It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran blocks 500K barrel oil shipment to Greece

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

BREAKING: Iran blocks 500K barrel oil shipment to Greece

presstv.com

Iran has refused to deliver a 500,000 barrel shipment of oil to Greece in response to EU oil sanctions imposed against the country.

Iran has already cut oil exports to Britain and France.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
english.farsnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran threatens to extend oil embargo
BREAKING: Iran cuts off oil supplies to Britain, France

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I guess this just about says it's all over for the Greek economy. No real alternatives to get oil

"According to official reports, previous suppliers of crude oil, Russia, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan, have stopped trading with Greece due to precautionary measures in case Greece is unable to pay, even though thus far no payments have been reneged on. But, Iran has extended credit to Greece, which few other oil exporters are willing to do. "

presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by corporation
I guess this just about says it's all over for the Greek economy. No real alternatives to get oil

It looks like Iran is about to push the first dominoe leading to the imminent collapse of Europe.

No way out now. Either Greece collapses and takes Europe down with it or NATO attacks Iran and Iran sinks a few slow moving tankers through the Strait of Hormuz.

Either way, oil prices are going up now.

Sabre rattling over, game on. It looks like March is WW3.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Cool. Send it to America.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
sooo..... the brave sanctions of the western world backfires to oure wallets....
the end of sanctions...US the boogieman.....

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It seems as if the domino effect is in full swing now boys.... only a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yeah...how dare they do what they want with their own resources. If the U.S. was a major exporter of..well..ANYTHING than we would definately do whatever we want with our own goods, including saying who gets what and when. Good job Iran, sadly whether you stand your ground or not...the west will have its way with you, and I apologize for my governments policies.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Finaly it is agression of iran that we winting for.
Now is time to bombard they cities and start kiling they children ultil complite surrender.
Only then iranian citiizem earn right to bigmac , debt and slavery like eany civiliset county has .

edit on 26-2-2012 by martterspace because: some letters missing

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Like any creditor, they have the right not to send any goods or services without geting paid, or on the threat of not getting paid.

I have no use for Iran or its`politics, but they can do whatever they like with their oil.

All the more for the West to take when they bomb them back to the Stone Age in the coming confrontation.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
Yeah...how dare they do what they want with their own resources. If the U.S. was a major exporter of..well..ANYTHING than we would definately do whatever we want with our own goods, including saying who gets what and when. Good job Iran, sadly whether you stand your ground or not...the west will have its way with you, and I apologize for my governments policies.

Corn, wheat, barley - US is top producer and exporter.
us corn exports
I did a search for US halting exports and the only thing I find is russia halting exports. The US companies never halt to anyone. To much money to be made

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Agree with the fact its iran's oil, but how exactly will greece take out europe?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Agree with the fact its iran's oil, but how exactly will greece take out europe?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

We do what we want with our exports, we don't stop them because not only are we broke, we have no reason to. You seem to have missed my point, our exports are ours alone to decide what to do with, and as the 'almighty' USA we would never let another nation dictate what we do with it. So here everyone is claiming Iran is doing wrong by not exporting something that belongs to them. Sure, oil is important, understood. Just because something is important doesn't mean it belongs to everyone.

If we spent as much money on researching alternatives to oil as we do on war this wouldn't even be an issue.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Hey that not fair we do have a major export its called jobs, *Switching to peanuts gang voices* We're number one! We're number one!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Originally posted by corporation

It looks like Iran is about to push the first dominoe leading to the imminent collapse of Europe.

No way out now. Either Greece collapses and takes Europe down with it or NATO attacks Iran and Iran sinks a few slow moving tankers through the Strait of Hormuz.

Either way, oil prices are going up now.

Sabre rattling over, game on. It looks like March is WW3.

I may have misunderstood but I thought the EU pushed the first domino when they told Iran they would not be buying their oil. EU says "no oil after July", Iran says "fine, we'll find someone who does want it now". With the condition Greece is in Iran certainly can't be faulted for not extending them further credit either.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
No OIL for GREECE?

Lmao that just sounds hilarious.

Ahhh lame I know... sorry..

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Why do people put up with their governments?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - Iran said Sunday it had not blocked an oil shipment to Greece, denying earlier reports it had done so in retaliation to the EU phasing in a ban on its key export, the Iranian Student's News Agency (ISNA) reported.

"There has been no change in Iran's oil shipment to Greece or any other country. No changes in our shipment schedule," said Pirouz Mousavi, managing director of the Iranian Oil Terminals Co. Earlier

Iran's semi-official Fars news agency said Tehran had refused shipment of 500,000 destined for Greek refiner Hellenic Petroleum, but a Hellenic official denied it.

"That has nothing to do with us ... all supplies from Iran have been processed normally," the official told Reuters.

Story is not true apparently-WW3 off for today.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by corporation

greece should immediately stop the export of ouzo to the iranians.

europe should stop exporting anything to iran also.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Maybe Greece is behind on their bills. Iran has every right to cut the oil off if the money isn't coming in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join