It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P. Diddy proclaims "black power" on national TV. Was it racist?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by mcdgray129

I guess you missed the part of my post where I said I call them all idiots. I play hockey with these guys...I wouldn't consider them my friends...just some guys I play hockey with.

I'm a bit more mature to want to get in fights over ever little thing people say or do.

But it appears you want to fight people right in this thread...believe me...we are all impressed with your macho attitude.

If im not mistaking you are one of the first persons to start fighting with people in this thread..
Not me..
And if i had Idiot friends like that, id ether call them out on what they said, or leave the team, one or the other.
Cos i couldnt stay with people that thought like that....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveNoEvil
Stating that one race, because of the color of their skin, is superior to another is the problem.
This creates the line in today's society. This is the source of racism. When people recognize and continue spewing out the BS that their is actually a difference that should be stated to the world of the inferiority of one race to another. Pdiddy, congrats on making yourself look like an idiot.

Great post a star for you my friend, as like i have been saying all along, we are only ONE Race

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Thank you for the agreement. Seeing this type of stuff just makes me... well...

I am still just amazed that the fight for racial superiority is still going on today. Such a pointless and fruitless waste of energy

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Yes it is extremely racist. He needs to be held accountable for everything he says and does. He is in the spotlight and those types of racist comments should not be tolerated. It's wrong to hate.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

What part are you talking about

Stop trying to get you're post count up -_- ..
you know well what parts i meant the parts you didnt answer....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
''Black Crack Power'' sounds more fit for that P. Diddy.The blacks are a dieing breed.They are killing there own people off.''Bro kills Bro'' over $2.00 crack deal gone bad.Keep flooding the coke to the Hood Big Brother.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveNoEvil

Thank you for the agreement. Seeing this type of stuff just makes me... well...

I am still just amazed that the fight for racial superiority is still going on today. Such a pointless and fruitless waste of energy

Another star for you.
It makes me sick too, why cant people see that color doesnt matter, on the inside are we not all the same??,
Do we not all bleed the same color blood??, yes we do. we should all stand together instead of this.
And White power, black power, in this day and age, its all the same.
Whatever it ment in old times no longer is the same as today, today its racist if it comes from whites or blacks or whatever you're color is, get over yourself and realize we are all one..

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highergrounds
Black crack power more like it.The blacks are a dieing breed.They are killing there own people off.''Bro kills Bro'' over $2.00 crack deal gone bad.

you are a racist #, but then i think you're a troll account just trying to rile people up...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurfSpace
Yes it is extremely racist. He needs to be held accountable for everything he says and does. He is in the spotlight and those types of racist comments should not be tolerated. It's wrong to hate.

Star for you my friend. And yes anyone in the spotlight should be helt for what they say. but some people just cant see that..

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcdgray129

Black crack power more like it.The blacks are a dieing breed.They are killing there own people off.''Bro kills Bro'' over $2.00 crack deal gone bad.

you are a racist #, but then i think you're a troll account just trying to rile people up...

You think twink?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcdgray129

Originally posted by dayve

What part are you talking about

Stop trying to get you're post count up -_- ..
you know well what parts i meant the parts you didnt answer....

No idea wtf your talking about, and im not gonna finagle around a few pages to find it. I dont know what a post count is, nor do i care. I dont care who p diddy offended, if he offended anyone that person deserves to be slapped. Case closed.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

Yall got trolled by bad boy records imo...

Successful troll is successful

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Why is this even a topic? Everyone knows pdiddy or whatever he's calling himself this week is all about money and opportunism. He's a marketer, that;s all, he follows the money.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by martianmallow
Rapper P. Diddy has caused some ripples around the internet for some questionable comments he made during the NBA All Star game.

The video:

The comment in question:

Interviewer: Are you starting a new network?
Diddy: Yes, yes, Revolt TV, new network coming to you soon. The revolution will be televised, black power, you see it, put a fist in the air.

