It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Chemtrails This Year, Huge Black Beam.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
reply to post by Uncinus

Although I understand that perspective, it doesn't make any sense with regards to what I witnessed.

It was later in the day (last) July. I was at a friends having a BBQ. He stepped in for a minute, I looked up and saw a sharp/dark black line shooting out in front of a plane.
I observed this for a few seconds before calling in for him to come and check it out. By the time he got outside it had vanished (for lack of a better term)
It was a clear day for the most part so I don't see how the sun could have caused this at all considering it's orientation in relation to the plane, nevermind the fact that is disappeared for seemingly no reason.

That does actually sound just like an edge shadow. They can be visually very confusing to figure out.

It's to do with the plane of the sun and the contrail. The sun has to be in the same plane as a triangle formed by two points on the contrail and you. When the sun is not close to the trail in the sky then this can look like it's not lined up at all with the contrail.

They are most apparent on a clear blue day with a slight white haze in the air.

The dark line can vanish very quickly as the trail drifts out of line with the sun.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

All that big Chemtrail money right?
Chemtrail/contrail/horsetrail/pinthetailonthedonkeytrail, do any of the arguments on either side really matter.
All I know is if people as a whole continue polluting the air as we have been for the last hundred years we won't be able to even breathe soon, let alone argue.
Bottom line is, the air is polluted and becoming more and more polluted every day.
And when it comes down to being that simple, It makes me wonder who is making the money here?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well, well what have we got here?
weathermodification.com...
Somewhere out there RIGHT NOW an idiot with PHD on his name tag is destroying the planet for profit and fame.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Interesting. Thanks for posting that link describing what those shadows are. Now I not to freak when I see those things!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

Originally posted by Kester

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I'm going to say 99.9% chance you saw a shadow on the blue sky. If you didn't take pictures of it then no one can figure it out anyway.

Plus, why do you seem to be offended by a logical explanation of what it was?

There have been no logical explanations offered here.

I'm going to say 99.9% chance you saw a shadow on the blue sky too. It is THE logical explanation, especially after posting a video of what you thought it looked like. Then there's the link to Uncinus' very detailed article showing you THE SAME THING again, including pics of the shadows against a clear blue sky.

This isn't a subject of great interest to me. I have vastly more knowledge about other subjects that I've started threads on. The videos were quickly snatched of youtube because of a rough similarity. I would have been better off leaving those videos out.

Logical explanations are often incorrect. That's why evidence is used in investigations. Without pictures I have no evidence to present. Therefore this thread is a dead end as far as conclusions go.

I'm impressed by Uncinus's article. It's widely read and obviously fulfils a need. The pictures of the shadow against a clear sky don't match what I saw. They look like shadows. What I saw had the appearance of a beam stretching far into the distance.

I'm familiar with erroneous logical explanations being offered on other subjects. There seems to be two different ways of thinking. The evidence based way, which uses what is experienced. And the logical way which uses internal calculations. I've found more highly educated people tend towards the logical way while people with more experience of the world tend towards evidence.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I too have witnessed what i would call a chemtrail, but black. A black beam running East to West at around 4:00 PM. I did not get footage, however, it looked pretty much the same on the Youtube videos you have posted. I witnessed the plane which was leaving the trail as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by Kester

Actuallly....I DO know:

You can't possibly know what spraying is or isn't being done. There's a lot of sky, a lot of people and a lot of planes.

I know a LOT of stuff, when it comes to aviation topics.....a LOT of stuff....I happen to be a pilot...with a LOT of experience Just ask.....

(Oh, and I should add....not only am I a pilot, but I am an Airline Pilot too....so, all of my knowledge is free to consume, here on ATS.....(wish I could charge a fee, but that is not how it works, on ATS...yeah, wish I could, but I can't)

This is nonsense. My friend who designs jet engine components for X resigned after finding he'd been designing cruise missile components for two years. They didn't tell him what the components were for. Later he went back to them when they assured him he would only be working on civilian projects. Personally I wouldn't trust them.

An acquaintance who used to deliver food to the same company said all the different groups of workers were separated with every effort made to prevent communication between them. They are literally compartmentalised.

