself and whoever posted above me on THIS thread, so far, who know that isn't a bunch of ufos in THAT video.

We're not twits. Some people are.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Except that reality contains more than just facts. It contains people with different opinions and views, different levels of intelligence, different levels of perception. We're not all born with skeptical silver spoon in our mouth, for some of us it takes time and kind people to point out our flawed perceptions. Sometimes even just ignoring an "idiotic" video or statement teaches a lesson. Verbal slapping doesn't teach anything but how to become more defensive and paranoid.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
whats even more sad, is some people think clouds are ufos

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

I thought an oil rig was a UFO once. Shat myself.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ophiuchus

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Not as bad as these two.

Almost looks like a starter from a 1979 Cadillac. LOL!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Ah, well, there's some of my very own ignorance showing through for taking something shown as uploaded 'today', and titled with today's date as being honest at least on that point.

Ah silly me. Apologies too to those who've seen this already, and if this has already been posted here.
My opening post point still stands in using this as an example, refried material and all.

One thing positive about overly conspicuous displays like this is, well, they're overly conspicuous.
If any intelligence zipping around were really going to pull out the stops and give off an overly conspicuous display, they should hurry up and land in Times Square, The White House Lawn, Central Park, come out, say 'hello', have a cup of tea, and what not.
Since none of that is happening, I'm subject toward a bias against any conspicuous display as being non-genuine.
Just say'n.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

At least the Unidentified Flying Cadillac Starter doesn't have soundtrack and logo, or background commentary, with repeat slow motion and zooms.

I can appreciate some decent CGI for being what it is, though attempting to pass it off as genuine is just wrong.

Where's the sense of responsibility and accountability?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by nineix

Or someone did this for a local attraction or just for fun with no intention of hoaxing anyone or even with UFO's in mind, but a passerby or another YT user saw the video and re-uploaded it and titled it to catch the eye of those of us interested in UFOs. My point is not everything that isn't a UFO is intended to be a scam or attention seeking.

I couldn't have said it better myself so...I won't bother.
I agree.
In fact, I think it's pretty cool looking.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

i had a thread on this or similar and it got debunked here...www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-2-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm still wondering why there hasn't been one solid piece of video that can be substantiated as proof. The shaky camera operator, underprocessed imagery, obvious pie pan flying, on-the-fly soundtrack to add to the 'new' video and, lastly, the lackluster display of awe from the video taker.

My luck, I would be the one with an excellent video, then, there is a global sighting. I hope this year promises something other than the onset of a 'new world order'.

I wonder if the UFOs recommended adding dubstep to many of the YouTube's videos?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join