It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P. Diddy proclaims "black power" on national TV. Was it racist?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

I would call it ignorant before racist. It is racist, but I think his sentiment was not. Regardless, he is an irrelevant, uninformed drone who's world of comfort and wealth will soon come crashing down due to the actions of the very President he supports. Black power indeed.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Originally posted by mcdgray129

Originally posted by dayve
F*ck you guys who are still defending white power in comparison to black power. Or those of you putting down African Americans just for the f*ck sake of argument. This thread is BS and it has been settled, the majority (white people) do not find pdiddys statement offensive. People made some good points on here but let it go..... The only people opposing black power on here just want to ruffle feathers. It's about statistics and idiots trying to prove how f*cked up the black community is. F*ck you guys..... Closeeeeee it......
edit on 27-2-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

Yes.. Ok.. Nice one on that Rampage that you had there, so tell me again, where is people putting down african americans??.
Are we not allowed to have a debate on such a subject now??..
And saying the F word to a lot of people. including myself is a very rude remark imo.
All we are saying that in 2012 the is no difference.
Its all racist slurs now, and soon it will be classed as such. Dont get mad over such matters....

I've been following this thread for a bit and seen a lot of racist crap from certain scary individuals... I'm not talking about the last "5" pages either it's been goin on since almost the beginning of the thread. But I bet you, the majority of people on this site , or at least reading this thread are white, I could be wrong. So it doesn't matter. Mybad if I offended you, or you, or you, it's a stupid thread. Now if you excuse me I'm going to go bang my white girlfriend... And she's gonna love it.. No lie...

Well i think by looking at my picture its easy to see im white, not that that matters (Maybe only to people like you??)..
But i can see racist slurs, and remarks from both sides, maybe you just cant see that cos you're blinded by hate??..
And the have been Black people in this thread that have agreed that "Black Power" is now a racist comment.
As the might of been a need to say such things before, but now the is none.
All humans that do not have wealth in this day and age are halt down, no matter the colour of their skin...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

For gods sake i know that, but have you not noticed the ones that have not actually commited what they talk about suceed, the ones that have suceed, but not as well if suceeding is looked at from chart sales, and money earned. I mean that does not mean what they do is bad, hell eminem is a very good lyricist possibly one of the greats. Yet you have lil wayne drake and many more selling millions to kids, promoting drugs gangs and violance. And im completley against censorship. But understand you tell a nation with the right platform to kill jews, or enslave african americans or even kill muslims. They will do it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
reply to post by Golf66

Yes English is my native language.

And I saw your previous posts. Once again you completely overlooked parts of my post in order to paint the black power movement with some kind of sinister agenda. The words black power were first Adam Clayton Powell Jr. in 1966:

"To demand these God-given rights is to seek black power."

Empowerment and unity.
Of course there are going to be dissidents and deviations of the original goals, but it's just how society views these two sayings (WP & BP). You can't argue correctness with everyone sometimes you just have to let things run it's course.

Can we just agree that the connotation of "white power" is much more abrasive?

You are a disgusting human, okay black power is fine, and the nation of islam who are currently using the term to incite hatred and aim it at a jewish race.

How is that any different at all from a white power movement doing the same thing. Oh wait sorry i forgot all white people are inherently evil, including jews these means any sign of them being proud of there heritage should not be allowed in a public place and deemed racist.

Take your seat sir, i see its in the front row at the next nation of islam rally good day to you.

You want differnce there.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011

Great post, star for you
We are all human race, and thats fact.
Unless you can prove me otherwise??..

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oh for goodness sake, People! I see the tactic of 'Divide and Conquer' is working well

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired

hire black people for jobs with the same level of expertise , if not more, and that will help with the assimilating into the mainstream - I'm sure.

play the game fair and everyone can get some playing time. Get it??

Also, asking for stars and flags is crass.

For godsake your a hypocrite and i hope your life is a horrible one filled with pain, i live in england ive wanted to be a fireman since i can remember. I have applied hundreds of times, and always failed my school grades are a mile better than what they want, im pyshically very fit, i box alot. There is no reason i cant pass, but guess what the man, at the interview told me. He said im really sorry son, ive seen your application come and go so many times, and your the perfect candidate. The problem is they have to take on "people" who are not fit for the job.

Example the station i want to work at has a female fireman, she is not allowed to do the firemans life, or climb the ladder because she is female, this is an optional choice she opted she does not want to do it.
She has refuses to work nights because she has children, and shes a mother.

Example 2, they have a man who is overweight, because they have to be seen to be fair to people suffering from disabilites, he cannot do almost anything required of him.

Example 3 they have a indian fireman, who cannot talk almost a word of english, this creates problems because he cannot operate well in the team. He does not have to learn english, as that is against his rights.

Because i am a average white male, i am overlooked because even if im the perfect candidate, i am not "what" they want, they want people to please the general demigraphic. So they hire, people who cannot speak the native language, unhealthy people, and women who only want to do half of the job.

