It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P. Diddy proclaims "black power" on national TV. Was it racist?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

My paint exactly , they where just being jerks, so i guess that must make all us white guys jerks too right??, i dont think so.

Who ever said that all white guys are jerks or that all white guys are racists???

You are ranting at this point and have let go of all logic and sense.

But why are you defending them as being "jerks" instead of being racists? Is it that hard for you to admit that there are racists still in the world today?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
We might as well stop arguing this case.

It's ok for everyone but whites to have double-standards. Didn't you get the memo?

edit on 26-2-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

Exactly!

Everybody gets a chance

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

Actually this just sounds like marketing rhetoric for a new network aimed at a minority market. P.Diddy is about as mainstream as you get but needs a bit of gangsterism noise to get attention.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
what a derp. this is why i dont listen to diddy. or any rap for that matter. if you still support diddy after this you should take a good look in the mirror.
edit on 26-2-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is a silly thread as what Diddy was saying was a build up to Chase's dunk. Poor choice of words but not racist as it was part of the act.

Wake up white America. Jeez.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

I am not ignorant of the struggles of certain groups on the planet due to colour, or creed. However to allow any man to say, promote "black power" / "white power" / "whatever colour you fancy yourself power", means that any other man should be allowed to do the same. If you only want to allow some to do so, that is discriminatory, is it not?

I get confused about all this race stuff though, we're all part of the Human race, are we not..?
edit on 26-2-2012 by ToFarGone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
close the thread...... its pointless

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyQuincunx

Just added you to my friend's list for your comment.
Power to the People!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by martianmallow

It was a silly thing to say, but P.Diddy is far from racist. He's signed white acts, dated non-black women and keeps company with whites. I think he was just in the moment and said that to promote his new TV network.
www.mtv.com...
I'm guessing it's going to be more hip-hop/rap/r&b oriented. These are musical genres that are predominately black. Perhaps this why he said it. He shouldn't have said it, but I was thinking there might have been a reason why.

P. Diddy is ALL about $$$. He is a smart business man and will sign any act as long as there is a dollar to be made. I won't go into the white-girl-dateing-thingy

The target audience for his revolt TV channel is not white ...He is probably disappointed that he didn't cause a big enough stink with his comment. No free mainstream media coverage for his new business enterprise.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
P diddys role is to influence hip hop music and style with his homosexual ism

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Originally posted by mcdgray129

its not racist or a double standard get over it.... white power is a statement of hate, black power is a statement of unity.

Look at my last post on the page before this one, the statement i said then holds true to you too.
Black Power no longer holds the same meaning it used too, and in this day and age is very much a racist statement, and should be halt as such...

edit on 26-2-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

And you would know that because your black? I've never rolled around yelling racial slurs at white people screaming black power, and ive never heard of it happening on a daily basis. But i have on more than enough occasions been yelled the N word out of a truck full of white people, they scream "White power" the only thing i could do was wish they would be dumb enough to stop. But hold it to all of you experts on here that know the difference between white power, brown pride, and black power..... IDK why white people are on this thread anyways its not about you. If you want a online race war, you have fun arguing by yourself.

edit on 26-2-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

No i would know that becos i am irish, and more then ye we have been suppressed down the years, but i hold no grudge.
And imo i think you're lying, as i could not see that happening in this day and age, and you not getting them people locked up, or at least halt accountable for their words, so imo thats all lies...
Dont be upset cos the Black Power word might become racist one day just like saying white power is...

Oh im lying.... Happened more than once in paradise CA, and here in chico on many occasions, if you have any idea where paradise is you wouldn't call me a liar..... And dont compare irish to this, thats even dumber than this topic. On another note, Why would i get them locked up? I can fight and have no problem trying to take on a truck full of fake cowboys... You dont know me so dont assume sh*t

You dont know me too, so also dont assume # about me... and i give no # where you're from or what color you are, racism is racism and thats fact..
Oh and i can fight too trust me...

You called me the liar, and where im from would be irrelevant if you didnt make dumbass statements. My color is also irrelevant, until you walk back out into reality from under your rock.. Racism is racism and p diddy isnt racist... He made alot of white people rich. And i doubt you can fight, im calling you a liar.

Come over to ireland and ill show you i can fight, as i also dont think you can, but if you can then we would have a good fight, as im a traveler so fighting is in my blood..
And i was the one who said racism is racism, no matter what color, so your taking my words now??.

edit on 26-2-2012 by dayve because: yadayadah...

Why did you edit your post and mine, to make it look like i was the one saying something bad? really??, i thought you where a bit more smarter then that...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

its not racist or a double standard get over it.... white power is a statement of hate, black power is a statement of unity.

Look at my last post on the page before this one, the statement i said then holds true to you too.
Black Power no longer holds the same meaning it used too, and in this day and age is very much a racist statement, and should be halt as such...

And you would know that because your black? I've never rolled around yelling racial slurs at white people screaming black power, and ive never heard of it happening on a daily basis. But i have on more than enough occasions been yelled the N word out of a truck full of white people, they scream "White power" the only thing i could do was wish they would be dumb enough to stop. But hold it to all of you experts on here that know the difference between white power, brown pride, and black power..... IDK why white people are on this thread anyways its not about you. If you want a online race war, you have fun arguing by yourself.

