It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite/coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The other night, a friend and I were gazing up at the stars. I have somewhat of a slight phobia of doing so, pondering the immense distance and such, I become very dizzy... A small bit of back story first that may help this be a bit more relevant:
I've had a series of dreams in which the night sky 'tore' apart in a sense, like a little portal had opened up, with a couple of craft popping out from the portal and then proceeding to shoot what seemed to be lasers or weapons at another light that was flying through the sky (a plane perhaps). at this point in the dream I had the overwhelming feeling of HOLY %^$$ ít's all true, all the weird and bizzare things, aliens, 2012, STTF basically, at this point, in complete terror/exhilaration, everything spiralled and and faded to abyss and I awoke in bed.

This particular night I had an eerie feeling, that any moment the sky would rip open and the dream would come true. We began walking back down the road from a nearby jetty, and I was talking to my friend about some ATS topics. I was just talking about Terrences Mckenna's timewave zero and the possibility of whether we will reach a technological singularity at some point, when all of a sudden dead in front of our eyes, a fireball shot through the sky. I'm guessing a meteorite, and it seemed rather close, or else very big but far away. It was there maybe 2-5 secconds, seemed to either burn up just before the ground, or else it may have just been far away. It may have infact hit the ground but I didnt hear an impact to indicate that it did. So that was my little experience, feel free to offer any insight into what you think this might mean (if anything at all), or whether I just saw a meteorite and the strange coincidence is of my own fabrication
edit on 26-2-2012 by Tasmanaut because: spelling error

edit on 26-2-2012 by Tasmanaut because: " "

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tasmanaut

i am the same when it comes to space, i get an overwhelming feeling of inexpressible space and lack of bearing when i picture myself out there, i would also consider it a phobia i guess.

What you saw was most likely a shooting star.

Think of it as a sign. I have been outside with friends many times and seen a lot of things, about a week ago i was pointing to a particular part of the sky and telling them thats where i saw something the other night, and i pointed there and spoke about it, another shooting star appeared right in the same spot.

The universe is communicating with you, if you listen.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

I have no doubt that what I saw was a meteorite and not a UFO or something of that nature
It's just that I have been looking for the 'sign' for so long now. I know that it is a natural tendency to attribute meaning to things that have no deeper meaning... It's hard to explain, It just related in a very powerful way to me on a personal level. So many things that I've been researching, pondering and working towards all seemed to lead up so seeing such an event. Again, something subjective and personal, some lyrics from a band that meant a great deal to me a little while ago;

I long to be free
So I wait for a sign
I wait for a star To fall from the sky
From the dust of sleep
A promise to keep
Then all who see shall believe

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tasmanaut

It's just that I have been looking for the 'sign' for so long now. I know

answered yourself
so give it as much meaning as you choose
it would only be wrong if you made it a problem
edit on 2/26/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You're on the right path.

Don't know how else i can say it. From what you've just said, you've been thinking and considering the same things i have been over the past year. Everything that happens is personal to you and there is no such thing as coincidences, though this is much easier said then observed.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

But suppose I'm on the wrong path... the 'understanding' I have of the way things are, NWO/TPTB/SHTF all that jazz.... all the while developing some weird esoteric philosophy $%^&#... Desperately wanting to kickstart a revolution that I don't see coming to this little place, ready to charge into battle because I've left the 'system' so far behind, unable to return. That is my fear, that this year comes and goes, no paradigm shift occurs and I'm left a crazy nutjob with no way back. But then again, suppose I am on the path, ..........

Why can't you see that you are my child
Why don't you know that you are my mind
Tell everyone in the world that I'm you
Take this promise to the end of you

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Tasmanaut,
Wow! Thanks for sharing! What an instense dream you had. Also, don't feel alone with the space phobias, when I was a young girl and would stare up it would scare me so bad and I never understood or could accept that dark matter we stare at holding the stars and us in place was expanding every seconds, what I couldnt wrap my mind around was what we were expanding in to? It made me very uneasy as a child, today its different. But I understand.
For your dream to happen, and to be so vivid of crazy events in the sky..just for you to wake up to see a fireball/comet or whatever it was is pretty amazing to me! Maybe the dream was a warning, and the fire ball the beginning..who knows! Do not be scared, you are just being handed pieces to put together for your puzzle of life!
I hope you have a great night of sleep tonight and I thank you for sharing this piece of personal information Tasmanaut!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Funny, you and I are really quite similar. In the end, it doesn't matter if what you (we) follow or perceive to be the truth about the state of our society and race is entirely false, the learning experience behind it is invaluable. You have learned to empower yourself, teach yourself, question authority, fight for the betterment of all living beings and creatures on this planet. Take everything with a grain of salt, even the most plausible and factual of things because in the end, the only truth you have is that you are experiencing this particular plain of existence.

I don't know whats going to happen in the future, all i know is that as a result of my own learning i have changed the course of my life considerably, i don't consider myself the same person i was 2 years ago. I too have left the system.. far far behind and it's painful re-entering it when we have to, unfortunately it's fairly unavoidable for now.

One of the biggest drags are the people that don't want change, or think everything is fine and this is the way we have to live. This is not true, society has been shaped to become a materialistic society that doesn't question authority, is satisfied with the bare minimum, accepts that some people are more valuable then others or that we need someone to tell us how and why to live; that has no place around the truth and potential of our own existence.

You will find comfort in chatting with like minded people, forming social groups and sticking around those who resemble you. There is hope, not in the mainstream public, but for those people who have consciously advanced beyond the rat race of life and see things for how they truly. Don't let yourself be fooled. We have all the potential in the galaxy to live in a paradise, free from corruption, tyranny and even money.

Lets say that next year comes and things have stayed the same. Who would you be and how would you feel. Then how would you feel if you never, ever decided to look into the problems. Thinking outside of the box in a real, literally sense will get you deemed as a nut because everyone else lives inside the box. Truly, anything is possible.

"Those who have the privilege to know, have the duty to act"

top topics

join