It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object in Hampshire, United Kingdom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hi, a very long time since I have posted and a first for me with this type of question....

This afternoon (26th Feb, around 3pm GMT), I stepped outside to see if I could see the moon being it was a crystal clear blue sky and thought there might be a 'slim' chance I would see venus. As I looked up, something in the northeast caught my eye. I looked - it was bright (and dark!), and wondered if it was a plane or a parachutist. It became obvious it was some distance away. To put in context, I was in Romsey, looking in a direction towards Winchester, but the object was high. It was moving very slowly, so I ran inside and grabbed my Binos whilst my Kids kept watching it.

On grabbing my binos I could view it and saw it to be an object I have never seen before. It is very hard to describe, so I have made a (bad) sketch of it. I can only say it was a great distance away, which in theory would have made it a good size. It was rotating slowly and moving slowly (at first). Initially it seemed to get closer (as it got bigger), then it went higher (and smaller). I tried to hold my iPhone up to the binos to get an image or video, but could not get anything (which I realise is really annoying!). Then, in a blink it was gone.

There were 'four' lights in a 'off axis' shape, with a dark object in the middle - all connected together. The bottom 2 lights seemed bigger and really bright. The top 2 were more 'orange'. My thoughts are actually given the suns position, and the intensity of the lights that it was the sun reflecting off whatever it was (e.g. it was reflective or metallic).

I have absolutely no idea what this was, whether it was a balloon of some sort, a mechanical object or whatever. I do not know if there were any events taking place that could tie up - if it some sort of weather experiment... completely stumped me... hence adding it on here as I would love someone to possibly shed some light. My kids loved it but are as perplexed as me.

Really hoping someone has some ideas.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
why dont people take pictures of ufos anymore
cameras are cheap.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This has got me stumped. You should keep an eye on the press for the next few days as surely others will have seen it as well.

I found a google image which looks similar but I can't get it to link. Could it be some equipment tied to a cluster of parachutes?

edit on 26-2-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
cameras are cheap.

The guy just told you he did - with his phone - why don't people read anymore - it's free!

All you are asked to do is contribute constructively to the thread.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

cameras are cheap.

The guy just told you he did - with his phone - why don't people read anymore - it's free!

then why didnt he post a real picture?

the one he provided looks hand drawn.

not falling for it.

are you?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

Good description there and love the sketch. Yes it's weird when you see these odd things and frustrating too - it makes you feel like knocking on all your neighbours doors and shout look!

Does sound strange and even if you'd had a good clear pic - it would still get knocked because of all the hoaxes out there people don't want to be the one to say - "WOW I think you got a real UFO" to be made a fool of when someone finds it's a hoax.

Sadly I really believe we've missed some genuine photographic records of such events because of everyone being too quick to shout hoax. Yes we do need to be wary and you could well have seen your first UFO.

It really is the minority (proven vis surveys/questionnaires) that those who DON'T believe are now in the minority and are beginning to look like the fools as more and more evidence comes to light from viable witnesses.

Keep your eyes peeled and thanks for sharing what sounds like a genuine account.

S&F for taking the time.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

cameras are cheap.

then why didnt he post a real picture?

the one he provided looks hand drawn.

not falling for it.

are you?

HELLO - the one he provided IS HAND DRAWN - you really should change your AV as it appears Hand Drawn of some one who is all Muscle and No Brain.

There really should be a special forum for comments like this!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
From a Google image search it could be some equipment tied to a cluster of parachutes.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

Lol, I tried but could not get anything to show when trying to hold an iPhone up-to the eyepiece on my binos... just black. The iPhone didn't have a hope of picking the object up without magnification - so I've done the next best thing and drawn what I saw.

I'm not trying to say this was alien object so you saying 'not buying it' is to be fair, a bit daft. I'm honestly asking people if they have seen anything that might look like my (bad) sketch in the sky and if so, any ideas what it was.