A more distant and less savoury acquaintance had a maintenance contract many years ago at the same place which involved working at night. To carry out his work he needed access to the executive bar. He took a small amount out of each bottle of spirits and, aware of the various ways bartenders keep track of the amount in each bottle, he topped them up. With his own urine. Something to think about next time you're drinking in an exclusive bar.

The point is you don't know what's going on behind your back. You don't know what disinformation you've been subjected to. You don't know what may be in the fuel you use.

In all but the very simplest subjects, the more you learn the more you are aware of the limitations of your knowledge. The airline pilots I've met have all been intelligent and capable people. Therefore aware of the limits of their knowledge.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Kester

I will honestly say that I had never ever payed enough attention to the sky to see one, until I saw a thread here about a black line. I bet it wasn't three weeks later, on a beautiful day, I see a contrail then the sun get's in the perfect position and BAM a black line that went from the edge of the contrail all the way across the sky. It was clearly a shadow caused by the sun being in the perfect spot with the contrail doing the light blocking.

Very cool to see, but sadly it didn't last very long.

Good point. Once you're aware you'll notice it. For me it was the other way round. Noticed them first, heard mention of them later. This particular one was very noticeable and doesn't fit with the shadow explanation. Without good photographic evidence it can never be adequately resolved. To be honest I'm regretting starting this thread as other subjects interest me far more. I feel obliged to answer some points now I've set the ball rolling.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Uh, the "black beam" is a shadow.

In many cases yes. In this case it appears not.

Is it daytime? Then it's a shadow.

What is wrong with people's brains nowadays? Has public education permanently damaged people's perception of reality? How about using some innate abilities called "logic" and "reason".

It's a goddamn shadow - get past it already.

Got kicked out of school and walked around with my eyes open for many years.

Logic and reason work in theory. Evidence works in reality.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
reply to post by Kester

I know how you feel. Nobody seems to even look up for anything anymore.

They've been "spraying" here in FL especially in the morning. Just the last week I noticed in the afternoon. I had one person tell me they were contrails I should've said I was (non-plussed to say the least) but I should've said since when do they make a giant X like symbol in the sky?

Npw If they see this post they'll probably say something snarky like x-files. Oh well some people just don't want to know anything about what's going on beneath their noses. They'll be the first to panic when the shtf. At least we're aware something's coming.

I went to visit some friends in London. They'd been living in that house for several months. On the first morning I looked out of the window and saw a huge black pole outside the house with a siren on top of it. At breakfast I asked them about it. Guess what. They'd never even noticed it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Kester

I'll quote this gentleman to anyone who calls these beams shadows.

"u r talking bollocks, i saw this dark beam just appear ,no planes no clouds, it went as far as the eye could see, then a plane deliberatly, flew into it and puffed out whatever then the plane flew out of it, i could not have been any closer to it, it was just to the side of me, and only 4-500 feet above me, it was thick, solid, perfectly parallel, i am from WW2, i have worked outside all my life, i am constantly watching whether as rain would ruin my work, i spent 10 years plus water sports , constantly watching every cloud to gain a wind advantage, never was there any black beams, never these chemtrails, only in last 10 years or so. people like u ought to be hung from the gallows, pure cointelpro crap, and one day u will b held accountable, the people r not stupid, they are only commatoised, i have every faith that one day they will awaken, but it is hard work. this is for real people not fakes like you."

do you REALLY believe that ?

I believe nothing. I just have varying levels of conviction, always ready to change my views as fresh evidence becomes available.

In a local case a few years ago police, social services and the family involved all held the same view. Then after a year one piece of evidence became available to the family which completely reversed their view of the case. They went straight to the police who said bashfully, "Yes, we've become aware of that. We were all completely wrong". In that case a van full of police in body armour was parked around the corner ready for action. The physically powerful individual expected to become dangerously violent sat peacefully without even raising his voice and the police weren't needed. When the extra information became available everyone had to accept he was the victim, not the agressor.

Belief is dangerous.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkej23
reply to post by Kester

Well It's not a common subject day to day chemtrail dicussion but try steve quayle's site

stevequayle.com...

scroll down to his chemtrail section it will open a PDF file with some info on the black lines.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte
.....it definately seems to 'bend ' the light and as as many many observers/researchers have noted the 'shadow' can be on the opposite side of where one would expect it.

