It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What pop songs would you like to hear as ROCK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This song is great but Whitesnake gave it a cool rock sound that most of us know it today as Whitesnake's song.

Ain't no love in the heart of the city - funky version-

Abba's Summernight City was given a heavy makeover. I love this.

I'd like to hear Shirley Bassey do a Scorpions Cover. And I'd like to hear Ozzy sing this, all rocked up with some heavy guitars. -

What pop songs would you like to hear as rock?
edit on 26-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Um, none of them.

Just write new songs. What's so hard about that? Why remake a movie or cover a song?

BE ORIGINAL.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I think it must be hard to write new songs that are any good, that's why charts are filled with #e.

But there's little gems inside old pop songs that once polished up they can be fantastic.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

While I respect your opinion, there are 1000s of talented bands/artists making new, original tunes.

If you'd like, I can suggest plenty of new music from a variety of genres for you. No country though... I only know older country artists.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Thanks very much for the offer DaTroof. I just wanted to see if anyone had a pop song they'd like to hear rocked up a bit. It's about old music that could have been done better, for rockers like myself, (loads on ATS). I've given some examples of clever makeovers that I enjoy and wondered if anyone else had any, that's all .

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
reply to post by DaTroof

Thanks very much for the offer DaTroof. I just wanted to see if anyone had a pop song they'd like to hear rocked up a bit. It's about old music that could have been done better, for rockers like myself, (loads on ATS). I've given some examples of clever makeovers that I enjoy and wondered if anyone else had any, that's all .

It's cool. I wasn't hating on your idea. I'm just not a fan of cover tunes for the most part.

To contribute to your idea... this song would be pretty cool if it could be reproduced with proper studio equipment:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-2-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I suppose I'd be interested in a metal cover of this song...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Now that's what I'm talking about. It would have to be really good 'cos that's one of my favourite songs.

(get your comment section open so I can post something on your wall)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Done and done.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There have been a lot but I think some rock bands make their covers sound better than the originals.

For instance, Linkin Park's cover of an Adele song, A Static Lullaby covering Britney's song "Toxic", Lostprophets covering Justin Timberlake's "Sexyback" years ago.

Zimmer's Hole covering "This Flight Tonight".

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
alice cooper "pinball wizard"

top topics

join