It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P. Diddy proclaims "black power" on national TV. Was it racist?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
IMHO, P Diddy reminds me of a wet cat instead of a black panther. Some people will do anything to get a little bit of attention. He's nothing but a Hype man.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Y ignore the fact it was black history month....... Stfu about it aready

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

My heart bleeds for you... it bleeds in hopes that you wake the # up.

Have some tea. I mean that sincerely. Tap into what you have in that tiny cranial capacity (google is your friend) and step into reality and stop being self centered

www.sciencedirect.com...

And that is just a tidbit of what you will find. You know damn well it isn't race, it is the culture. It is the culture that is celebrated greatly by the majority of one race. That, no one can deny.
To say hip hop is not a culture would be blasphemous, or even racist in urban circles.

edit on 29-2-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It's not technically racist which is why it seems like a troll by P. Diddy to get everyone riled up. Why I don't know.

Racism is discrimination based on the color of a persons skin. This is racial pride. It's also largely tribalism or categorization. People like to feel they're part of a group or tribe and also tend to categorize people. For example naming a person "the quiet one", or "the Jewish couple next door". It's sits better somehow when we can fill in certain blanks about a persons life which can be very deceptive. P. Diddy is probably not a racist but instead just another person looking to satisfy their ego. It seems like he wants to be seen as this civil rights leader but he hasn't done anything positive (that I know of).
edit on 29-2-2012 by shangqing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I would not sweat what P Dingy says. Most black people I know do not even like his music, it is alot of my caucasian friends that listen to his crap. He ain't squat to his own race, and he knows this, he is simply trying to sell himself to his own people. And they are not buying it. Just like Kanye, he let his true color be seen. They both have the same mentality as a clansman, ignorant as hell. DENY IGNORANCE!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by dayve

My heart bleeds for you... it bleeds in hopes that you wake the # up.

Have some tea. I mean that sincerely. Tap into what you have in that tiny cranial capacity (google is your friend) and step into reality and stop being self centered

www.sciencedirect.com...

And that is just a tidbit of what you will find. You know damn well it isn't race, it is the culture. It is the culture that is celebrated greatly by the majority of one race. That, no one can deny.
To say hip hop is not a culture would be blasphemous, or even racist in urban circles.

edit on 29-2-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

That was another dumbass post, attempting to make me look like im the one with the problem. Does it look like im the one crying about what p'diddy said? No.... That link you just put up, describes a narcissistic individuals......And this thread is about white people getting mad over a movement statement..... Telling me wake the # up is re-tarded... Has nothing to do with what i put in the first place. block head

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

It is comedy. Nothing more.

You see the black man likes to televise black music, rap music, booty shaking, baby making, welfare taking, slave faking. Nothing more.

When the black man wakes up and realizes that he has become a welfare slave then the revolution of values and hard work will commence. No sooner.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It's "issues" like this that are there to divide us as a collective whole. There is no separation by race, religion, or anything. WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS. nuff said.

discrimination is ignorance which we need to conquer to achieve complete and total peace and prosperity

THat being said, Diddy was one hard mo'fo back in the day before he softened up :p

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kingllama

Discrimination is ignorance? Come on. Can you discriminate safe street crossing conditions from unsafe street crossing conditions? I hope so. Otherwise you stand a good chance of becoming a squashed lover.

So let go of skin color you say? How about facial geometry? Muscularity? Body symmetry? Hair type? Or hairless? Pretty or ugly? Now now. Tsk tsk. Don't discriminate.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
How is a thread about P Diddy still going?

Really? Debating something P Diddy did for publicity? P Diddy?

ETA: op, I have no disrespect towards your thread. I just never thought that this would still be debated.

edit on 1-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

of course that was racist

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
As a black man myself, i think it was racist, it's the equivalent of "white power", just with a different, less harmful message. All people should be treated as equals as far as i'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Once again we are back to people being the crayola box of 72. There are no such people who are "black". This was, and still is a term used by dutch master colonists. Black is a color, as well as an adjective it does not describe a people. Also black is synonymous with dying, or death. So when your out hear listening to your SELLOUT SO-CALLED LEADERS remember what they are getting YOU INTO!!!! I myself am a Free National Being Indigenous to the land known as North America. ANYONE WHO IS ON TV is not out to help anyone, but themselves. Lastly how in the hell can you be from two continents anyway? That's the riddle for all you so-called blacks, African-americans, or whatever you call yourselves that is not accurate. I cant believe all this started from the guy who SET-UP B.I.G. then left hip-hop with him unfreakinbelieveable

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join