It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P. Diddy proclaims "black power" on national TV. Was it racist?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by femalepharoe
Pro Black.

does not mean "anti" white.

it inherently does (and anti asian)

why asians?
(very telling that you said that)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
There seems to be somewhat of a trend going on in this thread.

I've noticed a most that are very adament that this is totally racist are people who don't live in the United States.

It may be that they are just ignorant of the history and the situation of black people in the United States.

Or maybe you are clutching at straws when confronted with people who do not ignore your racism

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Pro Black.

does not mean "anti" white.

it inherently does (and anti asian)

why asians?
(very telling that you said that)

As you did not say "being pro Black/Asian"

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

to imagine that most white do not have power , as you claim, implies that you purposely overlook the facts.

guilt can be a trip I'm sure. (its very pointless if you could just acknowledge that skin color provides power , wether you acknowledge it or not)

It's proven that black people with the same, or more education, are less likely to be hired. The unemployment rates in the most recent recession regarding educated black people are quite obvious. for example:

As Public Sector Sheds Jobs, Blacks Are Hit Hardest
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Or maybe you are clutching at straws when confronted with people who do not ignore your racism

You have yet to tell me which race I am racist towards.

I've asked a few times in this thread...no one seems to be able to tell me.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It's only raciest if you say White Power...

Didn't you know that? Sheesh...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yes, it was racist.

I'm not going to elaborate on my own words. I would just like to leave you with a couple of quotes regarding racism in America:

-What do you think of Black History month?
-Ridiculous... I don`t want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.

-How do you think we could get rid of racism?
-Stop talking about it. I`m going to stop calling you a white man. And I`m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man.

Morgan Freeman.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

No you could have said, or "anti hispanic"

but you see asians as whites , ie : the priveleaged establishment.

blacks and hispanics obviously must be in the same boat by your telling "word association game"

So when you see "pro black" you think "anti white/ and asian"

...it is sad really.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

I gotta say something here-If white privilege is the problem then why is Detroit in shambles? Detroit is black run and 82% black. The state is going to take over and when they do the whole city will probably riot. I don't think White Privilege is the problem.
edit on 27-2-2012 by antonia because: opps

I'm not sure what you are saying here.

Are you claiming that "White Privilege" is deserved because white people run things better?

Are you claiming Detroit is in shambles because the amount of black people that live there???

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Encourage black separatism then complain about racism.
It;s a perfect circle. (insert synonym for yank here)
Raise your fiss's.

I think Morgan Freeman nailed it when he said the solution to racism was to "stop talking about it"
edit on 27-2-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

link   

to imagine that most white do not have power , as you claim, implies that you purposely overlook the facts.

no it doesn't.

A tiny number of people have power, most whites don't

guilt can be a trip I'm sure. (its very pointless if you could just acknowledge that skin color provides power , wether you acknowledge it or not)

I have no guilt for my skin colour and I acknowledge no such racist thing

It's proven that black people with the same, or more education, are less likely to be hired.

No it isn't "proven"- it is impossible to actually prove that- it still does not mean white people have power- if anything, the odds are stacked against white people by the state in the west- there are no monies diverted for organisations, groups, etc on the basis ofwhite skin

The unemployment rates in the most recent recession regarding educated black people are quite obvious. for example:

As Public Sector Sheds Jobs, Blacks Are Hit Hardest
www.nytimes.com...

That doesn't prove they are unemployed because of their black skin, it just proves that blacks are more likely to be unemployed- you are interpreting that because of your racist group think world view

link   
reply to post by Tifozi

morgan freeman had an affair with his step granddaughter.

sadly the man is not all there.

Black History is American History , but sadly it is taught completely incorrect.

just wondering , do you think the irish parades are also racist? they're coming up....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

I gotta say something here-If white privilege is the problem then why is Detroit in shambles? Detroit is black run and 82% black. The state is going to take over and when they do the whole city will probably riot. I don't think White Privilege is the problem.
edit on 27-2-2012 by antonia because: opps

I'm not sure what you are saying here.

