It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P. Diddy proclaims "black power" on national TV. Was it racist?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcdgray129

Originally posted by dayve

its not racist or a double standard get over it.... white power is a statement of hate, black power is a statement of unity.

Look at my last post on the page before this one, the statement i said then holds true to you too.
Black Power no longer holds the same meaning it used too, and in this day and age is very much a racist statement, and should be halt as such...

edit on 26-2-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

And you would know that because your black? I've never rolled around yelling racial slurs at white people screaming black power, and ive never heard of it happening on a daily basis. But i have on more than enough occasions been yelled the N word out of a truck full of white people, they scream "White power" the only thing i could do was wish they would be dumb enough to stop. But hold it to all of you experts on here that know the difference between white power, brown pride, and black power..... IDK why white people are on this thread anyways its not about you. If you want a online race war, you have fun arguing by yourself.

edit on 26-2-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

No i would know that becos i am irish, and more then ye we have been suppressed down the years, but i hold no grudge.
And imo i think you're lying, as i could not see that happening in this day and age, and you not getting them people locked up, or at least halt accountable for their words, so imo thats all lies...
Dont be upset cos the Black Power word might become racist one day just like saying white power is...

Oh im lying.... Happened more than once in paradise CA, and here in chico on many occasions, if you have any idea where paradise is you wouldn't call me a liar..... And dont compare irish to this, thats even dumber than this topic. On another note, Why would i get them locked up? I can fight and have no problem trying to take on a truck full of fake cowboys... You dont know me so dont assume sh*t

You dont know me too, so also dont assume # about me... and i give no # where you're from or what color you are, racism is racism and thats fact..
Oh and i can fight too trust me...

You called me the liar, and where im from would be irrelevant if you didnt make dumbass statements. My color is also irrelevant, until you walk back out into reality from under your rock.. Racism is racism and p diddy isnt racist... He made alot of white people rich. And i doubt you can fight, im calling you a liar.

Come over to ireland and ill show you i can fight, as i also dont think you can, but if you can then we would have a good fight, as im a traveler so fighting is in my blood..
And i was the one who said racism is racism, no matter what color, so your taking my words now??.

edit on 26-2-2012 by dayve because: yadayadah...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

The "black power" was adopted by the Black Panthers whose message was empowerment and unity.

You scare me...

Please look up some facts about the Black Panthers before you give out more information like this.

Here is blackpanther.org with the answer (in part) to the question "what was the black panther party?"

It is the sole black organization in the entire history of black struggle against slavery and oppression in the United States that was armed and promoted a revolutionary agenda

Did they say they were armed and prompted a revolutionary agenda - why yes they did.

Here is thier Ten Point Plan .

1. WE WANT FREEDOM. WE WANT POWER TO DETERMINE THE DESTINY OF OUR BLACK AND OPPRESSED COMMUNITIES.

We believe that Black and oppressed people will not be free until we are able to determine our destinies in our own communities ourselves, by fully controlling all the institutions which exist in our communities.

2. WE WANT FULL EMPLOYMENT FOR OUR PEOPLE.

We believe that the federal government is responsible and obligated to give every person employment or a guaranteed income. We believe that if the American businessmen will not give full employment, then the technology and means of production should be taken from the businessmen and placed in the community so that the people of the community can organize and employ all of its people and give a high standard of living.

Wow one only need look at point one to see the exclusionary nature of this organization...fully "control" all the institutions which exist in thier communities. This is the "nation within a nation" with separate rules and laws by and for blacks only. That's not racist or exclusionary at all right?

Second read further on how they are going to do this - by seizing presumably "white" owned businesses by the government so they can be apportioned out by black leaders for the benefit of the black community. This of course includes reparations for slavery and free (presumably paid for by "white people") health care.

This is about the most racist and exclusionary organization I've have ever seen. Besides that they are Marxist in nature...

Please get a clue.

edit on 26/2/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by mcdgray129

Ok lets break this down a bit..

I see racism in my life all the time...you won't see it out in public as much...but behind closed doors or when a group of white men are together..you better believe you will see it here in the United States. I can tell you one place you can find racism for sure...in the locker room of where I play hockey...

Ok but your white too and still getting picked on??, so how does that single out colored people?? if anything that shows its rampant no matter what color you are...

I'm sure this isn't a unique situation...I have at least 5 other examples of where I could tell you there is ugly racism going on everyday...

And i know you are right, but people, no matter what color they are gets hated on, by people of whatever color. for instance im sure just as many black people would hate on someone thats gay as the would be white people.
That still doesn't make it right, as everyone has the right to live how they want too.

