It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P. Diddy proclaims "black power" on national TV. Was it racist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What "black power" could he be talking about? How anyone could take that little weasel seriously is beyond me because he don't give a hoot about black people except how to exploit them just ask his artists. He's just talking to get attention nothing more, so relax.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well the answer is simple. Replace him with a white man saying "white power". Would you consider that racist? Then there's your answer.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's okay to be a racist when you're black. Especially when there's a half-black president.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
It's okay to be a racist when you're black. Especially when there's a half-black president.

Yeah. Just like appeasement was okay with Hitler. Especially when it was the British prime minister.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

You know, just because Obama is the president, doesn't mean that racism has disappeared completely.

I don't know why it's become acceptable on here to allow people with vaguely racist opinions to gain stars and flags, especially after they hide behind that "race card" bull#.

Racism has NOT gone away.

P Diddy will be P Diddy though. I don't take him seriously, Why should you or anyone else?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

You know, just because Obama is the president, doesn't mean that racism has disappeared completely.

I don't know why it's become acceptable on here to allow people with vaguely racist opinions to gain stars and flags, especially after they hide behind that "race card" bull#.

P Diddy will be P Diddy though. I don't take him seriously, Why should you or anyone else?

I saw some show the other night where a girl said she used to work for Diddly widdly. Someone asked her if Diddy was a "good guy" and she clammed up. She had no idea how to answer. What does that tell ya?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
P.diddy is just trying to get ratings

He signed that ^
Black people that are racist would hate that guy

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I hate the term "African-American,"

Never liked the term either, it just looks like people are saying black Americans aren't full Americans. Fair enough, they used to be from Africa, but I wouldn't call an American Scottish-American for having that ancestry.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
see what this crap does?
it further divides everyone down nicely placed lines to continue the useless discussion on things that are beyond irrelevent.

THANKS "PUFF DADDY", FOR THAT.

"the revolution will be televised" WHAT REVOLUTION??? the one for black people? you mean the one that you guys won back with MLK?? or the one recently won with an obama presidency, what else is there left for you to revolt against??

black power in my eyes is a mechanism of telling every other like minded black person that hey man, we're on the same team, let's take it to these white mf'ers, get rich as hell and continue the status quo. buy dem nikes YO.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by The Sword

I saw some show the other night where a girl said she used to work for Diddly widdly. Someone asked her if Diddy was a "good guy" and she clammed up. She had no idea how to answer. What does that tell ya?

What that tells me is she follows the old adage, "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all". Read Dancing with the Devil by Mark Curry to get some idea about his character.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Wanting one group to have more rights than others is racist.

Anything, anything at all, that promotes one race over another is racist. It doesn't matter if it originates from a white, black, brown, red, yellow, or purple person.

Which is exactly why "Black Power" that promotes unity is not racist...while "White Power" that promotes supremecy is. I'm going to have to laugh in your face if you honestly think "Black Power" means that they want to take over the country and suppress whites.

Believe me...I'm not surprised by the content of this thread. Most white people see it as "racism" if a group of minorities try to better themselves by working together...hence them being "offended" by "Black Power". It's the same reaction most white people have when they hear a statistic about "whites" becoming a "minority"...even though they wouldn't be a minority...they'd still be the largest single racial group.

And I'm not surprised by the angry posts in response to my replies...people like to act racists but don't like to be shown that they are in fact racist.

Things just haven't changed as much as people want to claim they have...people just hide it more and don't like to own up to their own beliefs.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

Every time someone white says something offensive about non-white people, you have a bunch of people saying that people are too sensitive and they need to lighten up , stop playing the race card, and being so politically corect. I suppose I could argue the same thing for Diddy's comments.

When Diddy says black power, he means "I'm black and I want to promote my own personal power". He is a self-serving individual who does not discriminate in who he will exploit and take advantage of for his own personal gain. Besides this off hand comment, he has never advocated or done anything to uplift masses of black people against white people or anyone else.

Donald Trump mentioned on celebrity apprentice that he thinks Diddy is a great guy. An endorsement from Donald Trump should be a pretty good indication of Diddy's character. If Diddy is a black supremacist, then Donald Trump is white supremacist.

Lighten up, stop playing the race card, and making this a bigger deal than it is.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
P.diddy is just trying to get ratings

He signed that ^
Black people that are racist would hate that guy

Ok, poor Diddy....I saw that and had to stifle laughter to keep from waking my baby.

Diddy is trying sooooo hard poor thang. He never battle raps because he'd get creamed. I mean....He made this:

He's redunkulis, I had to make up a word for it cause it's just that bad (and I do think he was biting off Wu-tang a little). Black people don't even pay attention to him anymore so why are we worried about him again? I don't think he's had a hit in at least 10 years, probably more like 15. I think there is a sizable section of ATS that is just looking for that confirmation of black racism to justify their own racism. I don't care who is racist, I just don't associate with people who do not share my ethos. Racists are unethical thus I do not speak with them.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

No comment
edit on 26-2-2012 by timmhaines because: Fear of online harassment

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
if i said white power would that be racist.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I know right?
In Australia we had a white pride festival at a major city not long ago, the whole media jumped on it calling it a racist fiasco. The people came out saying they weren't racist they were just holding a pride festival for white people.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
what if someone on tv who was white proclaimed "white power"?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by 200Plus

Wanting one group to have more rights than others is racist.

Anything, anything at all, that promotes one race over another is racist. It doesn't matter if it originates from a white, black, brown, red, yellow, or purple person.

Which is exactly why "Black Power" that promotes unity is not racist...while "White Power" that promotes supremecy is. I'm going to have to laugh in your face if you honestly think "Black Power" means that they want to take over the country and suppress whites.

Believe me...I'm not surprised by the content of this thread. Most white people see it as "racism" if a group of minorities try to better themselves by working together...hence them being "offended" by "Black Power". It's the same reaction most white people have when they hear a statistic about "whites" becoming a "minority"...even though they wouldn't be a minority...they'd still be the largest single racial group.

And I'm not surprised by the angry posts in response to my replies...people like to act racists but don't like to be shown that they are in fact racist.

Things just haven't changed as much as people want to claim they have...people just hide it more and don't like to own up to their own beliefs.

Imo you are the one being most racist in this whole thread...
Since when have Black people become the minority??, please do explan as we are not living in the 1900's no more.
Black People today get just as much respect as white people, and rightfully so.
But with you're whole "You say Black Power you're not racist", BUT!!, if you say "White Power you are", how do you come to that conclusion??. IMO that makes you Pretty much one of the only racist ones in here.
Oh and don't come back with some bull crap about minority's and that, Black people are not in the minority, no more then white people are.
And by saying White Power in the past might of meant what you say it did, but that no longer holds true today, the same way as saying Black Power today no longer holds the same meaning.
Both words should be deemed as racist words today, and should be dealt with in the same way...
Hell imagine if Eminem came out and said Ya everyone White Power, he hangs around with alot of black people, but he would still get bad press for it, and rightfully so. The Same should go for P-Diddy and his Racist comments.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join