It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange cloud phenomenon in russia. (No, not the hole punch clouds...)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Came across this youtube video today, did a search on ATS and couldn't seem to find anything about it.
So i would like your input on what this could be.

The video title is in portuguese and says "Unexplicable UFO over Russia", i managed to find only this one video on youtube. It shows what appears to be some kind of visible electromagnetic field on top of a cloud.

If it isn't CGI (which i'm not ruling out), what could cause this kind of phenomenon?

Oh... and this is my first thread BTW =)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
wow, looks super crazy. I wonder what makes this happen.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Isn't nature wonderful! Clouds can be so neat, and they can form many unusual and outstanding shapes. What separates us from children, is as thinking, educated adults we know that when a child looks up and points out "scooby doo", "mickey mouse" or some animal that it is just a cloud. Well, at least some of us do, the rest of us see something they don't see everyday, throw reason, logic and common sense out the window and immediately consider the least likely of explanations because that is what we are interested in. Odd that.

But yeah, neat clouds with the sun and the viewer in the right place and at the right time. Nothing cgi, with clouds there is not need, they come in so many odd forms. Google strange cloud formations and click on images for a good time.

But this isn't anything to do with aliens or UFOs, despite what the ignorant youtuber would like you to think.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
another video claims it was a massive weird cloud in Indonesia 2010

edit on 26-2-2012 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

i partially agree with you, but what would cause the plasma like effect at the top of the cloud? could this be caused by light refraction?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bladebosq

That cloud on top is called pileus .... is is on top of a normal cumulus congestus, and exist due to a moist layer being pushed above its condensation level, by the thermal driving the cumulus from belov due to normal heating of the lower atmosphere by the sun ....

Stop seeing normal clouds as UFO's or doomsday signs .... I just stated the same in an other thread .... and I gave up on commenting contrails ... their shadows on other clouds and distrails ... people are just convinced they see something ... and people that know weather clouds and meteorology just shake their heads in disbelief ....

You don't figure out how these things work in two minutes ... so the explanation is not easy, but u2u with me for a couple of days, and I'll make you understand excatly what you see ... and trust me it is not aliens

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

man.... i searched youtube for over an hour and managed to find only the video in my OP. =)

another thing i noticed is that the guy who posted this disabled comments on his video, probably fearing he would be accused for just copying this video and presenting it as something new.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

It's the same video. Even the angle on the building to the left is the same.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pilot70

ok thank you, but i never said it was aliens... actually i never thought it was aliens, i just thought it was strange, as i had never seen this before... that's why i created this thread, so that someone could explain how this happens.

the youtube title says UFO, but that is because this was the only video i managed to find on youtube.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by Dr UAE

It's the same video. Even the angle on the building to the left is the same.

yeah,

the one i posted seems to be just a repackaged version of the one from 2010, with a new title and new backstory.

but it's the same video
edit on 26/2/12 by bladebosq because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bladebosq
reply to post by Dr UAE

man.... i searched youtube for over an hour and managed to find only the video in my OP. =)

another thing i noticed is that the guy who posted this disabled comments on his video, probably fearing he would be accused for just copying this video and presenting it as something new.

dont worry my friend it happens all the time , it happened to most of us even me , cheer up and dont let it stop you from making threads

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
found this article in the dailymail, which has some more info, it states it's a lenticular cloud back lit by the sun, where the plasma like effect is being caused by light refraction.

Amateur cameram captures stunning cloud formation

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Here's another one for you - this one did the rounds last year.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 26-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
they just had a 6.5 earthquake in siberia plus the suns just kicked out a cme the eatths a funny old place these things get spotted around eq allthe time

new topics

top topics

join