And again...I'd like to know who exactly I am being racist towards...which race am I hating on or saying I'm better than??? (you may want to think first that you don't know what race I am).

Its mostly some of the comments you made, why you made them i dont know??. But if a comment is racist to one person, the should be no reason why it should not be to another no matter their color, and even more so, when they had nothing got to do with what happened in the past, you get me??.

And if you live in the united states, I wouldn't expect them to say "black power" to you or even in front of you...because they know that you may have the wrong reaction...which it appears from your responses in this thread...you would.

So you think we whould beat them or something??, id only ask them why are they saying that in the first place. Or maybe colored people over here don't say that, just dont care, cos maybe they know we are all one.
And we all get along and are the best of friends.

Here's a newsflash for you...I'm not black.
Wow...shocking huh???
Funny...being white myself...I never really thought I hated myself.

Ok your not black? so then what is it that you have had racism against you for???.
And i too hate racism in every core of it. else i also wouldnt be posting in this thread...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
I find the issue of race to be extremely funny. Not racism(Okay well racism can be funny too, just the stupidity of it) and I mean old school Klan, cross burning, third Reich racism.

So most of western media tries to pound into our heads that you should be ashamed you are white and proud if you are any other flavor of melanin. Which is dumb because you either accept that idea and it still means your stuck on race, or you reject that idea and make race an issue in your life.

Anyways its all crap and double standards, however I'm fine with it. I'm starting to see less and less people identify with the color of their skin and more with as who they are as a person.

I think soon race, and racial issues will be nothing but the joke they are already. Just something to laugh at, because its absurd to think that whatever color you happen to be plopped out at by birth is now your identity.
edit on 2/26/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

Great post and i agree soon race will not matter, we are all the same, why cant people understand that??.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If diddy was not famous no woman would look twice at him.At best he is an average rapper too.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Yes...let's look at Ireland's demographics...and maybe it will shed some light on how well you grasp race relations.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ethnic backgrounds: Irish: 96.7%, Asian: 0.3%, Black: 1.1%, Other/Mixed: 0.1%, Not Stated: 1.7% (2006)

Yes...it seems like you are the expert when it comes to race relations.

And wiki is such a good source of information
Please explane to me then how almost every person i meet is colored?? or did they just all drop into the place i live??...
And i hope this post doesnt make me out to seem racist as i dont see color when i look at a person, we are all the same after all, but im just replying to him. and im sure if you read my other comments you can see that.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Think we should just replace 'enter race here' with human power, then nobody gets offended and everyone can be prideful.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
Think we should just replace 'enter race here' with human power, then nobody gets offended and everyone can be prideful.

What about the people who think they are descended from the annunaki?.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

No im not taking your words, racism is racism, but this specific thread topic is not racism. You guys are making it about racism. Its kinda funny..... And your all the way from ireland what the hell are you talking about anyways, you dont know sh*t about black power beside what you see on movies...... lets set the fighting issue aside because it really is irrelevant.... but if someday i am in ireland i'll be glad to knuckle up with you

Yes racism is racism no matter what color. or no mater the race etc.
And ye guys??, so what??, are ye different people then us now??, are we not all the same on the inside??.
And we will set the fighting issue aside, as you would never come over here anyways.
And i know i dont know # about black power nor do i care, its a racist statement in our days. And i think thats what worrys you???.
Are you scared you're colored statement might get taking away??.
Remember your the same as me and i am as you no matter our color....
And if you ever are in ireland please let me know, i will be happy to come out and show you how real men fight..

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Originally posted by CaptainNemo[/i]Should I list some statistics about the African-American achievment gaps? .

There was actually a recent statistic published that showed the gap has narrowed considerably between us whilst the class gap has widened .However the thing about statistics is you often can find a variety of them on the same matter that claim completely different things.

Originally posted by CaptainNemo[/i]You can't be that oblivious. You're Irish but you're also still white so you and other irish-americans assimilated better over time..

And here the irony in you calling me naive then spouting this , You tried to play the whole well you're white card. First of all the discrimination against the Irish continued on to with in living memory so lets not pretend like that was ages ago and this happened here and back in Europe.

The same goes for quite a few other Europeans who migrated to America. You can find older Mediterranean immigrants for example who can speak about how terrible they were treated. My mothers side was from Spain and my grandfather talked about how his family couldnt buy a house in certain neighbor hoods in the 60s because they weren't considered white. He was even attacked by the police because of his race.

So yes while I'm "white" lets not paint over the discrimination of euros in such an easy manner. Our assimilation occurred at various rates and it was often one largely bloody clawing to the top.

