It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just found a baby mice (pinky)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I found a baby mouse (houserat) my rough estimate of age is 2 or 3 days, eyes are shut, ears still attached? tiny hairs when put up against light. but obviously on its way to a certain death.

should i just leave it die? or try and save it ? i think its chances of survival are pretty low, what have you done when been in this situation?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Give it to the cat.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
it's a delicacy!
but if you wanna save it ===> google it?
Would be a tough one though I believe...
Good luck

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 1beerplease

I hope I am not too late to tell you to at least try and keep it alive. Put it in a box with toilet paper and keep it warm. Maybe try and give it some milk with a pipette. It probably won't survive but it is a little creature that has a bad start to life. Regardless of its species, if it does survive, you'll have a friend forever. I wish I could take it, I would do anything to give it a chance. Even if it dies naturally, the little mite deserves to have some comfort. I wish you and the little one good luck.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Do you have any friends who own...snakes?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Keeping it warm.... Try using a hot water thingamajig for it to lay on. Or just hold it in your hands.

Hope you can save him!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Breastfeed him ?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
If it was all alone. not near the nest of other pinkies, in all probability, it was removed from the nest by the mother. They will often do this if they sense something is wrong with it. The little thing may already have two strikes against it, and won't live no matter what you try. You can try, but don't feel bad if there is nothing you can do.

Good Luck...

Des

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
ok, so i got it in a coffee cup fom maccas, heaps of up rags for its bedding and a blanket. oh and under the rags is a little pad heater ive had for ages with the cord coming under the bottom of cup, had to cut hole. its pretty warm and i guess you could say cosy, looks more comfy than my bed! and warmer. anyways done a google search about keeping them alive...... possible but hard work sorta. i cant believe im doing this lol

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Its a good thing to do. Even if it doesn't work, you tried. Compassion is never wasted effort.

If the little fella lives, maybe post pics?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I spent months trying to get those little buggers out of my house.

A humane trap (one of those plastic box things, that tilts and when they run in to get the food, it falls and the door closes) and took them all out for a 5 minute walk to the park.

After about 3 months of this, I thought Stuff it, there's mouse poop and half eaten bags everywhere, and got rat poison.

So good luck with that monster!!!!!!

Nah it's good you wanna save it, but I'm sure his 50 brothers and sisters in your walls are already plotting how to free him from your human bondage!!!!

edit on 26-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
assuming you found this in or around where you reside, you better get rid of it and promptly find the others. these things breed fast and become VERY hard to get rid of at that point. I am currently up right now due to the mice running rampant in my house. one is cute, many are a nightmare and carry disease, mites, and horrendous odors, not to mention they gnaw up your furniture and walls.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

You know you found it before 6 am? Sounds like a nice Sunday breakfast to me.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay

Like one of those funny dishes the French used to eat? Drown the little bird in fragrant wine, then bake him whole, and then put a tea towel over your head and crouch over the table, stuff the entire little bird in your mouth and slowly suck the juices out, crunching slowly the now soft bones and savouring the flavours of his guts??

I just ate a chilli and everything tastes like agony. I don't think I want to think about this anymore

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

nope, around 8pm EST

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Originally posted by TFCJay

Like one of those funny dishes the French used to eat? Drown the little bird in fragrant wine, then bake him whole, and then put a tea towel over your head and crouch over the table, stuff the entire little bird in your mouth and slowly suck the juices out, crunching slowly the now soft bones and savouring the flavours of his guts??

I just ate a chilli and everything tastes like agony. I don't think I want to think about this anymore

....wow that truely is f%*(ED UP!!!! but than you say french? lol who knows it is probably real nice.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

im only renting for the next 5 weeks than im moving houses. land lord can deal with it LOL

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Supper maybe? Or a snack before bed?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Oh I found one too, IN my under wear drawer! It ran away cause I screamed. It's been in my house since. There are traps all over. I'm sick of them, the only thing that gets stuck in them is ME!

It's a cute little one but I don't like having to re-do laundry every other day because it uses my dresser drawers as a bathroom! It also had it's way with my red blazer in my closet which means it can get to my shoes so now it will most definitely not get to live. I will be getting some rat poison because this thing is smart! I know they are outside and in the trees which is fine, I just don't want them in my house, outside fine but not inside. If the poison doesn't work a cat sure as heck will which I will be getting in the next month. I never had a rat/mice problem BUT I've always had a cat.

I know you think it's cute and you feel bad, I did too til it started destroying my stuff. It chews on doors trying to get back where it came from which is sealed off now. I have traps all over and it avoids them...oh and the kicker it gets the FOOD and the doesn't get trapped. So yea this little guy has got to go. It's been a month and well I'm over finding poo in my drawers, cute or not! It looks like a baby hamster but it sounds like a mini dog chewing on my doors! It also knows when I move because it stops so I can' never see it only hear it chewing. I have only seen it a couple times, in my drawers!

Look at it this way, if you were the size of dinner it would eat you without a second thought or feeling of guilt.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I make my own line of organic products using essential oils...get some peppermint oil. Using a Q-tip, rub it around the inner edges of your drawers, mice hate it. It's a well known rodent deterrent. Plus your clothes will have a nice fresh scent.

How to Get Rid of Mice Using Peppermint Oil

Read more: How to Get Rid of Mice Using Peppermint Oil | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

Des

top topics

<<   2 >>

join