It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It has been four years since we have seen the final episode of Avatar, the Last Airbender. This is one of my favorite cartoons on television, one of the few I can watch over and over. The movie version is a different story.

Though the producers said they would never do another Airbender, fans around the world hoped to see more of Aang, myself included.

It wouldn't be jumping the shark as there are so many stories they can still do. First being,what happened to Zuko's mother.
Aang could search for any missing airbenders and rebuild the Airbender nation. There is a lot you can do with Toph, and Kataara can learn to be the best waterbender in the world.

so like all good producers who don't do what their fans want, they came out with a new series, that starts 70 years after Aang's story.

So as to not to stray too far from the original storyline, the next Avatar, Korra,is born into the Southern water tribe,and learns airbending from Aang and Katarra's youngest son.

So we don't want to continue the original series, but we will be born into the Southern Water Tribe and learn Airbending from Aang's son. she has a big white polar bear.

The only that is unique in the plot is that there is now an anti bending rebel movement they have to contend with.

The Legend of Korra

Nickelodean announced that the series will start this spring/summer.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I just heard about the series yesterday. Avatar was an awesome series and I look forward to seeing more bending. I hope they do a follow up episode or at least let us know that Zuko found his mom.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is so funny you bring this up, I just got done watching the entire series on Netflix (finished yesterday) and I loved it.

I recommend this series to anyone (not the live movie) but the cartoon. It's just beautifully done, the story and everything.

Anyways I can understand the criticism with the choice to move on the Aang, but keep in mind that the resolution is/will be in comic form via Darkhorse so I am sure that the rest of the questions pan out.

As far as their choice to do what they have I will wait and see. Imagine seeing 80 yr old versions of the other characters, how did Aang die? Did the fire princess escape to start the rebellion? Maybe the new kids find a lost airbending nation?

There is a lot left that can be told. Firelord Zuko can still be alive and his kids are for sure. We will see an old goofy Sokka for sure and the Southern Water tribe will be amazing instead of a few igloos.

Even more amazing is they could technically fill 70 years of Aang lore and build on it with the new avatar.

Remember these guys write wonderful stories and I am sure they can write more.
edit on 2/26/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

I think the choreography of the fights scenes are amazing, and no one gets killed.

I loved the ending. the whole series you see Aang struggling with being a monk that doesn't hurt anybody, knowing that he was going to have to kill the Firelord. I thought the end was amazing.

Yes, what happened to Zuko and Azula.

I don't think there are any more airbenders, I think that Korra has to learn from the only one which is Aang's youngest son.

I dunno, we will see.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So the fifth episode just aired.

Anyone want to give their opinion?

I can't make up my mind.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I seem to be the only one watching this but I am ok with that .

For the off chance there is another fan,all I have to say is this series is friggin intense! Can't wait for the next one. And episode 8 yesterday was a mind frack!
So it has definetly got my attention now.

The fight scene with Tarlok was just bad ass.

ME, watching episode 8 yesterday:

edit on 3-6-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

top topics

join