Originally posted by CaptainNemo[/i]African-American freedoms are no longer denied, I'm thankful for that but that does not mean we give upOr are you really that naieve that you think a few amendments solved 200 years of problems?

Why are you equating what i said with "giving up?" I'm merely stating there's no need for people to have a chip on their shoulder any more or buy into the paranoia that some group is intentionally trying to keep them down.

The Irish went through way more than 200 years of problems. At home the troubles continued into the modern age and things up North are still left with the results of all those tragedies.. There is nothing we can do about it but put it behind us and move on and not let the past repeat itself while at the same time taking personal responsibility for the way our lives pan out.

edit on 26-2-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

Great post once again from you so another star for you, why cant people leave their pasts behind them i dont know.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

Imo racism throughout history has had more to do with rich vs poor than just the difference in race. This is pretty odd though. Imo shouting black power is just the same as shouting white power, I am sure that if he ever heard someone shout white power he would be furious.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Ok but your white too and still getting picked on??, so how does that single out colored people?? if anything that shows its rampant no matter what color you are...

I see racism...I never said I was the target of it.

You would have to be blind to not see the racism in some places and be disgusted by it.

So no, we are not living in a "new age"...racism is still alive and common in our world....it is just more hidden today.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

Yes i agree star for you
Its human Power not Race power.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

You would have to be blind to not see the racism in some places and be disgusted by it.

So no, we are not living in a "new age"...racism is still alive and common in our world....it is just more hidden today.

see that's the issue that's troubling. Of course there's still racism but when you cross into the territory thats it hidden you sound like some conspiracy nut.

Unless what you experience is blatantly racist why shouldn't we believe you are just jumping to a rash conclusion? It would surprise you how many people may be jerks just because they are well jerks.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Did you not say you where picked on inside locker rooms??, unless i miss read your post??, if so im sorry??.
But even so, you would see that even if it was all colored people in that locker room, and a white guy came in, you would see him get picked on im sure..
What i mean is, dont paint everyone with the 1 brush is what im saying, we are not all the same.
The is good and bad in everyone..

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

see that's the issue that's troubling. Of course there's still racism but when you cross into the territory thats it hidden you sound like some conspiracy nut.

Unless what you experience is blatantly racist why shouldn't we believe you are just jumping to a rash conclusion? It would surprise you how many people may be jerks just because they are well jerks.

My paint exactly
, they where just being jerks, so i guess that must make all us white guys jerks too right??, i dont think so.
As alot of us dont see color, and hates racist remarks, if its from whites our blacks,
If this thread said justin timbalake said "White power" to my new TV show id be all over it too.
Id be going mad at that statement just as much as i dont like this one.
Why should it be blacks against whites or the other way around??.
Are we not all the same colour on the inside??.
We are one in the same, we need to forget our pasts.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
First of all P. Diddy is a cold businessman and everything he does or says is a move to be profited from.

Aside from that, i don't think it is racist. For the most part the media is owned by whites. Blacks have always been in the 'employee position' more so. I think that with 'black power' he may also have meant that through this network black people will be in a more prominent position.

Why is a black movement a bad thing? Why bother with people who you don't have anything in common with or that look down on you, and that have more chances than you at this particular moment in history?

And please hold with that black president stupidity. It's called manipulation. "Hey let's throw them a bone with a puppet they can relate to."

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think the way he meant it was in the manner that I overhear gang bangers saying it, just trying to be cool, they don't understand the history of it or were a part of that experience. Sure there is racism of some form everywhere but not at the open level that it was. I think he just stuck his foot in his mouth.
edit on 26-2-2012 by thefullbug because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Did you not say you where picked on inside locker rooms??, unless i miss read your post??, if so im sorry??.
But even so, you would see that even if it was all colored people in that locker room, and a white guy came in, you would see him get picked on im sure..
What i mean is, dont paint everyone with the 1 brush is what im saying, we are not all the same.
The is good and bad in everyone..

Ummmm...yeah...you completely miss read my post.

I said I see it in the locker room...I witness it. It isn't directed to me or anyone else in the locker room...just a group of white guys talking about "did you see that "N" the other day here at the rink...yeah I wish he would play so we can show him that we aren't going to have them take over this sport as well".

It's not just one example either...like I said...it is an all out racist rally. But, take those same guys at the bar where there are black people...and they are soooooo friendly to them and acting all buddy buddy to them.

And like I said...it's not only "locker rooms"...it's anywhere where it is "private"...and that is where true feelings come out.

This is all a counter argument to your "we live in a new age" BS and trying to act like racism isn't a real problem still in our world today. You can bury your head in the ground and say there is no racism and everyone is treated "equally"...but I am calling total BS on that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join