It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain’s battle plan for war with Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

So basically you don't have much to say, so you repeat the same old line...

It isn't "hubris", but fact. Show me a Navy (or Army or even an Airforce) that isn't the US that could realistically attack the UK (lets ignore the slight issue of NATO for a minute, just to entertain you) and defeat us.

I eagerly await your reply.......

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I can't wait until I join.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

well young man if your french navy is going to back us up , i hope you don't do as you did the last time and surrender after the second bullit was fired

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Haha, indeed. In fact, the UK had to sink the bulk of the French fleet after their surrender to stop the Germans getting hold of some rather fine warships and using them properly!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
www.thesun.co.uk...

This is it by the looks of it.... possibly going off time frame 18 to 24 Months as Troops and Subs move into position to attack Iran!!

Was only a matter of time i guess....

What do you think will happen?

How long will it last?

Will Russia and China join Iran and retaliate? If they do, where does this leave us?

What i dont get is why would we be announcing any tactical plans to the World? Strange that... isn't it better to creep up slowly and i secrecy?

This could be real bad..... i only hope the Nukes don't go off!!!

www.thesun.co.uk...

Some of the story here:

BRITAIN is drawing up plans to send hundreds of troops and an extra nuclear sub to the Gulf as tension mounts with Iran.

Defence chiefs are convinced the UK will be swiftly sucked into any new conflict with Tehran's fanatical regime.

They say it is a matter of WHEN not IF war breaks out - with 18 to 24 months the likely timescale.

The Army, Royal Navy and RAF will have crucial roles if hostilities are triggered by president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's nuclear stand-off with the world.

The UK will first fly an INFANTRY battalion to the United Arab Emirates, our strong ally in the region, The Sun can reveal.

The move would be a public show of support, demonstrating that Britain is ready to defend the UAE it it comes under attack from Iran. The UAE is separated from Iran by just 34 miles of sea across the Strait of Hormuz.

www.thesun.co.uk...
edit on 26-2-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

I strongly urge you not to believe the sun, everything is rubbish in that paper.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

I strongly urge you not to believe the sun, everything is rubbish in that paper.

Well actually the horse racing coverage is quite good, especially on a Sauturday or for big meetings etc, and they have some really good tipsters.

Striker used to be a great cartoon strip.

Page 3 has it's obvious attractions.

The Sun Sudoku puzzles and crossword are ok for first thing in the morning to get your head in gear.
Not too hard but not too easy.

Apart from that I'd say your pretty much correct in your assessment.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

You must be in naval intelligence as you seem knowledgeable as to the whereabouts of RN ships. Working for the French or Argentines...lol. Yes the RN today is no longer the RN of yesteryear when "Britainia ruled the waves" but they still pitch in to help out. Their type 45 destroyer is using French anti ship missiles but heard that currently not armed yet. Capable of carrying Tomahawks too but the MOD deemed it too expensive. I think Western countries should take a break as all these Mideast fiasco are draining you dry financially. Recoup for now.... the big one is coming and you'd want to be in your fighting best.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by slanteye

The ME is just a warm up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join