This sounds likely. If I had time I'd spend the next three days researching this.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Well, well what have we got here? weathermodification.com... Somewhere out there RIGHT NOW an idiot with PHD on his name tag is destroying the planet for profit and fame.

Did you look at this site or just post the link to it?

If you looked at this site you would ave seen this...

Feasibility Studies

Weather Modification, Inc., has been involved in multiple programs with the goal of identifying the potential benefits derived from the application of cloud seeding techniques. Our feasibility studies focus on the cloud structures and patterns in the project area. Gathered information assists in identifying the cloud seeding technology that's best suited for the project.

Please note it says cloud seeding which as been used for decades and has nothing to do with chemtrails....

Sorry, but not even related...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Kester

The shadows don't seem to be very common. I've only seen a couple but I haven't paid that much attention to the sky since I stopped believing in chem trails 4 years ago. And the whole chem trail theory didn't start till 1999 to the early 2000's, so you probably didn't think twice about them decades ago because your mind didn't think twice about it.

Just like people will tell you persistent contrails didn't exist in the 70's and 80's but you can find them in movies and photos from that time. There was just less traffic and no one telling you that the government is spraying you for them to notice/remember/ or care about them at that time. The human mind has selective memory.

edit on 26-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

I don't think about the chemtrail/contrail issue much. The effect of jet engine noise and the reduced light reaching the ground are a much greater concern. The grounding of flights during the Icelandic volcano clearly showed that the quality of life here without jets is many times better. I can hear a jet as I type. The effects of that distant roar on human health has only become obvious since the volcano gave us a comparison. It's ironic that so many people here desire holidays abroad or even to live abroad because they aren't happy with the weather here. Then they travel in jets which have an immediate detrimental effect on the weather.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

I've seen these too. And they are nothing like the photo you posted. It was One black line sticking out among dozens of white ones. If they're shadows, I'd like to know how the shadow people pick only one of the trails to shadow. Is there another possible explanation besides shadows and rays? I'll see if I can dig out my photos after work.
edit on 2/27/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
reply to post by Uncinus

Although I understand that perspective, it doesn't make any sense with regards to what I witnessed.

It was later in the day (last) July. I was at a friends having a BBQ. He stepped in for a minute, I looked up and saw a sharp/dark black line shooting out in front of a plane.
I observed this for a few seconds before calling in for him to come and check it out. By the time he got outside it had vanished (for lack of a better term)
It was a clear day for the most part so I don't see how the sun could have caused this at all considering it's orientation in relation to the plane, nevermind the fact that is disappeared for seemingly no reason.

I can't wait until the summer so I can start shooting again. I will post photos of this and start my own thread on it.

Also, I find it incredibly odd that I had not seen one of these "things" EVER until approx. two years ago.

If this was some natural phenomenon I would have noticed eons ago (just like CHEMTRAILS), as I'm sure most of the other rational folks in here will agree... if these are "shadows from Chem/Contrails" then we should be seeing them often. We don't.

Thanks for your contribution here.

It seems possible there's some sort of light bending going on here. Shadows, but not as we know them. Possible even that it's a deliberate conjuring trick just to increase the uncertainty, like putting dummies up on the castle wall to give the impression of greater numbers.

I agree, it seems improbable that we all should start to notice them now if they've been here as long as contrails.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte
.....it definately seems to 'bend ' the light and as as many many observers/researchers have noted the 'shadow' can be on the opposite side of where one would expect it.

This sounds likely. If I had time I'd spend the next three days researching this.

Yes, the world's weather and by extension climate is being purposely engineered on a large scale, whatever the particular particulates or aerosols are that are being used, they are highly reflective.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by 1loserel2

Oh, gawd......

CONTRAILS!!!

Do people not realize that airliners fly on various courses????

And, yeah.....those courses mean that the contrails will sometimes "cross"....

And all those courses pass overhead causing health problems for everyone beneath as a result of engine noise and interference with sunlight. Cat mess in the garden and jet mess in the sky. Both caused by inconsiderate and selfish behaviour. Rant over.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by 1loserel2

Check out this vid.

It's from a 767 filming as it passes straight through the middle of another jet's contrail:

Like PB said, flight paths do cross.

edit on 26/2/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Excellent close-up view. Thank you. I hope those who use jets will wake up and acknowledge the scale of the smog they are responsible for.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join