It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody in the U.S Navy or know anyone in the Navy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So I know someone who is in the Navy and they completely disappeared. Took down their facebook page and they are not contacting family and friends anymore. The family is getting really worried about it.

The last time this person was home, they weren't supposed to be; I guess they did it without clearence for reasons they weren't allowed to say.

Anyway does anybody know any possible reasons for this "disappearence?"
edit on 26-2-2012 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Could you explain why you want to know? My ex brother in law is in the navy.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
Could you explain why you want to know? My ex brother in law is in the navy.

So sorry! Hahaha I hit enter too soon!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Rendition............

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMuerte
Rendition............

Care to elaborate?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Maybe this person "knew too much" and took an unapproved vacation, and upon returning is being closely monitored... or put in the klink. Maybe he deleted his own FB page to try to keep them from contacting friends and family.

Not much info to go on here.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
Maybe this person "knew too much" and took an unapproved vacation, and upon returning is being closely monitored... or put in the klink. Maybe he deleted his own FB page to try to keep them from contacting friends and family.

Not much info to go on here.

Yes I know there isn't much info to go on and I apologize for that but I don't have anymore. It is very out of character for this person to cut off contact with their family. They are a very close and family oriented bunch.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme
So I know someone who is in the Navy and they completely disappeared. Took down their facebook page and they are not contacting family and friends anymore. The family is getting really worried about it.

The last time this person was home, they weren't supposed to be; I guess they did it without clearence for reasons they weren't allowed to say.

In other words, an "unauthorized absence" or "UA" or, if he were gone for quite awhile, it could be classified as AWOL- Absent without Leave. Most UA cases are minor and, if not explained, result in an Article 15, or Captain's Mast and may incur a small fine, especially if the guy has no history of problems. If he did it "without clearance" and also "wasn't allowed to say" that repreesents a contradiction, no? You are speculating here.

Taking down a facebook page is really no big deal, especially with all the privacy concerns that have surfaced about facebook recently.

You really have provided very little information. The Navy has a quarter million enlisted in its ranks. Where was he stationed? What ship was he on? What is his rank? What was his rate? (job) How long has he been gone? All these things can help. Vague questions elicit vague answers.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

In other words, an "unauthorized absence" or "UA" or, if he were gone for quite awhile, it could be classified as AWOL- Absent without Leave. Most UA cases are minor and, if not explained, result in an Article 15, or Captain's Mast and may incur a small fine, especially if the guy has no history of problems. If he did it "without clearance" and also "wasn't allowed to say" that repreesents a contradiction, no? You are speculating here.

Taking down a facebook page is really no big deal, especially with all the privacy concerns that have surfaced about facebook recently.

You really have provided very little information. The Navy has a quarter million enlisted in its ranks. Where was he stationed? What ship was he on? What is his rank? What was his rate? (job) How long has he been gone? All these things can help. Vague questions elicit vague answers.

They were only here for a few days and had said that they weren't supposed to be here when asked why said they couldn't say. That was a few months ago.

It's not so much taking down the facebook page that is worrying, it's the cutting contact with the family and friends on top of taking down the facebook page. Very out of character for this person.

I don't know the exact rank or anything like that I would have to ask their parents. All I know is that they were somewhere in Cali, at that time anyway. I only ever see this person during the holidays so it's not like we are close or anything. We saw some of the family yesterday and they were talking about how everybody is worried.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So was he reported missing by the family??

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
So was he reported missing by the family??

No I don't think they are that worried at least not yet. I was more worried because I guess I am suspicious by nature hahaha. I know that this person claimed to have top secret security clearence but I don't know if that is common or relevent in any way so I left it out but it made me think maybe something was going down.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Anyway does anybody know any possible reasons for this "disappearence?"
edit on 26-2-2012 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

The brig maybe if he went AWOL absent without leave , he more than likely got captains mast and punished , if this was his first offense than more likely than not he got restrained to ship and a buch of privileges taken away.

new topics

top topics

join