It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ketchup Soup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ran across an article about a Doc currently airing on BBC...Panorama: Poor America.

Interesting (and sad) interviews with a few children about having no food at home. In one case, eating rats is mentioned and, as the title states, taking home ketchup packets from school, mixing them with water = Ketchup Soup.

readersupportednews.org...

Panorama's Hilary Andersson travelled to Whitney Elementary School in Las Vegas to meet some of America's youngest poor. Children told of going to bed hungry and worrying about their families, while school officials said some children were resorting to eating "ketchup soup".

Is this just a small sign of times to come?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The poor have been eating "ketchup soup" for decades. Children take home packets from school for their evening meal.

You've seen people taking the packets from restaurants along with sugar, and anything else they get?
That's why.

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
LOL is this that bogus BBC report where fat kids think they're starving because they didn't eat 3 meals a day every day?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

That same video has been posted here before in another thread.

I suggest taking an American film crew to England to make a documentary showing how many Muslims are emigrating to England. It would have the same effect. Foreingers coming to another country to tell them what they already know. Why did the BBC go 7,000 miles from London to Las Vegas to do something like this?

I just can't help but get the impression that the rest of the world actually see's this as news. As if they think America still is the land of wealth and prosperity. I really don't know what they're trying to prove with this.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
I just can't help but get the impression that the rest of the world actually see's this as news. As if they think America still is the land of wealth and prosperity. I really don't know what they're trying to prove with this.

The ignorant people who only follow the mainstream news do think that the USA is still that 'paradise on earth' with rich people everyone, all glamour and glitz.
I once had a discussion with some guy, told him about my visits to the USA, Detroit mostly (for hockey) and he actually thought that Detroit must be a great city with the car industry, the sport teams and after i told him that it's a run-down hellhole with vacant house that crumble down, he wouldn't believe me "That can't be true, USA isn't Africa" he said

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

The ignorant people who only follow the mainstream news do think that the USA is still that 'paradise on earth' with rich people everyone, all glamour and glitz.
I once had a discussion with some guy, told him about my visits to the USA, Detroit mostly (for hockey) and he actually thought that Detroit must be a great city with the car industry, the sport teams and after i told him that it's a run-down hellhole with vacant house that crumble down, he wouldn't believe me "That can't be true, USA isn't Africa" he said

Detroit huh?

Amazing how small some peoples' worlds are isn't it? Thank you for clarifying that though. I always had my suspicions but wasn't really sure.

Even here in America there are different views about other parts of the country. For example, some people in New Jersey and other states back east, to this day, still have a "wild, wild west" opinion about Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, etc..... They think there are still cowboys and Indians riding the plains.

I'm not exaggerating.

top topics

join