Are you claiming that "White Privilege" is deserved because white people run things better?

Are you claiming Detroit is in shambles because the amount of black people that live there???

white privilege is a racist term, it should not be used
edit on 27-2-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

"That doesn't prove they are unemployed because of their black skin, it just proves that blacks are more likely to be unemployed- you are interpreting that because of your racist group think world view "

Just want to clarify , the article speaks of blacks WITH jobs who are layed off or fired , not simply just "unemployed".

pray tell, why do YOU believe they are more likely to be unemployed or the first ones to be laid off?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

No you could have said, or "anti hispanic"

but you see asians as whites , ie : the priveleaged establishment.

blacks and hispanics obviously must be in the same boat by your telling "word association game"

So when you see "pro black" you think "anti white/ and asian"

...it is sad really.

Hispanics aren't a race silly, some hispanics are white, some are black and some are mixed race.

So you telling me what I see when I see "pro black" is wrong- I possess this brain not you, so you have no idea what I think and you are just being racist trying to own my white brain (and being completely incorrect in the process)

So sad

link   

"That doesn't prove they are unemployed because of their black skin, it just proves that blacks are more likely to be unemployed- you are interpreting that because of your racist group think world view "

Just want to clarify , the article speaks of blacks WITH jobs who are layed off or fired , not simply just "unemployed".

pray tell, why do YOU believe they are more likely to be unemployed or the first ones to be laid off?

which specific black person?

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

thats what she/he was implying to me. for sure.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You have yet to tell me which race I am racist towards.

I've asked a few times in this thread...no one seems to be able to tell me.

certainly white (you may well be white yourself, but this would not be unusual to find some whites with pyschological disorders that indulge in this group think behaviour which results in them hating their own "group").

Bottom line is you are a racist, and buy into dividing people into groups according to their skin colour and allowing certain groups to do things differently

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
Yes, it was racist.

I'm not going to elaborate on my own words. I would just like to leave you with a couple of quotes regarding racism in America:

-What do you think of Black History month?
-Ridiculous... I don`t want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.

-How do you think we could get rid of racism?
-Stop talking about it. I`m going to stop calling you a white man. And I`m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man.

Morgan Freeman.

Yep. I believe it was with Piers Morgan, that interview. Great quotes, and if everyone could get there, that mindset, it would be fantastic. I actually think the only race is human, but the differences being simply skin tone and culture. Skin tone and culture really don't make you a different "race". We're all human, we all bleed red. But getting people to evolve to that level of thought would require a paradigm shift in human thought, and we collectively aren't there yet. Very sad.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

pull anyone out of the statistics, I guess.

this is 2009:
Jobless rates among blacks have consistently been about double those of whites. In October, the black unemployment rate was 15.1 percent, compared with 8 percent for whites. Last summer, the black unemployment rate hit 16.7 percent, its highest level since 1984.

Economists say there are probably a variety of reasons for the racial gap, including generally lower educational levels for African-Americans, continuing discrimination and the fact that many live in areas that have been slow to recover economically.

2011:www.epi.org...

In each state, the black unemployment rate is higher than the overall rate. In the third quarter of 2011, it ranged from a low of 1.4 times the overall state rate in South Carolina to a high of 3.9 times the overall rate in Minnesota

While the white unemployment rate remains high nationally, in each state and the District of Columbia, it is lower than the overall unemployment rate for each state. In the third quarter of 2011, the highest white unemployment rate was in Nevada (11.7 percent), and the lowest was in North Dakota (2.2 percent).

And the 1930s: www.britannica.com...
The Great Depression of the 1930s worsened the already bleak economic situation of African Americans. They were the first to be laid off from their jobs, and they suffered from an unemployment rate two to three times that of whites. In early public assistance programs African Americans often received substantially less aid than whites,

sadly ..not much has changed since the 1930s. So pick a time era and we'll go from there...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join