It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P. Diddy proclaims "black power" on national TV. Was it racist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Rapper P. Diddy has caused some ripples around the internet for some questionable comments he made during the NBA All Star game.

The video:

The comment in question:

Interviewer: Are you starting a new network?
Diddy: Yes, yes, Revolt TV, new network coming to you soon. The revolution will be televised, black power, you see it, put a fist in the air.

No news outlets have put out a story on this as far as I know, so it must not be a story, right? I believe it is.

I'm not ignorant and I'm aware of the struggles of minorities in this society. But it's not 1968 anymore. I don't think this is acceptable to say on television these days. Even the name of the station is unsettling to me. It sounds more like a black supremacist station than something that is supposed to encourage and celebrate their culture. If a white celebrity had said that on television it would cause a media circus.. so why the double standard?

I think that pardoning minorities from saying things like this perpetuates racial tension and brings the focus of a situation on race. This is contradictory to my education where we were taught to include and accept everyone for who they are. MLK told us to judge a person by the content of their character and that is just what I do. Not to say that someone shouldn't be proud of their heritage and racial culture. Because they most certainly should be.

In my opinion, black supremacists and white supremacists are two sides of the same coin. They are holding their own race above all others, the definition of racism. So why is one evil so openly ridiculed while the other so openly accepted? Shouldn't both be discouraged? Shouldn't we be taught to learn from the mistakes of the past and move on, rather than continue the hatred for each other? We are ALL human beings. The level of melanin in your skin cells is irrelevant to what is in your soul.

No matter what color you are, if race matters to you more than the actions and character of others, I have zero respect for you. I did not choose my race and neither did you. It is so ignorant to hold that against someone and it drives me up the wall that it's still an issue in 2012.

And it's because of crap like this. Don't tolerate it anymore! Love each other, we're all stuck on this rock together, might as well get along.

edit on 2/26/2012 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I agree. There is a double standard and jerks like 'pdiddy' and Chris Rock perpetuate the bs. Its 2012. Obama is president.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

Besides the fact that he's an idiot, we've already had enough issues in Orlando because of this "All Star Weekend" crap.

On Friday, Nike released its All Star shoe and the people turned into animals. They had to bring in the SWAT team to control the crowd. The last I heard, people were calling for Orlando's Sheriff Demmings to call Nike and have them pay for the resources that had to come out because of this mess.

Regarding what he stated, yes. I believe that the elite want racism to be stirred up again. Just look at how you can't even criticize the POTUS without being called a racist. Another thing, I believe, is that P. Diddy is part of the Illuminati and will do whatever they wish. He is one of their bought and paid for puppets who is controlled. The fact that Aleister Crowley was involved in Black Majik and rituals is a huge part of this whole conundrum. Our elite do believe in dark forces and energies. Diddy calling on needing "black power" may also have meant this, too. Black majik and dark powers are used by these people whether you want to believe it or not.

+45 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If I had made a proclamation on TV, that I was starting a Revolution TV network, called it White Power...the politically correct police in the media would be all over it. Calling me a KKK member and other such ridiculous things....

P. Diddy is only following the lead of our divide and conquer President.....I find it appalling.

Des

edit on 26-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I couldn't agree more with the OP's opinion on this. I just wanted to point something out. I am white and so is my daughter. She is 9-years old. She just walked into my room as I was watching this clip and she summed it all up. By the way she is an aspiring musician (vocalist)...aren't all 9-year old girls? Her heroes are women like Selah Sue and Beyonce.

Here's what she said to me, "Dad...why does P Diddy keep talking about black people and power all of the time? Is he racist?"

You see my kids don't see color...they see people...It is morons like P-Diddy that help in keeping the color lines between us all. There are haters everywhere...if we recognize them...we give them power.

I wish P-Diddy would just shut the hell up anyway. He is an ignorant racist fool.

Good morning.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I agree with you, OP. Very well said.

In my opinion, no one will tackle statements like this for fear of being labeled racist. It's definently a double standard.

I work with young children. They could care less about a child's race, ethnicity, family background, economic status, or religious beliefs. All they see when looking at another child is someone to play with.