Personally speaking a small firestation with only 12 members which one of those three would you rather rescue you from a burning building. One wont come in, one can barley walk, and the other want be able to shout "hello" in your native language when he comes for you.

This is where political correctness, human rights and civil rights. and the rest take us.
This method of hiring applies to all jobs including police force, even the british army.

But its cool i understand, you want to demoralize and control the average white man, and i understand because when the average and general white men, succeed and when they unite they create British Empires, American Empires, French Empires, German Empires, Roman Empires. We have and always will be the world rulers, so you have to control us it makes sense i would do the same.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What if one race really IS superior to the others? People say that isn't the case as though it has been somehow verified. Maybe the black race is "better" than the white race (whatever that would mean) or vice versa. Perhaps some other group of people is inherently "better" than both? Do we just take the position of race equality because it seems mean to even question it, or is there peer reviewed scientific literature that has established that all races are equal in all ways? Of course, to even pose such a question - to have the audacity to THINK whether or not people's various claims on this issue have any validity - is to display one's ignorance and obvious racism and generally evil character, right?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by dayve

You do know WHY it is the white house don't you? Did history class stop teaching that one? If we paint it blue, would that make you feel better?

They can call it the whore house for all I care, I'm just making a point to a dumb statement....

If your so in to what history class is teaching, pay attention more because it is (was)black history month, I'm sure that kills you inside aswell and makes you cry about "why not white history month". Why dont you birdbrains put two and two together from pdiddys statement....
edit on 28-2-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Why wouldn't it be racist? Because he's black? Bollocks. I'm sick and tired of how blacks can say whatever they want and get their own TV channel, but if the white people had a white TV channel or white history month, you would have hell to no end. If anything, whites are being discriminated against or excluded as much as whites did to blacks during prohibition.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by femalepharoe

The black unemployment rate is high because they don't want to work! Jesus age Christ! Pull your head out of your bum and wake up! MY goodness. It has nothing to do with their skin, it has to do on how they treat others, how they talk grammatically incorrect or unprofessional and wear clothes half off of their asses and the general unwillingness to want to work. The truth hurts but the truth is just that, the truth. And if you call them out on it you are a racist. My goodness. You really are an ambassador for the PC crew, aren't you?

ETA: when ever I've landed a job it was because I conducted a good interview and I was qualified. Not because I am white. SO tell me now, how is THAT white privilege?
edit on 27-2-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

Ignorance being displayed proudly on ATS!! Yes, all blacks don't want to work!! Share with us the ignorant views that your racist parents have pounded into your fragile mind!

You guys have done nothing to kill any claims about this site being an online klansmen meeting. Wallow in your shameful mud bath of hatred!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
What if one race really IS superior to the others? People say that isn't the case as though it has been somehow verified. Maybe the black race is "better" than the white race (whatever that would mean) or vice versa. Perhaps some other group of people is inherently "better" than both? Do we just take the position of race equality because it seems mean to even question it, or is there peer reviewed scientific literature that has established that all races are equal in all ways? Of course, to even pose such a question - to have the audacity to THINK whether or not people's various claims on this issue have any validity - is to display one's ignorance and obvious racism and generally evil character, right?

No 'race' is superior to another...you sick fringe loons need help if you believe skin color determines anything on our microscopic world.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired

When you die, and you feel the warmth of true love flowing through your essence I hope you remember how sick you were during this cycle

Hate hate HATE.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

When did i say anything racist, regardless of race, your a weak excuse for a human. You probably have stolen, stabbed and molested your own family. For five bucks.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Real life experiences tell me that that is the case. And I didn't say all blacks. People in this thread have a habit of putting words into my mouth to fit their agenda. I know blacks that are very good workers. It just so happens that the good workers and the ones that actually want to work are in the minority. Remember, the truth hurts sometimes. And because it is uncomfortable to discuss doesn't mean it is racist or wrong. Have a cookie.

Marinate on that.

edit on 29-2-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3velutionR3quired

When did i say anything racist, regardless of race, your a weak excuse for a human. You probably have stolen, stabbed and molested your own family. For five bucks.

That was out of line. Don't let your emotions get to you. After all, this is the internet.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

"so say we all"

sapiens sapiens*

openminded2011

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The same reason that if a group of white DB's in the NFL decided to proclaim "white" power. Since they are a minority in the NFL when it comes to DB's it would not be seen as threatening but merely them announcing their arrival to the majority black DB's.

White America, I'm sorry, but you are the majority in this country and thus you aren't privy to some things that minorities are. Now when you become a minority (which may eventually happen) you will be able to make such remarks.

There are thousands of channels owned by white America.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I didn't even FINISH reading this article the title says it all. Racism should NOT be an issue now. Come on people this is 2012 . I am SICK and TIRED of hearing people (& around me most of them are black) rant & rave about race comments & situations when we should not even HAVE these issues anymore. We are all EQUAL. Color of our skin, our size, our hair color, our nationality should not matter not one bit about who we are & what our intentions are in this world. I just dont get it. Now we have a famous man instigating the issue....REALLY?? You have children that look up to you and this is the message your portraying?? I am speechless.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join