No i would know that becos i am irish, and more then ye we have been suppressed down the years, but i hold no grudge.
And imo i think you're lying, as i could not see that happening in this day and age, and you not getting them people locked up, or at least halt accountable for their words, so imo thats all lies...
Dont be upset cos the Black Power word might become racist one day just like saying white power is...

Oh im lying.... Happened more than once in paradise CA, and here in chico on many occasions, if you have any idea where paradise is you wouldn't call me a liar..... And dont compare irish to this, thats even dumber than this topic. On another note, Why would i get them locked up? I can fight and have no problem trying to take on a truck full of fake cowboys... You dont know me so dont assume sh*t

You dont know me too, so also dont assume # about me... and i give no # where you're from or what color you are, racism is racism and thats fact..

You called me the liar, and where im from would be irrelevant if you didnt make dumbass statements. My color is also irrelevant, until you walk back out into reality from under your rock.. Racism is racism and p diddy isnt racist... He made alot of white people rich. And i doubt you can fight, im calling you a liar.

Come over to ireland and ill show you i can fight, as i also dont think you can, but if you can then we would have a good fight, as im a traveler so fighting is in my blood..
And i was the one who said racism is racism, no matter what color, so your taking my words now??.

Why did you edit your post and mine, to make it look like i was the one saying something bad? really??, i thought you where a bit more smarter then that...

Nah i was just tryin to delete what i said cause were just going in circles on this subject... Everybodys from different places in the world, got their own opinions , based on what they see threw their own eyes. This thread is retarded and should be shut down. IMO

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Did you not say you where picked on inside locker rooms??, unless i miss read your post??, if so im sorry??.
But even so, you would see that even if it was all colored people in that locker room, and a white guy came in, you would see him get picked on im sure..
What i mean is, dont paint everyone with the 1 brush is what im saying, we are not all the same.
The is good and bad in everyone..

Ummmm...yeah...you completely miss read my post.

I said I see it in the locker room...I witness it. It isn't directed to me or anyone else in the locker room...just a group of white guys talking about "did you see that "N" the other day here at the rink...yeah I wish he would play so we can show him that we aren't going to have them take over this sport as well".

It's not just one example either...like I said...it is an all out racist rally. But, take those same guys at the bar where there are black people...and they are soooooo friendly to them and acting all buddy buddy to them.

And like I said...it's not only "locker rooms"...it's anywhere where it is "private"...and that is where true feelings come out.

This is all a counter argument to your "we live in a new age" BS and trying to act like racism isn't a real problem still in our world today. You can bury your head in the ground and say there is no racism and everyone is treated "equally"...but I am calling total BS on that.

Imo i think you're lying, and if your not, well then are you not in the wrong too, for not speaking up??.
If it was me, and i was in a room and people where saying things like that, well id tell them to stfu, and id call them out on it..
So if you was in that sport, you should be big enough to call most of them out right?, unless you're talking bull#???.
Cos if it was me, and i was in a room of people saying that, id call them out And if i had to, we would go head to head...
edit on 27-2-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

My paint exactly , they where just being jerks, so i guess that must make all us white guys jerks too right??, i dont think so.

Who ever said that all white guys are jerks or that all white guys are racists???

You are ranting at this point and have let go of all logic and sense.

But why are you defending them as being "jerks" instead of being racists? Is it that hard for you to admit that there are racists still in the world today?

I think you have been ranting for some time now in this thread, but hey what can we do?.
I will admit they where racist and jerks if they did do that.
But i'll ask once again, why didnt you stand up for him if that was the case??, where you scared you where going to lose you're so called racist friends??.
And are you really telling me white guys never got picked on by colored people??, really??.
Dont tell me about racism, even if i might not be black we had to deal with it.
But guess what we got over it.
We are all one race at the end of the day, we are all being # on. Not only blacks, all of us.
Instead of trying to stand apart we should stand as one, united we should stand.
I dont care about the color of a persons skin or anything else like that, inside we all bleed the one color...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Nah i was just tryin to delete what i said cause were just going in circles on this subject... Everybodys from different places in the world, got their own opinions , based on what they see threw their own eyes. This thread is retarded and should be shut down. IMO

I still find it funny how you left out every other part of my post except for that one part??..

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I still find it funny how you left out every other part of my post except for that one part??..

What part are you talking about

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I guess you missed the part of my post where I said I call them all idiots. I play hockey with these guys...I wouldn't consider them my friends...just some guys I play hockey with.

I'm a bit more mature to want to get in fights over ever little thing people say or do.

But it appears you want to fight people right in this thread...believe me...we are all impressed with your macho attitude.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Stating that one race, because of the color of their skin, is superior to another is the problem.
This creates the line in today's society. This is the source of racism. When people recognize and continue spewing out the BS that their is actually a difference that should be stated to the world of the inferiority of one race to another. Pdiddy, congrats on making yourself look like an idiot.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join