It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran blocks 500K barrel oil shipment to Greece

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
how dare they do what they want with their own resources. If the U.S. was a major exporter of..well..ANYTHING

We are....it is called crude. Look it up!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

well... maybe it is time we stop doing that, make bio fuel with that corn, not bread. fuel should be .34 a gal here in the US

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Bio fuel is not what it is cracked up to be. It allows algae growth in your tank and fuel lines. Ruins fuel filters and is expensive to produce. Look it up. Every time I have to issue payment cause some new trucker wants to try bio diesel it fries my circuits. They should label it but they have spent so much money on it they won't tell the truth.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

look up corn fuel, not good in a Diesel Eng but then, most people drive gas eng cars use gas powered yard tools few use elec or bat powered yard tools can you think of a Diesel powered weed eater, or a lawn mower? take a look at this list www.eia.gov... Diesel might be a fuel of the past if prices keep going up. reasons for diesel goes further and was cheaper, not any more.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ofcourse Iran has the right to do whatever they want with their own resources.. I keep seeing that be chanted in this thread.. and I do agree, the thing to look at is the timing of the decision.. the motives behind it .. if it's just because Greece has been behind on payment, that's one thing.. but apparently they haven't been .. So their motives would be suspect and most likely politically motivated.

However..

As someone pointed out already, this story appears to not be true anyway - Iran claims they've not blocked any shipments at all.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Beware the Ides of March, Always true, always will be

March 15th thats the day to watch!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Isn't this a mute point? Saudi Arabia already said they would cover any shorts. I could of sworn I read that they had already started supplying the UK and France more oil.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

ive birthday on march 20, i dont want you war or crisis

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

That's bullcrap. Algae needs light to live.

Corn Biofuel diesel is nearly the same in composition as petroleum diesel and works the same way in an engine.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Wait.. is this the tipping point?? Like seriously, is it about to hit the fan? Cause from what I understand, if Greece goes down, they're not going down alone.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by corporation

Hmph...Well Greece has nobody to blame except for UK and France.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

I think the major idiocy involved is criticizing Iran for this. Isn't this what the U.S. wants? An oil embargo means don't buy oil from Iran so Iran is helping the U.S. by forcing Greece to join in that embargo. Yes?
I mean, wouldn't if be kind of silly to tell everybody not to buy oil from Iran and then complain that Iran won't sell oil to them?
And then of course there is the obvious question of why Iran should sell oil to the west when the money they pay with will be frozen in their accounts by the same western powers. Sort of like 'sell us the oil but we're not going to let you have the money'
Does this actually make any sense to anybody? Am I missing something?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by corporation

they better start looking to Olive Oil but in all seriousness they will get it from someone else..there is money to be made here and the opportunity has presented itself...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
they impose sanctions, but we pay for it.

iranians will never pay more than a few quarters for a gallon of gas, but in n.america, these supposed sanctions that are aimed at punishing the affected country end up punishing the consumers more of the countries that imposed the sanctions.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

It IS hilarious!
These dman Iranis been reading up their Sun Tzu books and mentally prepping for a comeback since persia was overrun......wayeeee back there.
They invented chess,they were playing diplomacy while america was being inhabited by sauvages....!
They knowing set this up to unfold i believe...seeing the writing on the wall, and preparing a little snit that cost them nothing, and got some free press......these guys do outclass some western mindsets....
The entire military better get a copy of that Chinese guys book, because i bet thats the way these guys will come at us.......
I know, they wear corny uniforms and speak english badly as a rule, but they know how to soldier too....their top men studied in our war colleges, they know well how we will fight too......
There is no telling where this war will go when it does kick ff in earnest....it very well could be comming to a theater near you!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Count on high oil prices, no matter what. As for Iran, NATO countries will keep pushing them and when they finally push back hard enough that'll be the excuse to invade them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join