I do actually have a really good camera with a fantastic long lens on it (500mm) which would have imaged this (as I do a fair amount of astronomy and astro-imaging, so I have a bit of an idea with whats up there, scale, distance etc. etc.), and my plan was to grab it as soon as I realised what I was looking at was really odd. Not enough time and and it vanished (hence the failed attempt with what I had on me - my iPhone). Next time I will skip the binos and just grab the camera.

Repeat, Im just after some ideas based on the shape I have drawn.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

This could be a possibility as the 'darker' solid object could have indeed been below the 4 lights, but looked as they did to me in the sketch due to the angle I was witnessing it. The only thing I am unsure about is how the object was so bright - other than it reflecting the sun, but then are there reflective parachutes? This is the only reason I saw it because the object was so small it was only viewable through binos... but because it appeared light a big bright light in a bright blue sky I (and my kids) saw it).

Very odd and will continue to monitor the web for some other reports.....

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

cameras are cheap.

Why dont people read the OP anymore before whining about pics?
Not everyone is just poised to snap an instant shot of anything strange ya know.....
This is a very interesting and valid report...why try to encourage people to just keep things to themselves rather than put up with trolls like you....???
just asking

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
i just want evidence. if thats too much to ask then i wont reply in this thread anymore.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

I genuinely would love to give you evidence by uploading a photo, as Im sure someone could then let me know what it was... cos its got me...

I'm hoping my sketch might trigger someone to go 'hey,thats probably just an XYZ', or someone local might advise that there was some weird event happening.

Still searching - nothing found yet and will advise if I come across some news.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Although unusual to have this sort of activity on a sunday,you're not far from Middle Wallop and Salisbury Plain (yes I know Winchester is the other way
),but it's all I can think of.
For those who don't know it,Middle Wallop is a training base for our AAC (Army Air Corp) and at one time was the busiest airfield in the UK.It's mainly rotary winged aircraft (helicopters),and used to have a few fixed wing STOL aircraft such as Beavers etc based there.

edit on 26-2-2012 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx
Although unusual to have this sort of activity on a sunday,you're not far from Middle Wallop and Salisbury Plain (yes I know Winchester is the other way
),but it's all I can think of.
For those who don't know it,Middle Wallop is a training base for our AAC (Army Air Corp) and at one time was the busiest airfield in the UK.It's mainly rotary winged aircraft (helicopters),and used to have a few fixed wing STOL aircraft such as Beavers etc based there.

I am indeed - the sighting is also close to Southampton Airport (which is why initially I thought it might be the reflection of the sun off a plane). I'm personally thinking of some sort of weird weather balloon type object, I just don't understand/get it. The more I think about it, the larger the object must have been.

Imagine a HUGE one of these :

Where the rotars are shining as bright as the sun.... The object was too far away to distinguish any detail - even with 10x50 binoculars.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I don't know how to interpret your drawing in 2D because you see it in your mind as 3D
Also you're not that far away from Boscombe Down who have been known to have "unusual" visitors.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

i just want evidence. if thats too much to ask then i wont reply in this thread anymore.

You will never find your evidence because you don't read and all you are doing is derailing this thread and spoiling it for others who are interested in this phenomenon.

If you want real evidence I suggest you buy yourself an expensive camera and sit outside 24/7 and when and if you do finally get YOUR evidence - bring it to ATS and show it to the Trolls and Derailers - that way you will be encouraged to take more pics eh.

I'm very suprized that the OP is being so civilized - personally I would simply ignore you - actually there's nothing even to ignore because you have yet to contribute anything to the discussion.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I'm very suprized that the OP is being so civilized - personally I would simply ignore you - actually there's nothing even to ignore because you have yet to contribute anything to the discussion.

That's because all Hampshirians are the politest people in England

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
From your little sketch, could it have been one of these police drones?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx

That's because all Hampshirians are the politest people in England

We're very polite...

Lifes to cool to get stressed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join