Imagine how awesome it could be twenty years from now if these little ones can keep that viewpoint!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It makes me very sad, that in the year 2012 we hear these words still based on racism or "black revolution?"...
I really hope with "black" and "white" (skin) you only describe people like their hair colors someday. But if you look around you'll see it's a long way to go. Maybe at the earliest in about 100 years until the amount of people thinking this way is so low that you won't find one of them in your lifetime.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Power the the People!
2nd

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I'm White, and i personally don't care what he say's. Although if say M&M said White power there'd probably be an uproar, it's ridiculous political correctness gone mad.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is insanely disgusting of mr Diddy... I can't even begin to list the ways in which this is wrong, because it transcends way too many layers...

But i just goes to show what I always knew there's a severe double standard... I'm of mixed races (a mutt you could say) and have been the brunt of many many bits of crap leveled at me over the years for it, did it push me to proclaim "mutt power" and want to start a network that would televise a revolution? He should be arrested immediately for sedition and treason, IF HIS GOAL IS to incite a race war within the borders of the US, if that's not his goal, he needs to clarify, but form wat i see and have looked up it seems that's what he's advocating.

Mutt Power!!!!

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
He calls himself P Diddy.

Is there really anything he can say that is not retarded?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

The way I figure, as long as humans have been on this planet wouldn't you think we're all mutts?

I'm sure somewhere down the line we've got a little bit of everything.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
This is insanely disgusting of mr Diddy... I can't even begin to list the ways in which this is wrong, because it transcends way too many layers...

But i just goes to show what I always knew there's a severe double standard... I'm of mixed races (a mutt you could say) and have been the brunt of many many bits of crap leveled at me over the years for it, did it push me to proclaim "mutt power" and want to start a network that would televise a revolution? He should be arrested immediately for sedition and treason, IF HIS GOAL IS to incite a race war within the borders of the US, if that's not his goal, he needs to clarify, but form wat i see and have looked up it seems that's what he's advocating.

Mutt Power!!!!

A veterinarian told me once that purebred dogs weren't quite as smart as mutts... to much inbreeding...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I'm also a mongrel (English, Scottish and Indian) White with dark hair. But i see myself as English as was born here, i am very proud. Everyone should be proud of where they're from and i don't believe any race is better than another, we are all human and should all try and get along. He's just an idiot if he is seriously trying to promote racism again.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yeah....P Diddy is a racist

He said the black power thing right before a "white men can't jump statement" although the jumping part was in the script the black power statement was very tasteless

Right here, right now I challenge P Diddy to a boxing match over these words. I bet he backs down....wuss

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Not too shocking if your goal is to get free advertising for your new network. Maybe the MSM is smart enough to see that.

Who exactly is going to get offended in his target audience?
edit on 26-2-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1

Not too shocking if your goal is to get free advertising for your new network. Maybe the MSM is smart enough to see that.

Oxymoron of this thread....Smart MSM........

Des

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Turq1

Oxymoron of this thread....Smart MSM........

Des

Or irony of this thread.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptObvious
I really hope with "black" and "white" (skin) you only describe people like their hair colors someday.

You should definitely be able to identify someone by their race, as it is one of their most identifying features. It frustrates me when I see politically correct crime reports that will not identify someone's race, but rather their hair and eye color, and what they're wearing. It's too incomplete. The stigma behind the words "black" or "white" or "asian" or "hispanic" is totally indoctrinated by the politically correct media. They are generally used as broad terms to describe a type of person and there should be no discomfort with using them. It's not racist to identify someone's race, because it is a part of who they are.

I hate the term "African-American," I've even seen one video of a politically correct show in the UK using that term to describe a black Englishman. Ugh.

Instead of replacing race with hair color, make it synonymous to hair color.
No one hates blondes just because they are blonde.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It was a silly thing to say, but P.Diddy is far from racist. He's signed white acts, dated non-black women and keeps company with whites. I think he was just in the moment and said that to promote his new TV network.
www.mtv.com...
I'm guessing it's going to be more hip-hop/rap/r&b oriented. These are musical genres that are predominately black. Perhaps this why he said it. He shouldn't have said it, but I was thinking there might have been a reason why.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join