No news outlets have put out a story on this as far as I know, so it must not be a story, right? I believe it is.

I'm not ignorant and I'm aware of the struggles of minorities in this society. But it's not 1968 anymore. I don't think this is acceptable to say on television these days. Even the name of the station is unsettling to me. It sounds more like a black supremacist station than something that is supposed to encourage and celebrate their culture. If a white celebrity had said that on television it would cause a media circus.. so why the double standard?

I think that pardoning minorities from saying things like this perpetuates racial tension and brings the focus of a situation on race. This is contradictory to my education where we were taught to include and accept everyone for who they are. MLK told us to judge a person by the content of their character and that is just what I do. Not to say that someone shouldn't be proud of their heritage and racial culture. Because they most certainly should be.

In my opinion, black supremacists and white supremacists are two sides of the same coin. They are holding their own race above all others, the definition of racism. So why is one evil so openly ridiculed while the other so openly accepted? Shouldn't both be discouraged? Shouldn't we be taught to learn from the mistakes of the past and move on, rather than continue the hatred for each other? We are ALL human beings. The level of melanin in your skin cells is irrelevant to what is in your soul.

No matter what color you are, if race matters to you more than the actions and character of others, I have zero respect for you. I did not choose my race and neither did you. It is so ignorant to hold that against someone and it drives me up the wall that it's still an issue in 2012.

And it's because of crap like this. Don't tolerate it anymore! Love each other, we're all stuck on this rock together, might as well get along.

edit on 2/26/2012 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

I think you are just jealous that this black man is a multi millionaire. 99% percent people like you are just jealous. Mitt Romney for President!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

Pardon my French, but EFFFF that..

Don't even get me started on that non-sense.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

''Black Crack Power'' sounds more fit for that P. Diddy.The blacks are a dieing breed.They are killing there own people off.''Bro kills Bro'' over $2.00 crack deal gone bad.Keep flooding the coke to the Hood Big Brother.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)

Shouldn't you be out setting crosses on fire in your neighbors yard or something? If you feel that way about it start your own "I hate black people club" then, wait that's been done ?

What a herp derpster

You just sent whites back 200 years with that blatant mind numbing stupidity, please stop you are embarrassing to the rest of us white folks.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Based on this explanation of racism from a sociological point of view i must say that black people cannot be racist. There is no highly organized system nor does it transcend every level of society. And much less, held together by a sophisticated ideology.

Sociologists Noël A. Cazenave and Darlene Alvarez Maddern define racism as “...a highly organized system of 'race'-based group privilege that operates at every level of society and is held together by a sophisticated ideology of color/'race' supremacy.

Racism from the sociological viewpoint

Now bigotry is another issue. And i know it is all about we are all the same and this and that. But to have endured it makes one want to retribute.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kazanoom
Why is this even a topic? Everyone knows pdiddy or whatever he's calling himself this week is all about money and opportunism. He's a marketer, that;s all, he follows the money.

I agree controversy sells, he must be taking notes from Kanye West.

It worked for him

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It is racist, because if it had been a White celebrity to say "White Power" there would be a racist outcry with not just the media but the entire world!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReleaseThePressure
Based on this explanation of racism from a sociological point of view i must say that black people cannot be racist. There is no highly organized system nor does it transcend every level of society. And much less, held together by a sophisticated ideology.

Sociologists Noël A. Cazenave and Darlene Alvarez Maddern define racism as “...a highly organized system of 'race'-based group privilege that operates at every level of society and is held together by a sophisticated ideology of color/'race' supremacy.

Racism from the sociological viewpoint

Now bigotry is another issue. And i know it is all about we are all the same and this and that. But to have endured it makes one want to retribute.

But you see none of the coloured people posting in this thread has endured it..
What we are talking about has died out years ago.
And except for maybe a few white people that may still be racist (Are you really telling me some coloured people are not too??), it has all but died out. We have no need for this type of stuff in our day and age,,
edit on 27-2-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join