It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Turns Off Thousands of GPS Devices After Supreme Court Ruling

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Thanks for that link Professional. Simple solution, to a simple problem.
Obligatory second line.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The FBI says they are turning them all off? Do we really know if they were turned off? See my other post above. Electronic counter measures are nice!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The FBI did not turn them off they just no longer track them.

To recover them they likely will hire a company to hunt them down and pull them with out giving to FBI the location of where they were found.

If anyone finds one on there car put it on a shipping container going back to china and make it a merry hunt.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I'm not positive but aren't some ankle bracelets for people on sex offender lists and certain types of house arrest also tracked by GPS devices?

Are the GPS devices from the OP article only used on vehicles?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

That may well be how they (meaning the FBI) managed to track me down at a fishing hole with one of their undernourished summer employed kids. This bearded wonder got out of a dazzling, expensive new pickup and walked up to me out of nowhere and started bragging about how he smoked crack every day for 5 years at this sweatshop in Missoula. I found the drug story absurd, but nobody comes up to a stranger and tells them that, even drug users can't be that stupid, so I knew the FBI was acting on a threat to do ultimate harm (including murder) launched some years before that after I called them on an extortion and embezzlement scheme involving an Indian owned ambulance. When the threats were ignored, they had one of their goons start cutting battery cables and draining gas, an obvious attempt to punish the community through a deliberage negligent homicide. The Attorney General ignored my plea for help, so we just let them have the ambulance rather than suffer deaths deliberately allowed to occur without aid. That didn't work, either, they kept the ambulance down until two children bled to death on the main drag w/o any ambulance, the daughters of the tribal accountant. Anyway, so that's what led to these deaths, including a lawsuit against my wife that precipitated a mental breakdown. So, I was on to the bearded wonder at the fishing hole, but how did they know I was there? GPS? Only one other person knew I'd be there, and he was a newbie Christian in my Bible study. Uh, huhhh... and when he offered me a job, I was kind of expecting that it just might be a sweatshop where they would be coercing kids into smoking drugs on breaks and also maneuvering me into the same. Yep, that was right, and also right next to the DOJ building, abandoned it would seem except for a suit behind a picture window next to the so called "research company." My Bible study group was at that time also nearly killed, rammed by a dual wheeled, heavy, brand new rig hitting over 100mph next to the Snake River, but by a thin margin we were able to pull away from the water. Our Ford Explorer was totalled, but we were alive. So, I'll let you Einstein's figure this out, but I think that there was a GPS device on my pickup as well as a word from Mr. Newintown, otherwise, he wouldn't have known where this fishing hole was exactly. So, this is how these guys play ball, in case you didn't know. Watch your backs, people.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If someone illegally put something on my property, the should be required to notify me so I can remove if (if I want to). It's my decision on whether or not I want a "deactivated" GPS device on my car.

By leaving the device on the car, they are STILL violating rights. When they use my property to store GPS devices they are illegally taking my property. If a corp buried chemicals on my property, don't tell me they can just leave it there. I don't care if they think it's no big deal.

I want it off.

The next case should force the FBI to notify the holders of all GPS devices of their location.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join